• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 FalconLady

FalconLady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:33 PM

During the three years I was on Cymbalta, I ran out and couldn't get a refill for two days. By day two, I was huddled in a corner of my kitchen near the knife drawer. Had my brother not died of self-infliction a few months ago, I would have done it to myself. It was only the thought that I couldn't put my family through that again, that kept me from killing myself. In one word... suicidal.

#2 Magill

Magill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:06 AM

Tried to quit cold turkey....not good idea. It made me feel horrible! It's been a week now since I took my last 30mg. I'm still having the "jitters".....heart racing. I had only been on Cymbalta for about 3 months (60mg then the 30mg). I'm refusing to get back on this stuff and am just trying to keep it together!!

#3 wandap

wandap

Busy Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:34 PM

Guess you could say I quit cold turkey. I was on 60mg twice a day and went to 60mg once a day for 1 week. Planned on going to every other day, etc but my gp wanted me to take a cough syrup that counteracts with Cymbalta so I just quit. The cough was killing me so I figured why not.... If the brain zaps ever quit, I might make it. Been off 1 week. I do have more energy now but the movement makes the zaps worse and they become body zaps. I know one thing for sure, once I get this out of my system you couldn't hold me down and stuff one in my mouth. Anything that makes you feel this bad without it should be illegal and is NOT healthy. I have never had a problem with being addicted to anything except cigs and this is horrible. If quiting drugs is any harder than this no wonder very few succeed. Sometimes it take all the determination I've got not to snap one of my sons head off for a small infraction. Thank goodness they are 20, 17, and 15 and not little or I'd be really worried about that. I also have guardianship of a 12 yr old girl who has just lost her grandmother (the only mother she had ever known) and I am really, really having to watch not being snappy to her (I'm used to boys and girls are sooo whiny! LOL). I think it would be possibly easier if I could just stay in bed all day and not have to actually get up and work. I scare myself driving a little when the zaps hit. Hopefully this will only last a little longer but this is HELL!

#4 artistteacher

artistteacher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:46 PM

Oh, yeah, I go off on my daughter since stopping cold turkey -- it has happened twice that I've lost my composure and scolded her more than anything she had done merited. Poor child. We've had to come to terms with this change in my parenting by talking it through together this moring, and now since reading wandap's post, I have made a private decision to acknowledge my frustration and irritation with darling daughter as being part of my withdrawal.

#5 bulrich22

bulrich22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:49 PM

HELP!!! I only have a week left of 30mg pills and am trying to ween....with only a week left...I'm going to take 1 pill every other day and then quit cold turkey! I have already experienced the side effects of the withdrawal (which...I informed my doctor I didn't want anything that had major withdrawal effects...Effexor XR was enough! He assured me the withdrawal had little to no withdrawl effects...are you kidding me!). After only 1 day I am nauseas, irritable, emotional, and have to literally DRAG myself out of bed. I have a 4 year old and I don't want him to be effected by mood swings and I have to function in order to care for him....in the case, it's lucky I am divorced...he spends half the week with his dad...so atleast he doesn't have to experience his mom 100% of the time!.

Is there ANYTHING that helps ease the withdrawal effects...anything? I'm scared...I have attempted suicide in the past and do not want to every feel that low again! I'm terrified...especially after reading many blogs and research sites that indicate the withdrawal is hell. Please help me...I would MUCH rather deal with the effects of depression that this...oh, and the brain zaps....are they debilitating? I have a job and son....I don't want to be in bed for the rest of my life just because I decided to get off this horrible crap!

HELP, PLEASE HELP!!!

#6 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:07 PM

bulrich22 - They way I understand Cymbalta withdrawl is that if you try to take 1 every other day, you are basically are starting the withdrawal process, well, every other day.

I tried the every other day method in the fall and it just did not work. My shrink had me take 30mg for two weeks, then stop. The first 24 hours were the worst, the first week was the worst, but then I started to feel better, smile, laugh more than I had in the past year or so. I have had withdrawal symtoms (won't list them, because they are the same as everybody elses), but the brain zaps have become less frequent, dizziness fades. Each day is an improvement, though there are times when I am very shaky and agitated. Now I am at day 28 after 3.5 years of Cymbalta.

