• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 natboo

natboo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:
    I quit cymbalta cold turkey on Sunday, August 30th. I have had 2 2nd trimester miscarriages since April of this year. I am concerned that taking cymbalta while pregnant may have attributed to these losses.

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:09 AM

So far, this is my best day yet. I do have a bit of digestive issues, but I'm prone to that anyway. I am having some ear pain, not sure if that is related. Quick movements of the head are still enough to make me feel like I may pass out or puke from the dizziness. I really think I'm going to make it through this.

~Natalie

#2 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Zoloft for 6mon. and Cymbalta for almost 1 year. I want to get off Cymbalta the Dr. put me on it for my panic attacks wouldn't stop happening, so the Dr. put me on Zoloft I had bad!!! Side effects on Zoloft, so the Dr. switched me to Cymbalta I haven't had any bad panic attacks since I have been on the drug just maybe 2 or 3 since it's going on 1 year already, to make the long story short! I want off of this meds I have noooo feeling or emotion...only usually during my menestrual cycle and that's usually when my panic and anxiety erupts. Anyway, I want off this med's and back to the life that i use to have a fun life not having to worry when to take a pill, or if i'm gong to have a next panic attack. I only hope and pray to God. once off this drug I wont go back to myself when I had bad panic attacks! what do you think?? do you think once off this drug i will have them again?? Anyway, I want my life back basicly....... Cecile

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:01 PM

WOW I'm surprised your here and writing to us if your on day 5, that should be hard. but keep up the good work girl youll get there!! God Bless.

#3 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:45 AM

Natboo, a lot of people say fish oil is good for the brain zaps. I didn't have any but then I take fish oil!!!

#4 looking4support

looking4support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    support while coming off cymbalta

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:02 AM

wow, your posts give me hope!
since i registered a few days ago, i've only taken 2 60mg tablets that i opened & poured out at least 1/2 of the granules.
i do seem to get vertigo a bit. but, i almost feel as though i'm drunk when my dose wears off. it's almost like i'm hyper or something. i talk 90 miles a minute. and i seem extremely forgetful lately. Anyone else have that problem? haha my worst symptom which has brought me back to the board today is the waves of abdominal pain. UGH. it hurts & has brought me out of my sleep multiple times. wonder if ibuprofen would help? so, i'm off to hunt for help in regards to that. very thankful for your posts..they are very encouraging!

#5 WhiteAngel

WhiteAngel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta 120 mg/day for over 4 years. Due to insurance people dragging their feet, I have been abruptly cut off from my medications. I can't stay awake! My abdomen hurts all the time and I was wondering if it could be the withdrawal, if it'll get better, etc.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:52 AM

I think this is my fifth day of cold turkey withdrawal, too, from 120 mg/day for over 4 years, due to insurance incompetency. I've been falling asleep everywhere! Can't get going in the morning and feel like a lazy bum because I'm still in my pjs at 2 p.m. Good thing I can't work anyway. I've been having horrible stomach cramps and pain between times. I'm slightly off-balance and am very clumsy these past few days. I'm depressed until i MAKE myself get dressed and go out and DO something. Although I don't feel like it, I make myself see friends and attend functions. That seems to help. I also break out in brief sweats and have mild headaches from time to time. This started happening only recently, too. Is it all the Cymbalta withdrawal? It hasn't felt life-threatening, so if it doesn't get worse, I'll probably be okay, but I'd like it to get better! I'm hopeful.

#6 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:21 AM

WhiteAngel:

You went from 120 mg to zero? Wow! Be careful, there is a small chance you will feel depressed or have feelings of suicide, per the drug company. If you feel at all like you may want to harm yourself, please call 911. K?

If you read through the posts here, you will find that what you are feeling can be from the Cymbalta withdrawal. Good for you to get out and do things. If you need anything, all of us forum friends are here for you......Best to you...Houdi

#7 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

For you guys who are having abdo pain.. trust me IT WILL PASS!!!

On Day 4 I got moderate-severe upper abdo pain (I have a high threshold to pain too) and went to see my GP. He agreed that it could be withdrawal but we got it checked out. I had an upper abdo scan, blood tests, a gastroscopy and a colonoscopy. By the time I got to the colonoscopy, the pain had gone anyway. None of the tests showed anything so I can now be sure it was withdrawal.

I wish I could give you guys tips on natural supports but I didn't find any! What I did do was to eat very very light and gradually increase my fibre as the pain gradually subsided.

Hope that helps

#8 WhiteAngel

WhiteAngel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta 120 mg/day for over 4 years. Due to insurance people dragging their feet, I have been abruptly cut off from my medications. I can't stay awake! My abdomen hurts all the time and I was wondering if it could be the withdrawal, if it'll get better, etc.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:28 PM

Houdi,
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It's a relief to know there ARE people who know what I'm experiencing, and who care enough to offer support to a 'stranger'. Today, a couple of times, I began to cry about things I had had handled before, so I'll keep your suggestion in mind; if I start to feel seriously like hurting myself, I'll call 911.

