• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 JadeCoaster

JadeCoaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

I spent 3 days removing 3 beads, and this is the first day I've spent removing 5.  I don't feel good at all.  The first symptoms were bad enough, but it seems more are piling on.  So far, everything is manageable, but I really just don't feel good at all.

I'm going to try to find an Omega3 that is non-fish based to help with the head stuff, and start taking probiotics to help ease the tummy symptoms.

I'm already supplementing 2000iu of Vit D & a 1mg B multi, and drinking from 2-3 ltrs of water per day.

Any ideas how to handle the malaise & exhaustion, the distraction?  The symptoms are making it difficult to work up to my potential.

FWIW, my symptoms haven't gotten worse between the 3 and the 5 bead shift.

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hi Jade

Sure hard to believe that those tiny little beads cause all these symptoms doesn't it.

Now if I have spelled anything wrong I blame the Crapalta as I woke up today feeling like someone took a bat to my head last night and its been like that all day.

For omega 3 that is non-fish get Flax seed oil or some Flax Seed and grind it in a little grinder (a cheap coffee grinder works good) as it has to be fresh ground unless stored sealed tight in a frig. Most health stores have flax seed oil or a vegan omega 3 capsule.

Make sure  you have B12 in that B vitamin. You really are better off getting a high potency vitamin and mineral formula as we need Vitamin C, manganese, magnesium and zinc.

The other thing you can get at the health store is L-theanine (suntheanine) it helps with the head which in turn seems to help with the nausea, at least for me. Also raw pumpkin seeds and lemon balm tea which will be at the health food store too.

Most of the time there is someone at the store who has a good idea of what will help.

If things get too rough just stay at the same dose for a couple of days til things settle down.

Take care of you

Nancy

#3 JadeCoaster

JadeCoaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Thank you, Nancy.

I have my concerns about the amino acids, and I'm exhausted and don't want to do the research right now (yeah, I suck).  I do have access to good health food stores, and flax seeds are easily added to my diet.  Do I have to grind them for the uptake to work best?  I'd prefer to just add them to my food.

My B vits are amazing, when I first started taking them I felt like a whole new person.  I might try some B6 & B12 individual supplements to help w/ the anxiety/low energy "as needed".  The B multi has C in it as well.  

I was never a "pill-taker" and it takes me longer each day to take all these supplements than it should.  I just want off this stuff! 

In all honesty, this seems like it's *almost* worse than the depression that drove me to this medication.  The difference now, I still have fight in me.

Thank you, again, for your support.

#4 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Unfortunately with flax seeds we only get about one/tenth of the value out of them in seed form so to really be of value they need to be ground. I add the ground flax to my food all day long lol. I even put it in my pancakes and muffins.

But don't worry about all this tonight, tomorrow is soon enough.

Take care

#5 JadeCoaster

JadeCoaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

I swear on all that is holy and good in the world, that this is exactly like revisiting the depression w/o the actual depression.  Same side effects, wow.  If only I knew how bad this would be.  Hated taking a day off of work, going to see if it fits fmla standards I've built, but I might need a new case for this.  STUPID DRUG.  Should be okay getting off it.  UGH.  I'm just so mad.

#6 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

Hang in there you can do it.

And trust me I know how you feel now but it will get better.

Oh and I put some ground flax seeds in the meatballs tonight and hubbie didn't even notice lol

Take care of you

#7 mgpam

mgpam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

JadeCoaster -

Don't feel bad about one day off work for this.  My hubby is using all his sick time and vacation time, plus working on getting approval for short term disability for this.  This really sucks for him, and us.  He is at day 17, and I think (hope) its getting better.  That might be just because he slept well last night though.  He is still on Concerta and Xanax and without those to prop him up he collapses.  Last night his muscle pain and chest tighening was scary bad but lasted only about 1/2 hour.