Things I have been trying are benadryl 1 or two a day, cutting caffeine and trying to make sure I have healthy meals with good balances of protein. Been taking 400 IU of vitamin D and also Omega 3 fatty acids (fish oil). I take these at the same time of day I used to take the Cymbalta. My shrink also gave me lorazepam, which I have taken approximately 3x a week when the withdrawal is making me feel like a maniac. Does it help? I keep telling myself it does. Over and over. And each day gets a little better.

You have so much to live for, your son especially. My best wishes to you and everybody else who is detoxing from Cymbalta. Hang in there.

#7 Sarah L

Sarah L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:36 AM

I quit Cymbalta cold-turkey nearly two weeks ago... and still the withdrawl continues. All I want to do is sleep, and when I do, my dreams are so vivid, that I can't tell if they're my reality, and "reality" is actually the dream state. I have cold sweats at night... often to the point that I have to strip my bed. I had lots of stomach pain initially, but that is lessening now. My attention span is very limited, which is compromising my work. Short of going back onto the Cymbalta, I don't know what I should do at this point. I haven't tried Benedryl, as a previous user had suggested, and I really hope I don't have to. In retrospect, I think I've been far too trusting of the medical profession, and will not take another medication without researching it as much as I can for both positive and negative side effects.

#8 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:01 PM

Sarah L

I hope that you are feeling better today than a few days ago.

#9 ColdTurkeyCate

ColdTurkeyCate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:55 PM

Help! HELP! Someone please respond....
Well obviously I'm here because I'm suffering. Had no idea that I was experiencing cold turkey detox from SSRI. Trying to be funny, but am very anxious about what to do next?! Started my own reduction off the cymbalta. Did not initially discuss with my doctor...but, because of some symptoms of agitation that I was having, decided to try to stop taking my medication quickly! The first 7 days I took a 50% (30mg) reduction of 60mg which I had been on for over 2 years. The following three (3) days I decreased by an additional 50% (emptying out capsule) and took that 15mg (?) maybe every other day for another 5 days(?). Today is day 8 of 0 mgs of cymbalta. During all of this I was suffering from what I thought were menopausal symptoms except for the brain swishes/shivers. I'm feeling agitated and short tempered and have the constant buzzing in my head along with a dull headache on-and-off. Can't seem to feel comfortable in my skin having incredible shifts in body temperature...my hands and feet are cold and I'm simultaneously having hot flashes, my neck and right shoulder are tight and painful. Have the eye zoomies-don't know what it's called--swishing sound when you move eyes right to left. The road back website doesn't seem to offer any help stating that I'm close to the point of no return. Am I at the point of no return or not? If I go back on drug what amount? and states that probably won't alleviate my withdrawal and likely will cause additional symptoms!!! Can't get in touch with my doctor b/c it's a Saturday. Called the service..some other Dr. called back and suggested going back on taper amount (30 mg?) till Monday and call "MY Dr." b/c he's not familiar with that drug...my G.P. basically said get help from the other Dr. who prescribed the cymbalta bye, bye!! ...HHHHHHELLLLLPPPPPP! Don't know if the worst is over or yet to come. Don't know if I'm doing some type of permanent damage to my brain going "inadvertently coldturkey." Saw something about benedryl helping but couldn't find how much...
ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT CAN OFFER ADVICE?

#10 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:41 PM

Cate,

Every other day did not work for me. It essentially was beginning the withdrawal every 48 hours. Supposedly it takes 3-5 days to leave your system, then it seems to be that your brains are in a period of readjustment.

Please be easy with yourself. My fog started to lift on the 40th day, I took it for 3.5 years. Hang in there.

#11 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:32 PM

Well, I am replying because I asked for replies earlier and didn't get any, and that feels awful! I'm taking about 15mg myself at this point, and am feeling all of the things your are listing. I don't want to go back to 30mg either, because I know I will just have to start over again with what I felt last night, which was awful. If what you are feeling is tolerable, to a degree, I would continue at the 15mg. Be cautious with Benedryl, if you are one of the types that gets jittery and not tired, because I think that contributed to my meltdown last night; racing heart, palpitations, and an emotional whack in the face that I wasn't expecting. Drink lots of fluid, limit your caffeine, but if you are a tea or coffee drinker, don't stop altogether, as that will make your headache worse. Snack on nutrional foods, avoid sugars and refined carbs. I also ordered some Omega 3 supplements, GOOD ones, as they are supposed to have a prozac/calming affect on the brain. Those will be here Monday.

