#1 Greg

Greg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Share experiences

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

OK. Long story short. I've been reading some of these stories and I guess I'm lucky, to a point anyway.

Suffering depression after being medically retired 5 years ago due to degenerative back disease. I've been on a cocktail of pain killers, nerve management and AD's. At times hypertension meds as well. Have been on up to 120mg Oxycontin CR plus Endone each day. I once had to go Cold Turkey from this as well which was no fun for anyone. My wife took 3 days off work while I lay on the lounge and sweated, shook, spasmed and lay unconscious or wide awake. This lasted about a week to 10 days. That's history although I do get recurrences of pain requiring Oxy every now and then but much smaller dosage thank heavens.

A psychiatrist at a major hospital pain clinic recommended Cymbalta to me rather than Luvox due to it's capacity to help with pain as well as depression. My GP prescribed 60 mg and away I went. To my delight I found it to be extremely effective, or so I thought. On my next visit she told me I was "hyper", which I discussed and had confirmed by my family. I didn't notice. She dropped me to 30mg which was fine and I didn't really notice anything change but I'm told I was better to live with. After 12 months the pain management effects disappeared. To save some bucks I began using my repeat prescriptions for 60mg and only taking it every second day instead of 30mg daily. No problem and all good.

I don't know exactly why but I forgot to take them for a couple of days a few months back and immediately began getting head spins and vertigo. It didn't take long to remember the Cymbalta missed so I took them and all was well again.

I decided a couple of weeks ago to do away with them. I'm pretty resilient but boy I'm getting sick of this. 3 weeks has passed and I'm still feeling dizzy and nauseous, not to mention the occasional instantaneous projectile vomiting. My moods are OK and I don't suffer from underlying mental illness but I don't like feeling like crap all day for weeks on end. How long does this go on for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users