2 replies to this topic

#1 lightenup

lightenup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:52 AM

Hello.
Thank you all for your great information! I just found this board this morning because I was needing some help!
I stopped taking my 60 mg/day dose of Cymbalta Monday, June 30, so 15 days ago. At first I felt fantastic. After a couple of days, I started having what you all are describing with feeling dizzy, brain zaps. Over the weekend, I just became so very tired, just wanted to sleep, my body was just achey. Today, my head is the worst it has been, constantly dizzy, can't seem to think straight or keep on task, feeling sort of nauseous, very emotional. I DO NOT want to start taking the Cymbalta again. After reading on this board, I called my doc, but she has no openings today and is leaving town for a month tomorrow! Out of desperation, I popped a 60 mg tablet a few minutes ago. Then I came back and read more and now I'm wondering...about how long does it take for these symptoms to go away? Is it dangerous, somehow unhealthy, or am I just dealing with feeling really gross and uncomfortable for a period of time? Do I just stick it out?
Any help and advice would be appreciated!

#2 lightenup

lightenup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:34 AM

Thank you so much!
I will go and read the nutrition posts. I understand now I will have to go through some "pain" in order to "gain" in this situation.
I'm hoping my one 60 mg today out of desperation didn't set me back!
It helps to know you are there and care! And that I'm not alone on this journey!
Again, thanks for your help!

#3 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:59 PM

I went cold turkey and ended up taking a 30 mg dose, and then began to wean from there, so I don't think you set yourself back. I didn't use Prozac or anything else either, in hindsight I wish I had, but I made it through using an Omega 3 supplement and eating lots of mini meals, like boiled eggs, sunflower sees, orange juice and toast, and tried to stay away from junk food.

I emptied the contents of a cap into a plastic bowl, and just eyeballed the granules, but health food stores do sell big bags of clear empty gel caps, so you could use those and get a better idea of just how much Cymbalta is in each one. I would lower the dose, and stay there for a couple of days, and then lower again until I got to zero.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users