I wish I could offer you more than what I have, but I'm struggling and am exactly where you are right now. If you do start to feel any horrible physical symptoms, such as breathing or with your heart, don't hesitate to go to the ER. Not that you will, but I'm just throwing that out there, because it isn't worth your health or life to tough this out, even if you have to take more than the 15mg.

Good Luck

#12 thisucks

thisucks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

Ok, I am hear, too, because I need some support.

I was on Cymbalta, had to get off cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant in the fall of 2006. I had a horrible pregnancy... anyways, postpartum depression made it impossible to stay off anti-depressants after our beautiful baby girl was born in April 2007. NOW, I am taking myself off of Cymbalta. I am so sick of relying on a drug to make me feel better - I need to be stronger for my daughter, and for the last few months I've been taking my Cymbalta (60mg/day), I've been telling my husband I don't think it's working... like the past few months the pharmacy has given me weaker meds or something... even when I'd take it I would swear I forgot it by the afternoon b/c of the withdrawal symptoms.

So... here I am. Day 3 cold turkey. I am having a rough time. I am motivated to be done with the drug forever.... like so many people have said, if it is this hard to get rid of it in my system, how do I know it isn't really really really affecting me negatively in other ways? It scares me.

I really feel like I am in a bubble, or a fog-like state. Does this make sense? My beautiful, wonderful little baby is driving me crazy, and I almost kicked my beloved goldendoodle when she came in covered in goose poo this afternoon, as opposed to laughing it off and throwing her in the tub. I have a gross taste in my mouth, headache, and cannot sleep.

Please, someone, let me know this is all normal and I will be ok!!! My awesome husband - he really is great - just doesn't get it, I think. And honestly, how can I expect him to?? If you've never had this happen to you, I don't think you'd understand at all. It is surreal.

PS My sense of smell is like when I was preggo... I think I can smell the dinner my neighbor's making tonight. Not really, but scents are overwhelming.

#13 coco12

coco12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:12 PM

It all sounds too familiar to me. Smells have almost made me vomit lately. Hang in there it has been a little over three weeks since I've been off it and slowly things are getting better. I'm still pretty moody but I am keeping it under control. Good Luck! If I can do this anyone can!

#14 mslilrose

mslilrose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

I am worried about those of you that are suicidal and are scared out of your wits about withdrawal symptoms. Well, they are not a walk in the park. I think one needs to find their inner strength to get through. We all have our own reasons for wanting to go off cymbalta; however, for those who were severely depressed before being prescribed cymbalta, and if cymbalta helped your depression and has not been a bad experience for you, you may consider staying on it. I began taking it after my husband passed away, unexpectedly. My physician believed it would be good for the obvious depression I would have to cope with.( I now wonder about his choice for a temporary antidepressant) However, after 18 months, I've gone through the worst of my mourning, had therapy, I was feeling stronger and wanting to date again, and I wanted to distinguish whether I was no longer depressed because of the cymbalta or because I was working toward emotional health. Again, for those who took cymbalta because they were diagnosed as being chronically depressed, why go off it? Another big reason for me was that I had no libido; therefore. I couldn't start dating because I felt no sexual attraction. Well, my Doctor took me off 30 mg, cold turkey after I had weaned from 60 mg. The withdrawal is terrible, and I don't know if I could handle it if I was depressed and scared.