#8 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

Yes JadeCoaster don't you worry about taking a day off. This is one of the toughest meds I have ever had to get off of and you owe it to yourself to take the time you need.

mgpam - That's good news
He had reached the turning point  I wouldn't be surprised if he woke up tomorrow feeling much clearer than he has til now if he didn't this morning.
It is good that he has the other meds to help him as without can be tramatic, but things will just keep getting better from here. Six weeks seems to be the goal, but most of the side effects ease up and start to go away from the 18 day mark for most.
The muscle pain is a very common side effect, I think if has to do with the fact that our bodies are rapidly trying to supply the brain with much needed vitamins and minerals to deal with the changes in brain chemistry and have found that extra vitamins help alot.
The tightness in the chest is common and is one of my biggest issues right now and I'm always feeling a little hyper when it happens. I find that taking deep breaths and using them to expand my ribcage helps alot.
But the worst is over now, there will be some rough patches but nothing he can't handle now.
Hang in there

#9 mgpam

mgpam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Today is another bad day for hubby.  This is so hard.  Ugh, every other day seems to alternate.  However, I do still see some improvement in his ability to reason and talk with me, even when he is upset.  Last week he could only rage and couldn't reason at all.  And good news - it sounds like his doctor is going to approve the short term disability paperwork.

#10 mgpam

mgpam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

lady Nancy -

How much theanine do you take or think is safe?

#11 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

Sorry to hear that it is another tough day. Tell him to hang in there, I know he can do it.

I take 100mg 3 times a day but I know I can safely double that without any problems and I have taken 200mg at once and that just seems to work better.

I thought I should start out with lower doses as I am not very big and have had bad reactions to meds and stuff.

I think that GreenMachine took more but then guys are bigger too and he is very familiar with this supplement.

Just looking up the info GreenMachine sent me and the max recommended is 1000mg a day.

Normally we get enough from the food we eat but without being able to eat much and the Crapalta we need some help.

#12 mgpam

mgpam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

Thanks ladyNancy, i've been giving him 100 to 200 mg a day and he is a big tall guy so think I will increase it for him. 

#13 JadeCoaster

JadeCoaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Again, all I can say is that unless it's immediately in front of me, it's just overwhelming to deal with.  I'm not depressed at all, I have worked very hard for several years to build a good life.  Cymbalta helped me to do that, I honestly believe that.  How is it that it's harder to get off of this drug than it is to stay on it?

Still angry and frustrated, still making it to work, barely, each day.  I'll make my case for FMLA next week, hopefully I'll have a case.

Thank you Nancy et al for your support and your empathy.  You have no idea how much it matters to not be alone in this experience.

#14 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

Good to hear from you Jade but sorry that it has been so rough on you.

I am finally at the point that I can tell you that it does get better and you can get here too.

It wasn't fun, but it is so worth it.

Take care of you

#15 JadeCoaster

JadeCoaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

I'm finding solace in Three 6 Mafia

It might be new to you, but it's been like this for years.

Thank you for all of your support, it matters.  I'll keep you posted in the next few weeks, bead by bead.  I think we should rename this struggle bead by bead.  Ugh.  Down to 7 removed from the 30mg.  So.  Hard.

#16 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

I wish I could help you JadeCoaster but just don't know what to say. My battle with cymbalta withdrawal is over and I still remember how it felt like it went on forever....but it didn't. You still have a ways to go, just have to hang tough. Good luck and I will be praying for you.

#17 JadeCoaster

JadeCoaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

I felt better this past weekend, but the work week has me wondering if I should be operating heavy machinery.  Will see my doc in a cpl days.

Thank you all, so much, just for being here.  It matters.

#18 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

Hang in there Jade you can do it.

Bead by Bead - That's a good name for the process

You should start a new forum using that name

Glad to hear that things are a little better

Hope you have a good week

Take care of you

#19 JadeCoaster

JadeCoaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

Done.  Thank you so much for your time and attention.

#20 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Day 30 off Crapalta

I wonder what today has in store for me.

Hope everyone is feeling better today.

Take care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users