• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationWentzville , Mo
  • why_joining:
    Glad to know i"m not alone or crazy

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hi EVERBODY

IT DOES GET BETTER! Yes, the leg pains/ restlessness decrease too. I'm on day 17 today w/o cymbaltaand my leg pain has really decreaed a lot. During the 4 years I took cymbalta 90mg/day, I suffered with cramps/ charlie horses throught every muscle group in my body. I did not have even one day without muscle spasms some where several times /day. Frquently my stomach and neck muscles would go into spasms and would sometimes bring tears to my eyes. During the past week I have only had an occaisional painful spasm/cramp/charlie horse. PRAISE THE LORD. THIS IS A TRUE BLESSING FOR ME. As I stated in my posts yesterday and Saturday I am now able to think clearly again and drive my car. For the past 3 days , I am basically brain zap free.nausea free and free from dizziness. Actually I'm fuctioning pretty well right now. I even went to church yesterday.YAY!! I'm still weak and wobbly at times but I now just need to regain some strength and endurance. I still experience some aches and pains in the late afternoon and evening. I am sleeping now about 6hrs/night ( taking Benadryl 25-50mg alternating nights with muscle relaxants) I haven't been able to sleep 6 consecutive hrs in the past 4 years. In general I've noticed a great deal of improvement these past 3 days. I NO LONGER FEEL LIKE I'M IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

#32 TXcounselor

TXcounselor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    On Cymbalta for about a year for peripheral neuropathy. Withdrawal from the drug has been hellish and life-changing. Need support and want to support others.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

I am between 5 & 6 weeks off of Cymbalta and the only remaining symptoms are joint pain (shoulders, elbows, lower back and knees) and restless leg symptoms. This last part involves feeling like I have ants crawling on my legs and a feeling like I need to bust out running at full speed. I constantly stretch my legs for the 2 seconds of relief it provides. Massage helps too but there's only so much I can massage my legs. I read the damnedest thing about sleeping with a bar of soap under your bottom sheet by your legs to help with the restless leg (unknown why it "works")...I feel like a total dork but I'm desperate to get rid of the crawly feeling. I've done it for 3 nights and the jury is still out on whether it helps or not. My bed smells really clean at least. It does seem a little better if I exercise and get enough sleep. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. :)

#33 Shelly

Shelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAlsea, Oregon
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta Withdrawal. Diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis (20 years); Fibromyalgia (Summer 2011); Arthritis...

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Part way into my wd, I got RLS, but during the DAY which I've never had happen. Also I hadn't had it in ages. I tried a homeopathic remedy, Restful Legs. I was skeptical at first, but it actually did work! Had RLS for a few days, slowly went away. Thank God! Years ago when I had RLS bad, I would be sure to supplement with Magnesium and that helped as well...

#34 brian224478

brian224478

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

I had taken Cymbalta for 1.5 years and after taking it for a few months, I started having widespread joint pain. The joint pain has gotten worse and is becoming debilitating. Cymbalta has a side affect of joint pain in the literature but the joint pain seems to be permanent! I have not taken Cymbalta in a couple years but the joint pain has remained. I have had blood tests and my doctor says the tests show it is not arthritis.

Stop this drug as soon as you can per your doctors instructions as withdrawal of this drug is also horrible! And stop as SOON AS POSSIBLE because from my experience and from what I have read, the joint pain is real and it is PERMANENT!!!!

#35 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:00 PM

Hi Brian, welcome!

I'm so glad you posted on this ... that the joint pain is permanent is a new one on me .... that totally sucks .... I'm going to take some time tomorrow and do some research on this ... I'll post anything I can find for you.

Lord, this is an evil drug ! :angry:

Are you taking any other meds for the joint pain? If so, which ones and what doses?

Are you on meds for any other conditions? Any chance of side effects or drug interactions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users