#15 mslilrose

mslilrose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:12 PM

For those who are worried about if something horrible is happening to the body because of the awful withdrawal symptoms: I was in a recovery program years ago for an addiction I'm not proud of. However, we were taught a lot about what happens in our brain. You know that cymbalta is a serotonin booster. To make it simple, the drug fills in, as receptors, certain parts in our brain. Now, the body is no longer having to do the work by itself. Since the cymbalta has been boosting our serotonin levels for many months or years, what do you think is going to happen when you stop taking the drug? Even if you are weaning, the brain is still going to be "lazy" and not bother to do the work, as long as the cymbalta is still there to do it. For an example: When I weaned off methadone, I was good as long as I was taking it, even when I got down to 1 mg. The minute I stopped the 1 mg., my body went through immediate withdrawal. So think of it this way...when you finally go off your cymbalta, your brain is craving the serotonin. It has forgotten to perform on its own. It makes sense that it takes time for your brain to start functioning on its own. Referring to my methadone experience again, without it, my body couldn't produce its own endorphins for six months to a year after stopping the drug. It forgot how because it relied upon methadone to produce endorphins, which are the hormones that drive the body. If we still don't feel good after a couple weeks, the brain is just relearning. Some of you are still not feeling "normal" after over a month after stopping cymbalta. Believe me, it is taking this long for your brain chemistry to get going again. This will not harm your body nor your brain. A reminder: Before cymbalta, some of us had low serotonin and it caused us to feel depressed. It may be that you might have to reconsider stopping your serotonin booster. Years ago, I went off prozac, and at another time prozac, without withdrawal symptoms. Perhaps starting either of those for depression will ward off your withdrawal symptoms from cymbalta. I don't know, but they are also serotonin boosters. Do some research on your own before asking your Doctor. Try googling the differences between the meds to find people's opinions and comments. Hope you all didn't think I was trying to act like an expert. I'm 56 and just have had a few years of experience with meds ugh. Right now, I'm 6 days withdrawing from cymbalta. It does suck.

#16 serendipity

serendipity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

I did not quite cold turkey. My physician offered a "tapering down" regimen: 60 mg one day/ 30 mg the next day for about a week; then 30 mg to 0 for a week, etc. I must say, withdrawal from Cymbalta has been a bear. I hope Lilly Pharmaceuticals is aware, and I hope the medical community thinks twice before starting someone on this drug. I've been Cymbalta free for about a week now, and my symptoms have been: nausea (extreme at times), head spinning, nightmares initially; and frequent trips to the bathroom. But on the positive side: my mind is clearer, and I can "feel" more intensely. I've been on this drug about 9 months (60 mg per day), and would never consider resuming it. Tapering off Paxil was much easier than this. I think the nausea has been the most frightening and alarming. So far, I have not gained weight, but I do watch what I eat closely. Try to eat healthy (fruits and vegetables, lean meat, whole grain foods) and include smaller portions more frequently, exercise (just moving helps tremendously), and if you crave something sweet, (like the chocoholic I am) indulge it, but maybe consider those small, individual portions you can buy...like the Ghiaradelli chocolate squares, or the individual Easter eggs that are out now. Thanks for sharing, all!!!

#17 herbabec

herbabec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:54 PM

I have been on Cymbalta since late October. I have Lupus, so I was taking 120mg for the nerve pain. All of the nerve pain was gone ( which felt great), but I have been completely brainless since I have been on the product. After missing several bills because my brain didn't work, I called my doc to let her know that I was no longer going to take it. She wanted for me to taper off, but I didn't want any more of it. I quit taking it 4 days ago. I feel like I have the stomach flu. I am so dizzy that I can hardly drive. A little edgy. My doc wants for me to start on a different med, but I would rather be in pain than to be completely brainless. I don't intend to get on the other med. I bought a book called the Lupus Recovery Diet, and they suggested a gluten-free vegan diet. I going to do that.
I am doing a full body cleanse. I started last night, and my symptoms are not as bad as they were. This cleanse is a five day, fasting cleanse where you only eat all natural veggies, fruit, and a lot of water and take theese supplements to force all of the toxins from the medication out of my body faster. The cleanse will clean your liver, kidneys, and colon. It seems to be helping. I could finally drive today!
I have never been on drugs, but I knew that this was my body detoxing since I had the shakes, headache, cold sweats, and compete exhaustion.
I suggest that you go to your local Natural Foods store and get a cleanse, or talk to a Hollistic Health Practitioner, or an Iridologist. It really seems to help. I hope that this helps you guys. Hang in there guys, I am going through it with ya'll. I will keep you posted as to how I am doing.