Junior,
Thank you for the reassurance that the abdominal pain will subside. Can't wait for that!

I'm taking a lot of supplements, some recommended by my chiropractor, and I think they may be helping me, too. Another thing that may help is that I've fallen in love! He doesn't know it yet, but the thought of him and the fantasies probably keep my adrenalin up enough to counteract some of the withdrawal. I don't know, I'm just guessing. In any case, I highly recommend it.

#9 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

The crying may also just be a 'normal' withdrawal side effect. I was very much like that for the first... I'm not sure now.. week or so. It too shall pass :)

As far as the falling in love.. don't think there's much chance of that. Hubby and I have been married for nearly 25 years :-p

#10 Jaayna

Jaayna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to know if what I am experieucing is related to Cymbalta and if so, how long it lasts.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

I have taken 60 mg. if Cymbalta daily for at least four years, maybe longer. It’s day 6-7 of Cold Turkey. What I need to know might be posted, but I can't find it.

When do the waterworks subside? Over the last couple of years, I had begun to question if I had any sensitivity or emotionality left in me. Since I have been off the Cymbalta, I can't stop crying; and life has become a little like watching a very sad movie that tugs at heart at every turn. I cry about anything and everything that is the slightest bit inspirational, loving or tender. The odd thing it is really only good stuff that makes me cry. When you cry at every turn, you lose your credibility. It is getting embarrassing and I want it to stop.

For a few days, I was very short tempered and just this side of ruthless. I seemed to have no tolerance for even the slightest frustration. At this point, I can’t tell if my bad attitude is better, or if I have just driven everyone away.
I was taking the Cymbalta for pain relief. I am hurting like crazy. Has anyone found what else will work for relief with pain associated with fibromyalgia?

#11 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Zoloft for 6mon. and Cymbalta for almost 1 year. I want to get off Cymbalta the Dr. put me on it for my panic attacks wouldn't stop happening, so the Dr. put me on Zoloft I had bad!!! Side effects on Zoloft, so the Dr. switched me to Cymbalta I haven't had any bad panic attacks since I have been on the drug just maybe 2 or 3 since it's going on 1 year already, to make the long story short! I want off of this meds I have noooo feeling or emotion...only usually during my menestrual cycle and that's usually when my panic and anxiety erupts. Anyway, I want off this med's and back to the life that i use to have a fun life not having to worry when to take a pill, or if i'm gong to have a next panic attack. I only hope and pray to God. once off this drug I wont go back to myself when I had bad panic attacks! what do you think?? do you think once off this drug i will have them again?? Anyway, I want my life back basicly....... Cecile

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:12 PM

WOW natalie!! I can't believe you went cold turkey..I tried and couldn't handle untill the 4th day then that's when i decided to wean myself off by the Dr. good luck and your a brave soul...God Bless you.

#12 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:31 AM

Jaayna,

I hear what you're saying about the crying, although mine was for pretty much no reason. Things that SHOULD have left me upset left me stone cold - bizarre.

Going cold turkey is pretty damned hard - don't think I could do it, but there's a fair bit of info here from those who have, and what they found useful. Seems everyone's so different in what they can tolerate depending on their body, their personal circumstances and other drugs they're on.

Perhaps you could keep a daily journal of the symptoms; sometimes it's only looking back that we can see there's an improvement. ??

kind regards, Maureen.

#13 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

Dearest WhiteAngel:

There are no strangers here. We are all connected in a very special way.

Crying is so common among us as we withdraw. Crying for all kinds of reasons; happy, sad, hungry :) Seriously, the crying lasted about a week or so for me. I don't know that I am 'common' or 'usual', but just my experience. You may start feeling other emotional extremes. Laughing at inappropriate times or at least with inappropriate intensity sometimes comes with the crying. I found it kind of fun, as I had the inappropriate intensity and was with my family.

I get a little concerned with abdominal pain and worry withdrawal forum members tolerating it for too long. Obviously there are some really critical issues with severe abdominal and intestinal pain. Be very careful.

Now falling in love is just terrific! There is nothing better than LOVE! Woo Hoo!!!!

Houdi

#14 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

Jaayna:

I am so sorry about the withdrawal and FM pain. I too am a fibromyalgia sufferer that was given Cymbalta for relief. Didn't do a damn thing for me and I decided to stop cold turkey; not recommended for me. My longest withdrawal symptom was aching and swelling in my hands and feet.

I have found that Physical Therapy is best for me. I have tried all kinds of things, but PT works best and is the cheapest. Lately I've added the supplement potassium/magnisium at night to try to help with the tight muscles. Turmeric in the am for anti-inflammatory properties. I do have prescription pain, muscles relaxants, and antiseizure meds for really tough times. I'm really careful with these meds.

Talk soon.....Houdi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users