Photo

Wow so this is what a drug withdrawal feels like?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 roknrol4ever

roknrol4ever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:03 AM

I had to stop taking Cymbalta cold turkey 5 days ago as I lost my job and insurance, needless to say I cant afford it. My head is sooo dizzy.. I just want to know how long before these horrible feelings ie: dizziness, etc will be here? How long until this gets completely out of my system? I have never experienced such a horrible feeling and I am trapped as I cannot afford the medication to start retaking...is there anything I can do to relieve these feelings? I am taking xanax and it relieves the frustration..but I am just so lightheaded..I am positive I can survive without Cymbalta just want to feel normal.

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

roknrol4ever:

First, welcome back to the forum. And I am so sorry you have to go through this. I am sorry about your job and insurance. This is a really stressful time for all of us.

Now for your question about how long. You are gonna' hate me, but it will take how long it takes. (Nice circular speech huh.) Based on what I know, what I experienced, and what I have read others have experienced, the actual drug will be out of your system very soon. Though you may not feel well after the actual chemical is gone. Some of us take so much longer to 'balance' our brain functions. Ergo the brain zaps, nausea, dizziness, vertigo, diarrhea and tummy/digestion issues, sweating, chills, anxiety, emotional swings, aching muscles and joints and so on..... The good news, not everyone gets every withdrawal symptom listed on this forum and not everyone suffers for long.

Many people have found relief in diet and nutrition and supplements. Others have found a 'bridge' dose of prozac helps shorten and lessen the withdrawal symptoms. When you have a chance, read the many forum threads here about other people's experiences; successes, struggles and coping skills. You will find many speak of making sure they get lots of rest, limit stressful occurrences, increasing water intake and limiting caffeine and alcohol consumption, omega 3's, b complex, and many other useful tips.

Hang in there, post often and know you have many people who are concerned about you.

Best of wishes....Houdi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users