• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SallyJo

SallyJo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

I have been off Cymbalta for over seven weeks and am still experiencing severe tingling skin, some numbness and electrical sensations all over my body. Has anyone else experienced this and what has helped. I feel like I am going crazy ... please help.

Sally Jo

#2 mikehn

mikehn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

Hi Sally Joe
Your post has given me a high and a low.
A high because I am not going crazy with the weird symptons that you have described so well and the low is that I am only off them a couple of days and I was telling myself that ok I should have only a short time to tough it out but you are talking weeeeks omg.
I took a week off work as I reckoned that it would be rough and would affect my work,I have been buzzzing around trying to keep busy but although I am finding it tough I am excited that I have taken the step to non dependancy and hopefully it will work out ok
best of luck

#3 notgivingup

notgivingup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

Sally Jo~
I totally understand where you are coming from! I was on Cymbalta for 3 1/2 years and coming off of it has not been easy. I think we all feel like we are going nuts!!! This is why I can't understand how it is even legal to prescribe a drug like this with such bad withdraw symptoms and the length of time some of them last...
I dealt with exactly what you are experiencing about 2 months in to getting off of the med. Except I was only experiencing these symptoms on the left side of my body, which really freaked me out!! It almost felt like I had no circulation in my arm, hand, leg, & foot. They would be numb and tingle at the same time. It was an awful feeling. It lasted a few weeks and all of a sudden I noticed it had gone away. I think I started to get used to it and I was dealing with so many other severe symptoms, I had just been focusing on those. I know it is different, but thought sharing my experience may help out.

mikehn~
I totally know where you are in this long process as well. I figured about a week and I would be back in business...not the case for me. I know that coming off of Cymbalta is different for everyone, as far as how long withdraw symptoms last, but I do know there is life after Cymbalta and you are not alone. Let me tell you, I'm not a patient person at all, but this process has taught me that I just have to take it one day at a time and each day it gets a little bit better. I don't know how long your symptoms will last, but I'm most assured they will subside, even though it is so scary to think it could be a little longer than you expected...
I have done a lot of online research on this specific drug and have found that, unfortunately there are people out there 1 year off of Cymbalta and still dealing with some withdraw and not feeling like they had before they had ever taken the drug. When I read this I was devastated, it was enough to make me want to just get right back on the med....like it had already ruined me and there was no reason to even try to not use it. Thankfully I have an extremely supportive sister who reminded me that I was doing this for me and I COULD do it..... SO CAN YOU!! :0) It takes time, but it is so worth it....

Hope this helps.....

#4 outamymind

outamymind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:52 AM

Hi Sally Jo.

Please don't give up. This forum will become your best friend over the next few weeks or so. Unfortunately, time frames differ from person to person, as do the side effects BUT it will end. I'm sure of that.

I am exactly 3 weeks to the day off this poison after 2 1/2 yrs on 60 mg. I'm still having side effects. The brain Zaps seem to be my worst effect. My emotions are all over the place too but with each passing day, Im recognizing the signs and can pull myself up now or at least apologize for an outburst. I'm very lucky to have a wonderful, supportive husband who's copped the brunt of my outbursts - poor bugger.

I've been taking vitamins such as fish oil & rosehip for the aches & pains, ginseng bilboa for a bit of energy & a vegetable extract (which comes in liquid or capsule form) with omegas 3, 6 & 9. Most things have omega 3 but it's the 6 & 9 that help keep you calm. As with all vitamins they take a while to kick in but after a couple of weeks you can feel the difference in yourself. Probably a combination of this stuff & dropping the poison.

I agree with the others, this crap should be banned. How the hell can they justify a 'legal' drug that's harder to withdraw from than heroin. Then the idiot doctors want to put you back on it because you let them know what it does and get upset/angry doing so. OMG!! Don't the guinea pigs have a right of reply to the experiment?

Sorry, there's a little outburst for all to see. Anyway, bottom line, I am actually coming through this. Slowly but surely - and you will too, we all will. Just need to be strong & determined. Talk to the mirror if you have to. Convince yourself you can do it and don't be too hard on yourself if you slip up every now & then.

 Pam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users