• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

Hi Heather

Debbie is right. What you are going through is classic withdrawal. Weaning from 60mg to nothing in just one month is very fast.

Unfortunately Drs just don't seem to have all the information. Drug companies certainly aren't going to tell them about withdrawals or Drs wouldn't prescribe them (yes, I am cynical). I also don't think the studies funded by drug companies run long enough for the true withdrawal effects to show up properly. Hence Drs just think that the problem disappears once the drug is out of your system. Sadly they are WRONG. The problem is that modern anti-depressants chemically change the way your brain functions. They also alter the levels of not just 1 or 2 neurotransmitters, but many. This is why wdl can be so hard. It takes time for the brain to return to its pre-medication way of functioning.

I know you don't want this drug in your system at this point but it would be easier if you did. Your body is craving it. My recommendation would be to go back on 20mg and stabilise (wait for wdl effects to settle) then wean at maybe 5mg at a time.

Good luck, whatever you decide
Junior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users