Photo

I Thought I Had Food Poisoning...maybe Not?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wildecat

wildecat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

I had to switch insurance and have been waiting on "prior authorization" to get my Cymbalta 60mg refilled.  Unfortunately that meant I have not had it in several days (a weekish).

Saturday night immediately after eating dinner I started with what I assumed were food poisoning symptoms (extreme nausea, diarrhea and vomiting).  I also realized I have been having really detailed, extreme dreams.  Even if I fall asleep for 10 minutes I feel like I have these hours long, complex, high definition dreams.

The actual "food poisoning" void part is over, but I'm left feeling extremely nauseous.  And obviously still having bizzaro dreams. 

Could it actually all be part of Cymbalta withdrawal?  I've never heard of any of this until tonight.  I've been on 60mg for over 7 years, basically since it went on the market.  Now I'm terrified after reading some of the stories on this forum.

Its been a life changer for me and I never had any complaints before.  But now I'm scared.

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hi wildecat

Yes those are common side effects of abruptly stopping cymbalta.  If is works for you then you can get back on it if you want and don't worry about it. Go online to cymbalta.com and you can get a coupon for some for free if you haven't done that all ready. If you want to be off it now then you will have about 14 to 18 days of rough going and then things will get better.

If you decide that you really don't want to take this anymore then we can help you get through this.

This med does help some so the choice is really yours.

I hope that helps you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users