9 replies to this topic

#1 sam

sam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hello everyone,

I have been coming off this terrible drug for a few years... and i am nearly at the end. I was prescribed it for 2 autoimmune illnesses. During the course i studied nutrition and if i can help just one person with withdrawal symptoms then i would feel blessed. This has really helped me alot.

I didn't want to take 5HTP and i am hoping ( i only have 5 beads to go!) that i won't have to resort to it... my goal was i wanted to be drug free forever! no more of this nightmare.

This is the protocol:

Vitamin C

Cod liver oil   ( raw fermented blue ice , very expensive but worth it) ( u can do flaxseed but if you are estrogen dominant it will mess with your hormones )

B complex

100 % pure Inositol  powder by swanson   This group is VERY important for your brain  ( zaps,dizziness etc )

pure Biotin caps by swanson

Choline powder  ( not lecithin )

Calcium and Vit D3

magnesium

plenty of raw coconut oil

then this has worked for me for hair loss

1/2- 3/4 of a teaspoon of celtic or himylayan salt a day ... and 8 - 10 glasses of water. ( not just regular sea salt )

actually following the "water cure" google it would be even better.

This has been the biggest nightmare of my life , i have lost all of my beautiful thick hair to this drug... but the salt water is helping alot...

Also massage oilve/coconut oil into your scalp each night and brush 100 times.

and lastly but by no means least . PRAY! God is good all the time and will give you strength... you can do it !

Gods love and blessings to all

Be healed.

xx sam xx

#2 sam

sam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

P.S i just wanted to add that the protocol goes alongside weaning very slowly! never cold turkey :) x

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

Welcome to the site Sam and appreciate the detailed info. God bless and be well.

• sam likes this

#4 sam

sam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

I also want to add that if you have any nutrtional deficiencies this will exasperate your withdrawal symptoms... i was severly deficient in Iodine... i take BIOFLO Liquid iodine plus...u can  get it on amazon... u can take up to 300mcg a day.  Made a huge difference God bless :)

#5 DinCA

DinCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

I think I say "WOW" everytime I sign on here.   I had no idea the hair loss was from the cymbalta.   DR. said it was a pre-menopause thing.  But then most of the hell I went thru while TAKING it was put off as pre-menopause.    And I would still think it was just that if those symptoms didnt fluctuate with the other symptoms of withdrawal from crapalta.  

Been taking bioten for it and it helped considerably.  But I do have some celtic sea salt and will look into giving it a try as well.  Thank you, sam. 

The problem for me with the supplements is it is getting expensive.  I dont get it....Insurance will pay the HUGE pricetag  and cover most of the prescription costs on these drugs that are terrorizing us all....BUT the vitamens and supplements that are natural and ESSENTIAL to good health.... in general......which would cost a fraction of the cost of some of the prescription crap they pay for.... NO DICE!

#6 sam

sam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

i totally understand the expense, just do what you can... i believe the bcomplex,inositol and biotin really help with hair loss but nothing has helped like the celtic/himylayan salt...  look up Dr. Batman...... ( an Iranian doctor)  "water cure " ...  you can make your own "sole" with the salt too ..

I tell you "crapalta" has a lot to answer for!!!!!!!!!  Your hormones WILL be messed up and possibily your thyroid because thats what this drug does .. it dries up your thyroid and hormones... so pre-menopause is not surprising.... .. nothing can be done until you come off it .. argh! u could try a few drops of the iodine also as that indirectly helps your hormones... also make sure ur taking enough D3. If ur off  crapalta already you could try "progestelle" google it.. Dr.Ekhart.. good man.  good luck and God bless xx

#7 DinCA

DinCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Thank you for the info Sam

I especially liked your Dr. "Batman"    I look forward to getting a hold of his books.  Makes absolute sense to me about the water.

I have not had any crapalta in somewhere around 6 weeks....  (going cold turkey was not a good idea...but then it was not intentional on my part)  .....But even after six weeks w/o..... I am not "free" of the crapalta.  It is still kicking my butt with the relapses, which are becoming weaker in strength for the most part and, with the exception of this last week...shorter in duration.  But as the temps here in CA started to rise the last few days...I have noticed the correlation between the heat and relapses.  and that too may have alot to do with drinking enough water when I am out and about and busy.

