• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BearJear

BearJear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:26 PM

Gosh.. I've been having such a hard time.. been off now totally for about 2 and a half weeks. Physical symptoms are getting a little better with time, but emotionally i am a wreck. I haven't had much luck with the Dr.s Mine is on med leave and wont be back until sometime in april.. (but she's a wacko anyway) but i've been trying to get help from all sorts of dr.s and have had little luck getting an appointment or even a dr. to take me on as a patient. I've been pretty much stranded with a mother who just gets fed up and yells or acts sarcastic, which only makes it worse for me because i'm in such a phase of raging anger. And my feeling for pretty much anything at all have not returned. I've had about two good days in the past two weeks.. and they seem to come in no order at all. Its so random.. just one day i felt pretty ok.. like it was gunna be alright, and now i'm back to insaneness. Then a few days ago.. i had a day where i finally felt like i was getting better, but again.. i relapsed. I dont know whats going on.. Is this normal? anyone else have these patterns of up days and down days. Most of the time i get so tired of my brain acting up and making me feel so anxious and upset that i just want to go to sleep and not wake up until everything is back to normal.. but then again... (i suffer depression so i dont really know if i'll ever feel normal.. or know when everything is ok..) Its been suggested that i go on another medication but i dont want to feel numbed out.. like i have with cymbalta or zoloft.. Any advice?? and as for my boyfriend.. i dont know how i feel.. i used to be so in love... but after being on cymbalta for so long.. i just lost feelings of love for anyone.. even myself. and now my brains just so confused.. i dont know what i need/want/feel/think. anything really. any advice/support/suggestions would be greatt!!!
Thanks everyone, for being there.

#2 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:40 PM

Geographically where are you? Are you far from available doctors?

All I can offer for help is my personal experience, and I do understand that you don't want to take anything to feel better. My new doctor(s) assure me, if you have done withdrawal and it is going to be a success, you should be feeling better the first week and the second. If not, it could possibly be that your brain chemistry is not going to readjust on it's own. Cymbalta is a very powerful drug. My suffering ended at day 45 when I went to another doctor and was put on Celexa 20 mg. After one week, down to 10 mg. We go down to 5 next week. Each drop in dose is not painful or scary. And we are hoping to have me off of this in the next few weeks. I am functioning as a human being. This may not be the right thing for you, but I can tell you, 45 days with only a few good ones does make you feel like you have lost your mind.

I am posting this link that has several options for making antidepressant withdrawal a little more tolerable.
http://depression.ab.../withdrawal.htm

I hope this helps. I had to make several calls to find somebody to take me on. Many people here had some success with just taking one Prozac. I do understand completely not wanting to take anything, I did not either and suffered needlessly. This might not be the route you have to go, but if you have only had two good days, keep calling other docs. Tell them your story, ask them, if you aren't taking patients, then who they would recommend you call. There is help out there.

#3 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:58 PM

Jeri, I have had that same thing; really good days, then wham, back to feeling icky again. I'm wondering how much hormones may play a part for me, as it is that time of the month, and the last few days have been up and down.

Did you try asking a school counselor for a referral? Do any of your hospitals have a "nurse on call" program, or something like that? You need someone to help you with getting in to see someone. What about a walk in clinic? My daugher actually found her current primary doctor by going to one of the weekend clinics, and really likes him. Those are just a few things I could think of off of the top of my head.

Have you tried sitting your Mom down and telling her that you need to see another doctor? If most of your conversations have been when you were both feeling emotional, she may not realize to what degree you are suffering right now.

I hope something we have offered you helps, and if worse comes to worse, take yourself to the ER and tell them how you are feeling. Just don't let it go and make yourself suffer when you be getting more comfortable. If I'm still having the big ups and downs by next week, I'm going to call my doctor.

Take care hon!

