• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 1sickpuppy

1sickpuppy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:18 AM

I have almost weened off, only 3 more days of 3mg to go!

I have a lot of empty capsules, and 8 full ones still in original packaging.
What should I do with those?

#2 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:53 AM

I am so glad that somebody mentioned not flushing the leftover meds down the toilet.
While that seems like an appropriate end to these medicines, it gets into the watersheds, earth and well, everything.

My father worked at a wastewater (sewage) treatment plant all of his life. They take wastewater and turn it back into drinking water.

Sorry to gross anybody out, but unless you have a well on your property, your water is recycled - ditto for "spring" or bottled water. Some bottled water is just tap water.

Thanks for the idea of taking it to the pharmacy to get rid of the stuff.

#3 1sickpuppy

1sickpuppy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:55 AM

I would never flush any medication down the toilet!

I thought, maybe someone here needs a few spares, I don't mind sending them.
There's only 8 capsules but this could just be what someone needs who is weening off and can't get any new ones.

#4 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:22 AM

I would never flush any medication down the toilet!

I thought, maybe someone here needs a few spares, I don't mind sending them.
There's only 8 capsules but this could just be what someone needs who is weening off and can't get any new ones.

That is really kind of you. Be careful with that though, I know you live in another country and it isn't legal to send your meds - and it isn't legal in the US either. Cymbalta withdrawal already made you feel crappy - and jail time for being a kind person, well, that would be the icing on the cake! I didn't mean that you were going to flush the cymbarfa - you are a survivor with a good head on your shoulders! And I am so glad you are having improvement!

In some of the past posts, many people flushed their Cymbalta, I even saw a video on you tube where a woman made a videotape of flushing the stuff. Trying to always be nice, I never wanted to be bossy and tell them to STOP flushing their drugs. There was even a news report a few weeks ago about the amount of residual drugs found in the US public water systems.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, my father worked at a wastewater treatment plant. I used to go to work with him when I was a child and you could see all sorts of stuff that people flushed, drugs (legal and illegal), toothbrushes (?) and money (some of it in bags, probably from drug busts). My dad wasn't proud, when he saw the money, as gross as it sounds - he would grab it. Still spends the same! Now that is a "crappy" money story!

Sorry, my weird sense of humor is back now. ;) :P
Day 110 off of Cymbalta - 26 days off of the other anti I had to take to get over the Cymbalta
No more antidepressants for me!

#5 justintime

justintime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:14 PM

I want to have a party when I finally get through this withdrawal. Course only one person I know (including my friends and family) understands what's going on. So it'll be a small ceremony of dumping the nearly full bottle of C. into coffee grounds (my pharmacy does not recycle - I asked) and sealing them in several plastic baggies so C. is entombed forever and ever.... :D

#6 1sickpuppy

1sickpuppy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:43 AM

I was dumping mine in empty capsules! I opened the caps anyway because they are gelatine and I am a vegan.

#7 dithered

dithered

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:30 PM

I've got a bottle with 28 60mg cymbalta. I'm wondering if I take them to my doctor if he can dole them out, or if not, dump them in their medical waste for proper disposal. There is probably some law that prevents dispensing capsules from an opened bottle. Too bad, cause this crap is expensive. Then again, it's akin to sharing the last of the jug of hemlock that almost killed you.

#8 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

Looking at the previous posts here, it would seem 2008 was the latest. I am very hesitant about throwing this evil crap away, as it will land square in the water we drink. If you don't believe that I am sorry but it is a fact.

Hospitals (well most as this is relatively new) must put their Coumadin and all blood thinning drugs in one locked bin, BP type meds another and so on. I think there are four. What did we do b/4 we knew better?: let the bags of heparin etc. drain in the sink or throw in biohazard container where it is burned into the air we breath. Fact.

I think Eli Lilly should take responsibility here and take the unused portions and seal them off for a million years! I am kidding about this part! However they should have a wee bit of social accountability. I would call them but being that I am in the < 2 weeks cold turkey stage, I best not! :D :lol:

#9 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

Put it in your doc's coffee....

#10 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

Ah hahahaha!! Love it FiveNotions! :)  That made me laugh and hard!!!

#11 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Seriously however...Fishinghat posted info about our water and the traces of these drugs that are present in it....check the "cymbalta in the news" forum, I think.....I have a bottle of the 60 mg generic...made in India....I'm going to glue the cap shut with super glue, add a label that says poison ...and keep it in my kitchen cabinet where I can see it and be forever reminded of what not to ever do again!

#12 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

FiveNotions what a GREAT idea. I am going to borrow it-hope you don't mind. ;) Today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users