• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sick

Sick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I missed 2 days of Cymbalta and I am so sick and don't know what to do.

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:47 PM

I've been on 40 mg of Cymbalta for 10-12 years. I ordered my long term rx but it didn't come in time, I even had my doc call in a week rx to a local pharmacy. It cost me an arm and a leg and I still ended missing my last 2 doses. Today is my third day of missed doses and I am so sick. I barely slept at all last night, and when I did I had horrible dreams. I am sweaty and having hot and cold flashes. I'm nauseous and light headed. I have a horrible headache and I'm scared. It feels like the worst hangover I've ever had. I've been taking pepcid and started Dramamine and fish oil this morning.

I know that starting the meds up again might help, but when I've missed doses before (never more than once)I get just as sick the next few days of full dose anyway. Reading through this forum has me terrified that even if I start meds up again, just to taper them off, I could be sick for weeks or months. I don't know what to do. I left a message for my doctor to call me, but I'm afraid he's just going to tell me to start everything back up again, and if this drug is doing this to my body, I can't imagine that it's a healthy drug to be on. What do I do? How can I feel better?

#2 watchdog

watchdog

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • why_joining:
    Will be helping my wife detox from cymbalta.

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:56 PM

I've been on 40 mg of Cymbalta for 10-12 years. I ordered my long term rx but it didn't come in time, I even had my doc call in a week rx to a local pharmacy. It cost me an arm and a leg and I still ended missing my last 2 doses. Today is my third day of missed doses and I am so sick. I barely slept at all last night, and when I did I had horrible dreams. I am sweaty and having hot and cold flashes. I'm nauseous and light headed. I have a horrible headache and I'm scared. It feels like the worst hangover I've ever had. I've been taking pepcid and started Dramamine and fish oil this morning.

I know that starting the meds up again might help, but when I've missed doses before (never more than once)I get just as sick the next few days of full dose anyway. Reading through this forum has me terrified that even if I start meds up again, just to taper them off, I could be sick for weeks or months. I don't know what to do. I left a message for my doctor to call me, but I'm afraid he's just going to tell me to start everything back up again, and if this drug is doing this to my body, I can't imagine that it's a healthy drug to be on. What do I do? How can I feel better?

Sick-

Check the website closely..... there are lots of people going through the same ordeal as you are. My wife is undergoing cymbalta detox as we speak (her story in follow the yellow brick road). I don't recommend stopping cymbalta cold turkey. Have not seen any good postings from people who have attempted this. I am not a doctor, so be sure to check with an MD prior to starting any regimen. I have been quite involved with my wife's cymbalta issues (two years) at 60, then 90mg. She has been detoxing slowly for the last 3 months, dropping 10mg every two weeks. Your body/brain needs time to adjust to the lower dosage. Everyone is "wired" a little differently, so what works for some, may not work for all. Briefly, my wife drinks lot of water and green Gatorade, 1000mg omega3 fish oil, 1000mg flaxseed oil, and makes the 10mg dosage drops every two weeks (more or less). For the nausea, she takes Zofran, it's worked wonders. Occasionally she will take some Toradol for body aches (when they become elevated). So far this has worked pretty well. Please read through some of the posts from fellow cymbalta users.... it will give you a better start on dealing with this. There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel.

Hang in there, you are not alone.

Watchdog

#3 Elaine

Elaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want off CYMBALTA yesterday but am doing a slow withdraw

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

I have been following a program for tapering off antidepressants called Point of Return- www.pointofreturn.com
I have had only a slight bit of anxiety mostly due to family difficulties and a few headaches. I am now down to 20% of my original 60mg. so I guess I am at about 12 mg. I have been opening the capsules and weighing them to lower my dose. I really anticipated it being so much worse but it has not been bad at all. I would strongly recommend you contact them and discuss your situation and decide if it might help you. No cost to discuss it with them and I must say there was no pressure tactics. In fact the co-founder of point of return said I might want to try another company that was closer to me that I had mentioned. In the end though I went with them because of the outstanding responses when I would call and ask a question etc.
Please give their website a look anyhow.
www.pointofreturn.com

Best Wishes,
Elaine

#4 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

You have been on cymbalta for 12 years???? I thought cymbalta was launched in 2004

#5 mmd

mmd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • why_joining:
    to get feedback,to learn what others have experienced,not necessarily in that order

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:26 PM

you have been on cymbalta for 12 yrs ?? i am not wanting to doubt you. i am under the understanding cymbalta came on the scene in 2004 or 05.
was the 12 a typo?
i am curious to know because i wonder if cymbalta was under the wire for some years before it became available to all of us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users