#1 Michelle Hinton

Michelle Hinton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • why_joining:
    need support coming off this drug

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

i took tramadol for migraine. it made me so sick, as if i havent been sick enough.
i quit cym. 3 weeks ago cold turkey, still having withdrawal symptoms. mainly, extreme muscle weakness, migraine, hallucinations. (brain zaps have stopped pretty much THANK GOD)

the tramadol made the hallucinations 10 times worse! it was very scary for me last night. i had taken tramadol a few years ago for migraine and it never happened then. of course that was pre-cymbalta.
i read that tramadol produces serotonin, and interferes with norepinephrenine (cant remember how, but when i read it, it all made sense to me)

JUST WANTED TO WARN EVERYONE!!

#2 Brit

Brit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    Doctor has given me prescription for Cymbalta

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

I was given Tramadol for pain (fibromyalgia) and yes it worked but then you needed a bigger dose and so on. I quit cold turkey because I did not want to keep getting a larger dose.

After quitting I was in agonizing pain, could not even blink without my whole body being in pain.

I told the Doctor that I did not want to take it anymore and she said well that is all she was going to subscribe. Needless to say I do not see her anymore.

True Tramadol is not a narcotic it is worse.

#3 KeranWills

KeranWills

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Location5825 Glenridge Drive Bldg 3, Ste 101, Atlanta, GA
  • why_joining:
    want to know more about cymbalta.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:17 AM

Tramadol medication cause nausea and vomiting.It gives weakness and dizziness.It even cause insomnia in which the patient has difficulty in falling asleep.

#4 mammakim

mammakim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

I take tramadol for chronic pain everyday. I have no problems other than it doesn't really work that great 4 me. I have also learned that it 2 is additive. This is just great cymbalta an tramadol both. But at this point in my life it beats being dead which is where I was headed I am sure of it.

#5 autimom4ever

autimom4ever

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Just FYI to all:

Tramadol is a "sister" to all the SSNRI's. So if you are trying to wean off of cymbalta, Tramdol is just another SSNRI (with an opiod content) which will keep the wean from continuing

Good luck....

#6 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

Good to know about Tramadol, My dr also gave me tramadol with the cymbalta, man this gets worse and worse with the medical profession. I had to take it post surgery. I was on it for 4mths then went off it , i was using 1/2 a pill at bedtime for the fibro pain in my legs which turns out it was the cymbalta causing it.

#7 Guest_crushynn_*

Guest_crushynn_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

These reports are all very helpful. I was started on Tramadol (as Ultracet) at the same time I started Cymbalta. I asked the doctor about the interaction warnings but he just blew it off & said he'd never seen any problem. Neither has worked very well for pain which seems to be too high a price to pay for the withdrawal effects I am experiencing now. I am about a week & a half away from being off Cymbalta completely but still need to take Tramadol everyday. Neither of my doctor's seem to care. I'm continuing with my supplements. I can't help but think these drug mess with chemicals we shouldn't be messing with.

#8 sarahnz

sarahnz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

Thank you for this post. I have to confirm what you have said - Do not take tramadol!! (personal experience).

Thank you for spreading the word and sharing your experience to help others.

#9 buntbean2

buntbean2

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    Help with going off Cymbalta

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

I was on tramadol for about 6 years.  Didn't do any good for my pain.  If I took one now I'd feel like I had WAY too much caffeine and nauseous.  But, that's me.  Percocet...now that left me violently ill with horrific hallucinations.  I know people that pop them like candy.  Another example of how different we all react.  I think that's an important concept for people to understand.  What's a miracle for one person could be someone else's hell.

#10 ThisBetterPass

ThisBetterPass

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta is like my biochemistry's stalker and can't take a clue.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

I was just prescribed Tramadol for breakthrough pain that OTC ibuprofen or Tylenol doesn't touch.  It's for pain related to an skin infection.  I didn't take any of the Tramadol, thank God.  

Western medicine is good only up to a certain point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users