• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 superanabanana

superanabanana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:26 PM

So I've been off my cymbalta for 4 days now. My face and head feels odd. It's like a light burning sensation. And I can't stop eating. I'll eat a meal, and then 30 minutes later I feel like I haven't eaten in days. I haven't read anything about that from other peoples posts and I'm kind of concerned. My dad is cutting down his dosage by breaking open the pill and counting out the beads so that he slowly takes less and less. I didn't think that I would have a problem going off it since I wasn't on it for as long as him. I was only on Cymbalta for 2 and a half months. But every day I feel a little worse. Has anyone else had these sensations??

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:45 PM

Yes, I want to eat all the time, and then I feel miserably full afterwards. I know I've gained about 6 lbs in the last few weeks, and it is awful. The odd thing is, having food in my stomach seems to help with the other brain issues, like the dizziness and brain zaps.

Even though you weren't on it long, stopping cold turkey is not the best way to go, the way your Dad is doing it is best. Is your doctor working with you to wean? How bad are your withdrawal effects? Please understand that they can continue to fluctuate for awhile, so you want to try to be as comfortable as you can. I'm on day 13 at zero, after tapering, and I'm still feeling the brain zaps and dizziness.

#3 coco12

coco12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:24 AM

I have the same hunger. It seems like food is on my mind constantly.

#4 superanabanana

superanabanana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:01 PM

My doctor isn't working with me to quit the Cymbalta but my parents are helping me with it. I started to take 2 Omega 3s a day and that seems to be helping me a little.

#5 basketballmom

basketballmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:50 AM

I just found this site tonight and I'm so glad I did. As I read through different posts, I'm learning about withdrawal effects that I didn't even realize were associated with Cymbalta!! Your comments about being hungry all the time hit home. I have noticed that I have gained quite a bit of weight since I started on the Cymbalta and like you, I was only on it for a short time (3 months). I thought it was an age thing...I just turned 39...but apparently it's drug-related. Thanks for sharing b/c now I feel like I'll be able to deal with getting rid of the weight after my body detoxes from this horrible drug.

#6 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorthern California - East Bay

Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

You mentioned Omega3.

I am taking 2 tabs of Omega3 twice a day, in the AM and then at Noon. You might want to try adding some other support like B Complex and some Green barley or Wheatgrass etc.

Try having a glass of water with a half of fresh lemon squeezed for a lemon, not concentrate and some Maple syrup and a dash of Cayenne pepper. This has helped me fight off the hunger issue. It is the drink from "The Master Cleanse", it works as just a refreshing drink, a lemonade and is very filling and kicks the craving urge in the butt!

#7 nancyweNW

nancyweNW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

Glad to see this post. I've been eating like there's no tomorrow! I have no idea how much I've gained and right now, not worried about that. I'm one week into withdrawal and yes, it is hell.

#8 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:50 PM

I again will mention that I think the super Omega has helped me tremendously!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users