#18 johnnyswildone

johnnyswildone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:45 PM

I am in my second week of cold turkey. I about cried when I found this website! It's a shame that we all have this kind of knowledge about such a terrible thing. I have found answers to questions here. Who do you ask these things except ones who have been there. Nobody else would understand, the docs don't & the drug companies sure don't. I hope these withdrawals don't last too long. I can't drive either. I already totaled my daughters JEEP, no one understood when I said I didn't feel like driving! Now they listen to me. I can't wait to get back to living my life anti-depressant free. I know there are times when we need depression help, but I wish the system would learn more about what we are prescribed. We are having to figure it out for ourselves & SUFFER!!!

#19 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

Well, if you have been off for two weeks, that is an accomplishment.

So sorry that you totaled your daughter's Jeep. That is concerning, if you are feeling a bit disoriented after the first two weeks, you really do need to see your doctor.

Suffering is not necessary. While I am now off of Cymbalta, after 6 weeks of cold turkey withdrawal, what my old doctor said to do, I had to get some help from a new doctor and I was put on a low dosage of Celexa, and I am almost weaned off of that now. It was a lifesaver for me. Some people get some relief with one dose of prozac, we are all so individual.

But if your balance is that far off still, I do recommend not toughing this out alone any longer.

#20 wabschall

wabschall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

I quit cold turkey and that's DEFINETLY NOT THE WAY TO GO! My symptoms are getting a "little" better, but not much. I was taking Cymbalta for the pain of fibromyalgia and was "forced" to go off cold turkey due to no insurance suddenly (unemployment). Anyway, I will NEVER go back on it given the withdrawals side effects! Brain zapping, volatile outburst for no reason, anxiety level so through the roof, inability to concentrate (sentences were even hard to construct!), shaking, naseau, severe headaches, "hot flashes", night sweats, rapid heart beat, dizziness and ravenous hunger and thirst and weight gain! Since I have no apparent "memory" right now and hoping that it's a side effect of withdrawals too, I think I'm going on week four of withdrawals. It's pure hell,as everyone has stated. Is there anyone out there that has gotten back to their normal selves again?

#21 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:28 PM

I am going on week 5, I think, the brain zaps are not as bad, the bionic ear is toned down.
I am severely depressed and have been the the er around 3 times in the last month.
They wanted me to check myself in and I would not. I am hoping to see a therapist tomorrow. I also left my job and Im sure it will not be there if I ever feel better again.
I am beginning to give up hope. I hate this life Im living and putting the people that love me ( I do think I have some left) through this. Good luck to you on this awful journey. It is hell.

Are you working with your doctor? You shouldn't be feeling this badly, and likely need to be on another antidepressant. (Just my non professional opinion) I am also at about the same stage you are, and while I don't feel wonderful, I am feeling fairly good. Just because Cymbalta didn't work for you, don't give up hope. Going to the ER is good, as a stop gap for those intense times, but seeing your therapist is the best thing you can be doing right now. Depression is a real illness, as I'm sure you know, and you don't have to suffer.

Please post back after your appt to update how it went, and how you are doing. You can get through this, we are here for you.

#22 nrsk1

nrsk1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:00 AM

Tried to wean off ..60/30 every other day... but that was no good, so I just stopped. horrible first week, but now it is better. I take Omega and B vitamins and my doc. gives me something to sleep on. I want my brain to function again - I think this is the best way to get it right quickly. Still sweat some and have brainzaps - am very irritable. I am going back to work today - think that will be the best remedy for me.
Someone said C. was popular in Europe, never heard of it before and here you are not allowed ads for prescription meds. It is also on my goverment's list of drugs that they monitor and watch closely.

#23 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:29 AM

nrsk1- weaning off with the every other day method does not prove to be successful for most people. Cymbalta has a short half life of about 12 hours (range 8 to 17 hours), so every other day dosing will put you into withdrawals "every other day". If you have been off for a week, you have the Cymbalta out of you.

I am hoping that you are one of the lucky ones who comes off of this with little to no problems, good luck with your work today. From your post, I am guessing that you are not in the US.

If you get to a point where you are not able to function, feel like your mind will never readjust, please see your prescriber and tell them how you are feeling. But at this point, you technically have the Cymbalta out of your system - going back on and trying to wean will give you the same results that you just went through.

