#1 Dove

Dove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am in hell from the Cymbalta nightmare

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:00 AM

:( I am living in hell, going off Cymbalta for the first time in two years. I am unemployed and have no health insurance. I am tired of all the disbelief and bullshit I have to go through at a low income health clinic just to get my much needed Cymbalta. They get grants and free samples to give to patients, however I am white/educated/young and this clinic caters to low income minorities. Any ways, tired of fighting....so now I am fighting the curse of the Cymbalta withdrawl symptoms. Brain zapps every hour, pain and throbbing behind my eyes, heavy period, migraines, loss of energy, lala land feeling and suicidal thoughts. F-u Lilly for making this medication.....at least they could make a weaning packet so people don't go rabid in packs trying to get off their toxic pills or drop like flies from skyscrapers.

Ok people, so you can see I need some help.....Went from 90 mg to 60mg to 30mg in two weeks. I haven't had any Cymablta the last three days and am definitely feeling it!! Any suggestions??? Can I split my reaming 30 mg pills in half? What are the beads inside as far as mg sizes? I have 15 (30 mg) pills. Help me Please!!!! :( :( :(

#2 Ms_M

Ms_M

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am currently going through withdrawals.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

I so feel your pain with not having insurance. It definitely seems the government medical system in the US is not friendly to all.

Check the forum "What Are You Feeling?". There are TONS of suggestions about weaning off Cymbalta and how to deal with the w/d symptoms. I hope this helps!

#3 Red3000

Red3000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am going to wean myself off Cymbalta starting today.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:47 PM

Yeah I lost my job and health insurance so I know what you mean. This chart is from this forum

60mg=540beads
30mg=270beads
15mg=135beads
10mg=90beads
5mg=45beads
1mg=9beads

Although I just counted my 60mg capsule and I have approx 200 beads. So there r differences out there. (Not sure how since this drug is not generic.) Any info about that would be appreciated since I just found out this morning that my capsule doesn't match the others in this forum.

From reading these posts I found I could open the pill and divide the beads. I put them in one half of the capsule and stuff the end with bread.
They say that the drop from 30mg to 0mg is the worse and you really need to taper off and not to go cold turkey. Is there any way you could get more samples from your Dr? That is what I am having to do now. You are correct the drug companies leave tons of free samples. They should be able to spare some.

#4 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

Yeah I lost my job and health insurance so I know what you mean. This chart is from this forum

60mg=540beads
30mg=270beads
15mg=135beads
10mg=90beads
5mg=45beads
1mg=9beads

Although I just counted my 60mg capsule and I have approx 200 beads. So there r differences out there. (Not sure how since this drug is not generic.) Any info about that would be appreciated since I just found out this morning that my capsule doesn't match the others in this forum.

From reading these posts I found I could open the pill and divide the beads. I put them in one half of the capsule and stuff the end with bread.
They say that the drop from 30mg to 0mg is the worse and you really need to taper off and not to go cold turkey. Is there any way you could get more samples from your Dr? That is what I am having to do now. You are correct the drug companies leave tons of free samples. They should be able to spare some.

Hi Red,

the vast majority of people have the standard formulation, but there is another type out there and someone posted recently about it.

Have a look at the posts from the last few weeks and you should find it, or use the search function.

regards, Maureen.

#5 Dove

Dove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:09 PM

Thanks Maureen for the mg formulation..... Hope it works for me :unsure:

#6 Dove

Dove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

I so feel your pain with not having insurance. It definitely seems the government medical system in the US is not friendly to all.

Check the forum "What Are You Feeling?". There are TONS of suggestions about weaning off Cymbalta and how to deal with the w/d symptoms. I hope this helps!

Thanks, I did some reading. I hope it works :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users