• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zazzed

zazzed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

hi well yesterday I was totally frustrated and feeling unwell spent half the day (sunday) sleeping later started to feel better still pissed thinking I had to start all over again because the 30mg was not working and I also took out 2 beads so I guess it really was 29mg I had dropped from 60 to 30mg the past 6 days and did tolerate it although I had the withdrawl symptoms butyesterday was the worst that flu/like feeling so ok I'm thinking perhaphs I went to fast and maybe small changes will ge me through this so I started counting beads OMG thats hard! DUH my hobbie is making jewelry, bracelets BEADS! means I have a bead board you can get this at any craft store even walmart cheap it has comparments and rows very easy to scoop up the little beads in the capsule those little suckers line right up for counting and it was so easy Yesterday I had a feeling of defeat but today I feel triumphant it's the small things that count parden the pun! So new week I'm on 40mg did not got back to 60mg ......thanks so much for this form we will beat it this curse

#2 kzap

kzap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationWentzville , Mo
  • why_joining:
    Glad to know i"m not alone or crazy

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

Hi Zazzed

Welcome to the forum. This site is WONDERFUL!! Sorry you had a bad day yesterday. So did I. I was totally wiped out and bummed out. You are right. It's a new day and a new week. I know we will all make it through this nightmare. Many fellow cymbalta useres have made it and so can we.

I'm on day10 w/o cymbalta. I'm still dizzy, unsteady on my feet, nauseated.swollen but not as much as yesterday. I'm headed to the Dr. for a 3 month check-up for my diabetes which has been totally out of control for the past 9 months.My Last A1c was above 8 (not good) since I have normally been in the 6 range (not bad for a diabetic).
My PCP referred me to an endocrinologist due to the jump in my blood sugar. My blood sugar has definitely joined the roller coaster ride along with the cymbalta w/d. This appt. should really be a trip! Looking forward to the finish line on this cymbalta adventure. Oh well, we are on the road to recovery and we will ALL make it by the GRACE OF GOD.

May God bless you and keep you safe. Please continue to read and keep us posted on your progress. WE CARE :rolleyes:

#3 zazzed

zazzed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

Hi kzap
me to also diabetic A1c 6.1 hope it doesn't change in 2007 after a mild heart attack started on cymbalta because I felt depressed what a mistake I was very stressed at work too next came the diabetes diagnosis along with weight gain about 30 pounds well any way I think this is all related to the cymbalta I think it messes with the pituatary gland and alters your bld chemistry I also became anemic I'm 66 years old I want my life back I use to be so strong but now everyday is a struggle mostly leg pains I had to go back to work my husband lost his job last year We will over come RIGHT?

#4 zazzed

zazzed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

Hi how did the doctors appointment go?

#5 kzap

kzap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationWentzville , Mo
  • why_joining:
    Glad to know i"m not alone or crazy

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hi Zazzed

Thanks for asking about my Drs appt .My A1C is down to 6.8 from 8.3 3
months ago. I am truly ecstatic about that..
I felt like I was on a Manic High after the nurse told me what it was. As far as the swelling goes, she (my Dr) wouldn't order any diuretics for me even though she did agree my legs, ankles and feet were very swollen (4+ pitting edema in medical terms). She is afraid because I had an allergic reaction to 1 diuretic Diamox years ago. I explained that I took Demadex successfully since that incident but she wants my PCP to make the decision.
She said she would put it in her note and alert him to the problem. I have not heard anything back from him, so I sent him an email last night. He should see it this AM when the office opens and I'm sure I will get some response from him. He has really been supportive during this w/d so far. I email him at least once /week with my nuerous complaints and he always says Do you need any thing-How can I help you? He isn't even resposible for putting me on cymbalta but has continued to prescribe it for me since my neurologist left their group. I really do like him.(my PCP)

It felt good to get out.(my husband took me). It was a real trip . due to the zaps, brain fog and general confusion, I felt like I was in the twilight zone. This was hilarious to me. After the Drs visit , we went to the Grocery store. This is the 1st time since I have been cymbalta-free. I have had to use a cart for years now due to my Fibro. It felt funny to drive the cart due to dizziness,brain fog etc.but I made it through the store without running into anything or anybody. I'm so proud of myself. I have not driven my car since my drop down to 30mg (started at 90mg) due to feeling so sick. I still don't think I should drive a car yet until I regain some depth perception and equilibrium back again. Today is day 11 NO cymbalta. I know God will get me through another day if it is His Will. I feeling some better today which surprises me since I've been up since 3AM Hopefully this will be a good day.

#6 zazzed

zazzed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

hi good to hear the news keep it up I have good news too I e-mailed my new doctor the web site my last appointment I told her I wanted off cymbalta well she called me today and she has experience with cymbalta so she told me to stay on the 40mg and perhaps reduce a few balls to say 38 and when I see her june 6 we will talk I'm thrilled she knows about the w/d symptoms how lucky can I get NO it's not luck I prayed about this last night and asked for help (believe in the power of prayer)
I wish you much joy and happiness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users