2 replies to this topic

#1 evan

evan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Greetings all...

I am getting things prepared for weaning off of Cymbalta. I have lined up a psychiatrist to guide me through this instead of having my GP head this up. I am also lined up to work with a therapist in learning new natural skills to cope with anxiety. These two providers are going to collaborate in helping me.

Here's my tapering plan - I expect to devote at least a year to getting off this med. The plan is to just do it literally day-by-day. I am starting the tapering from 60mg once a day.

Day 1 - Take out 2 pellets from the 60mg capsule, close capsule, ingest.
Day 2 - Take out 4 pellets from the 60mg capsule, close capsule, ingest.
Day 3 - Take out 6 pellets from the 60mg capsule, close capsule, ingest.
Day 4 - Take out 8 pellets from the 60mg capsule, close capsule, ingest.
Day 5 - Take out 10 pellets from the 60mg capsule, close capsule, ingest.

Continue taking two additional pellets out of the 60mg capsule each day until there are no more pellets left to take out.

I have not counted the pellets in a 60mg capsule yet, but whatever it is, I'll just start lowering pellet by pellet.

I tried a taper once before and it was horrendous. Doc had me taper within 6 weeks to being drug-free and I made it about one week into the taper before going back on my maintenance dose. I am not going to rush through it this time.

Anyone else tried the counting (or weighing) option? I could really use the input from others.

Thanks - Evan

#2 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

Counting is a royal pain in the ass. Problem I noticed is none of the capsules have had the same amount of pellets in them and of course it all depends on where you get them from or where they were made. They can have a 10-15 pellet difference range. I have ordered a scale but it hasn't arrived yet. I do think your tapering process sounds like it should be a good way to go. I just got to a certain amount of pellets and found I couldn't handle it. But everyone is different and your approach is much slower. Best thing you can do is just listen to your body. If it gets to be too much go back to a prior dose you can handle for a little bit to adjust and then try again is all I can offer. I wish you the best of luck and hope it goes smoothly for you.

#3 Jnine

Jnine

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

I am using a scale instead of counting. I weigh the capsule full, then removed some into my hand and weigh again. I have managed to get to half the weight so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users