I think my point in that last paragraph was that I am not sure what "free of cymbalta" means.   I seem to be free from the nightmares...HOORAY!!!   that was the worst part for me.  But the fuzziness and memory problems still can hit hard at times.  exhaustion happens almost instantaneously.   when the brain zaps come back...it scares me a little that it could get bad again.   I still am afraid to drive sometimes.  the list...as always...goes on and on...just to a somewhat lesser degree.   the rage  has lessened as well...BUT I am still quite capable of uncontrolled rants that can be a bit ridiculous, and embarrassed immediately following.  .  And then there is the "rest of the time"..an absence of any emotion at all....which believe me...that IS NOT ME.  I had hoped that by now I would be done with it.  so maybe free from cymbalta means just getting past those first  hellish weeks alive...or maybe it means in a few months...or a year or two ....or when you have not had any relapses or symptoms... at all.... for a year.  idk. 

Anyway, I see a new Doc this week.  . Well, not new...someone I saw years ago... who was the ONLY dr.  who ever suggested I try supplements for the pain.  She'd moved to another town and I just couldnt see making the drive to stay with her.  Now I am wishing I had spent the little bit extra in gas and time.  Wouldnt it be nice if she knew all about Crapalta?  I am hoping she is open to all of this.  hoping that she is understanding and more importantly...I am hoping that she is still the same Doc who gave a crap about her patients. 

Does any one have any input as to what to talk to her about.   I mean any specific blood work that should be done...that type of thing?  Should I ask for a work up on things like the thyroid....Or does any of that even matter at this point? 

Any suggestions would be appriciated

#8 Ape

Ape

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hi everyone! Sam I was prescribed cymbolta after a shock and I was taking cymbolta along respiradone. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well on both medications and slowly I got off respiradone. It s been six months since everything happened and I can t feel anything. I don t feel any physical pain but with cymbolta i have no desire to eat i have to force myself to eat. I try to walk 3 mile a day and I take my multivitamin. The truth is I can t sleep at night my sleep is very light and I am kinda of anxious during the day. I want to get off cymbalta but my doctor said I am not ready because I am still depressed. But I have a blood disorder my emoglobin is very low between 7and 8. Some day I wish I was dead but I have no intention of doing myself any arm. It s that I am very alone during the day and I have no much confidence to go find another job because I don t know what to since I have no degree. But anyway my psychiatrist told me he will take me off cymbolta around November if I am going better but I am going worse. And I panic even more reading all these posts where it says is very difficult to get off this drug. Sam can you please tell me why did he take you two years to get off it means I have to take the slowly that it might take me two years? Can you kindly let me know how did you decreased the medication to be out with no withdrawal side effect? I believe you guys are saying the truth please help me. Also I have different state of moods one day I am kinda of ok sometimes I feel irritate can u please suggest me what to do to get out the depression and this pill? I am alone most of the time my hub work and my son is in school. I never had to deal with depression before now but I really don t want the thought of thinking of way to kill myself but also I don't want these pill can anyone help some how?

#9 claire26

claire26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Locationunited kingdon scotland
  • why_joining:
    i have been off cymbalta for nearly 5 weeks, and came across the site, i am so glad i found it, reading other peoples stories and exsperienses makes me feel more normal :)

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

hi there i am looking for vitamins that can help with my syptoms, i am 5 weeks cold turkey, i no longer have the brain zapps, it is the feeling sick and swishy head i have no break from it is driving me crazy, i can not do anything i have no life, as i feel so dizzy and sick all the time, i need some sort of life back to deal with this, i didnt understand the meds at the top i know what some are but any 2 could help with what i can get would be great i am in united kingdon {scotland} so i think im finding it hard to understand the vitamins at the top i understand vitamin c ect thanks and good luck to you all x

#10 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

hi there i am looking for vitamins that can help with my syptoms, i am 5 weeks cold turkey, i no longer have the brain zapps, it is the feeling sick and swishy head i have no break from it is driving me crazy, i can not do anything i have no life, as i feel so dizzy and sick all the time, i need some sort of life back to deal with this, i didnt understand the meds at the top i know what some are but any 2 could help with what i can get would be great i am in united kingdon {scotland} so i think im finding it hard to understand the vitamins at the top i understand vitamin c ect thanks and good luck to you all x

Claire26 my pharmacist recommended a mega dose vitamin B complex to take while with drawing from the Cymbalta. He said to start taking the vit a week~10 days before I began the decrease in the number of beads. So far I have had some slight nausea, loose stool, HA but I am going to continue to do this very very slowly. Wishing the best for U. Prayers :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users