#4 BearJear

BearJear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:23 PM

This morning my mom threatened to take me to the local mental institution. I was furious, simply because i haven't even seen a psychiatrist yet. I haven't gotten any medication yet, i haven't tried anything to help. I think that i am simply suffering from withdrawal and the depression is returning again, so its hard to distinguish between the two problems. I need to be put on something for the depression, something different that wont give me the (lack of sexual feelings/emotional feelings at all) side effects. I'm thinking wellbutrin would be a good option for me, but I'm open to other suggestions as well. I just got so angry when my mom threatened me like that, especially because her main reason was to get me away from my boyfriend (who has been a source of anxiety for me, even though he's perfect, great guy, supportive of all i'm going through and everything) but my mom wants me to get away from him so she figured that would be the only way in her physical control to remove me from him. That made me so angry. I couldn't believe she would even say that. She knows that I am very aware of all that I am going through and everything i am feeling and that if i felt i needed to be taken somewhere i would tell her without hesitation. She knows that, so to use that as a threat really turned me off to the idea, even if it were an option i otherwise decided on my own. (i'm not sure if that makes sense??) But basically i wouldn't be opposed to "checking in" if needed, but only on my own will, not hers. I thought that was really a dumb thing to bring up as i was getting ready for school on monday morning.. but anyway. I'm not feeling much better. but i think it may simply be the depression returning now, because its more just unmotivated, irritability and less severe mood swings and physical symptoms. I'm not sure if i'm even reading my feelings correctly or not.. but thats my interpretation of everything thats going on.. i guess its close to day 20 for me of no cymbalta.. its been hard. i'm trying so hard to see the way out.. but its rough. I finally have an appointment with a substitute dr. (mines on med leave) and should be in within the next two days. I hope i figure something out. I hope i can get better soon. My family and boyfriend and most of all I have had almost all of this we can take. :oops:

#5 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:02 PM

Hon, I'm sorry it is so rough right now! Are you SURE that she suggested inpatient only because of your BF? I ask only because with withdrawal, maybe you are not seeing things as clearly as you think you are. That is why I told my family to keep an eye on me, to make sure I was using good judgement, because I knew there was a risk that I may not. Just something to consider, and above all else, don't be stubborn; if you think you should be inpatient, don't reject the idea because you are mad at your Mom; first and foremost, you have to take care of YOU! Can you call and try to accelerate the appt with the other doctor? It sounds like you should be seen soon, and that taking something else to relieve your withdrawal needs to happen sooner than later.

Please keep me updated.

#6 bluelion

bluelion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationnew york, new york

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:34 PM

Hey, i just found this site today. I've had my ups and downs with all kinda of medications. I just stopped taking cymbalta, i'm on day 4. And i know medications affect people differently, and all that. But this is what has helped me a lot. Meditation. Sounds kinda new age and bullshit, but it works for me. please email me for more info (blueliontears@yahoo.com)i practice buddhism and through meditation and the practice i've managed to find peace. and bedsides that welbutrin really helped. That was the first medication i was on . i remember that first week i was on it i felt like i was a normal person. i was stunned that i felt so normal. i didn't know that i felt so "un-normal" right now.

#7 lucy

lucy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:09 AM

HI BEARJEAR
MY NAME IS LUCY.
I WILL TELL YOU RIGHT NOW WHAT YOUR FEELING IS NORMAL. I"M NOT TELLING YOU THIS TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER, IT'S THE TRUTH! EVERYTHING AND EVERY ONE WILL GET ON YOUR NERVES. THE BEST THERAPY ARE THESE BLOGS BECAUSE YOUR TALKINGTO PEOPLE WHO ARE EXPIERIENCEING THE SAME SIDE EFFECTS.
SO BE PROUD OF YOURSELF FOR HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
AS FAR AS YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND IS CONCERNED, IF HE'S SUPPORTIVE THAN YOUR LUCKY, IF HE'S NOT, ITS BEST THAT YOU MAYBE TAKE A BREAK BECAUSE RIGHT NOW YOUR NOT IN THE STATE OF MIND TO PUT UP WITH ANY SHIT. IT SHOULD BE ALL ABOUT YOU RIGHT NOW. THE FIRST 3 WEEKS ARE PROBALLY GOING TO BE THE WORST.
TODAY I'M GOING ON DAY 12TH OR 13TH YOUR NOT ALONE.
GOOD LUCK!
KEEP US ALL POSTED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users