Please check out this link, some people here have reported relief and success with just taking one dose of prozac to get them through the hump of the Cymbalta withdrawal:
https://www.cymbalta....php?f=15&t=146

And here is a link from a forum poster that this worked for, you can find a few other people that this worked for, but right now, I can't remember where their links are:
https://www.cymbalta...c.php?f=15&t=88

You are the one who knows your self the best and if you aren't able to function well by the end of the second week, please, don't suffer and get some help. Best of luck to you.

#24 nrsk1

nrsk1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:24 AM

Thanks for your comforting words!! Went to work today - I teach people who apply for asylum in Norway-and it went OK untill about 2 o'clock. Now I have the zipzip in my head... going for a nap... but I feel alive!

#25 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for your comforting words!! Went to work today - I teach people who apply for asylum in Norway-and it went OK untill about 2 o'clock. Now I have the zipzip in my head... going for a nap... but I feel alive!

I know exactly what you mean! Even when I was feeling my worst, I was FEELING again, and that was such an improvement. My attention span is back, and I am actually reading again. The entire time I was on Cymbalta, I seriously had a hard time keeping my interest in even reading the daily paper, or Reader's Digest. It may sound silly, but I've always been an avid reader, and that was actually a very bad sign for me.

Good Luck! I'm guessing that you are in the UK perhaps, based on your weight loss being in kg instead of lbs.

#26 johnnyswildone

johnnyswildone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

Well, I couldn't do it cold turkey! Had to go to the doc. My blood pressure was 175. So valium, prozac, & a lower dose of cymbalta for 3 days only. It is much better now. I took your advice Sarah. It got real bad, I thought my head was going to explode! Doc assured me I would get better everyday now. He said he would not have taken me off prozac before when I got sick, but would have increased the dose! Said cymbalta & effexor were bad to come off of. Having a good doc is so important. I have went to about half a dozen, before I found this guy. They all seem to just write prescriptions & don't really know anymore about the stuff than the drug rep tells them. Anyone need a great doc in tennessee!!! I have a new horse that I've never ridden when I felt well. Now I feel like I have a life to look forward to. It's a dark place to be in. I hope I'm coming out of it. This website really helps, maybe I've helped too. THANKS

#27 nrsk1

nrsk1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:43 PM

I too had to go see my dr. told him to put me on some good old Truxal - nat available there? - maybe under another name. Took one pill of 25mg. and the zipzaps were out! I am just taking them to get through the next days as I have to visit my daughter and family for some days and want to sleep through the night , if possilbe. Another remedy that worked at the time, but not the day after: a bottle of white wine... not that I think alcohol kan help in the long run - on the contrary! but I slept for 12 hours!!

#28 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:58 PM

I'm glad you found something to help with the zaps! http://en.wikipedia....Chlorprothixene This is a link that I found when googling, and it does mention that it is used sometimes to help with the anxiety of SSRI meds. Very interesting, and it looks like it has been around forever!

Based on what the link said, it may be that it was this med and not the wine that helped you sleep, as it mentions use to help with insomnia too.

I'm glad you posted an update, and enjoy your visit with your daughter and family! That should be a great natural boost!

#29 nrsk1

nrsk1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:55 AM

Had to respond : the weblink you mentioned, is a very informative one.. you can also find out about interactions.
.I was given this medicine years ago after an operation and it helped then too.It is very cheap (5$ for 100) and is often used here in places that specialise in detox from alcohol or benzas. Today 1 pill (25mg) No zips.. no headache...no shivers... just a very dry mouth! PS:at work today. Thank you for support on this page.

#30 Kimmy

Kimmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:02 PM

I haven't had any suicidal thoughts yet, thank goodness. I'm into day two with my cold turkey from Cymbalta. I have had "brain buzz", headache, dizziness and a general feeling of yuck. My doctor (not the one that gave me the Cymbalta) offered to give me a dose of Prozac for the withdrawls. She told me they would be bad ... funny the doctor that gave them to me didn't mention it at all. I declined the Prozac. One thing that I am taking that does help me is Dramamine. I took one yesterday as soon as I started feeling the effects and it actually damped them alot. So this morning, I took one before I got up stiring around. So far, it has worked for me. Oh don't get me wrong ... I'm not feeling great but I'm not having the severe symptoms ... yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users