14 replies to this topic

#1 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

When you post something, from time to time please jot down a simple history like this:

Was on Cymbalta 2 years @ 30 mg/ weaned off in 42 days/ now off 17.5 months/ most side-effects are gone.

Just something so we don't have to go searching to know where you're at. Thank you. 

#2 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

When you post something, from time to time please jot down a simple history like this:

Was on Cymbalta 2 years @ 30 mg/ weaned off in 42 days/ now off 17.5 months/ most side-effects are gone.

Just something so we don't have to go searching to know where you're at. Thank you. 

Thismoment. .This is perfect. One place where you can have all members reporting there symptoms in just three sentences. Phenomenal! Brilliant! You struck again..Thank you.

#3 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

Was on cymbalta 3 days @30mgs/stopped cold turkey/ now off 9 days...side effects are a lightheaded, a bit anxious, sad at times.

#4 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

On Cymbalta 10 yrs , weaned in 2 weeks , off for 9 weeks ... First 8 weeks were dreadful .. Every s/e imaginable .. 2 days of feeling 'smooth' praying that I've been to the bottom & climbing back to normality .

Not being complacent though .

#5 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:01 AM

On Cymbalta 10 yrs , weaned in 2 weeks , off for 9 weeks ... First 8 weeks were dreadful .. Every s/e imaginable .. 2 days of feeling 'smooth' praying that I've been to the bottom & climbing back to normality .

I think my REAL feelings are returning & it feels weird .
I got upset about something earlier & am surprised @ how intense my feelings were/are , it's been a few hours now & I'm still dealing with the reaction .
It feels like I've been injected with pure adrenalin & I don't like it . Just goes to show that I've been like a Zombi for the past ten years .
:-(

#6 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

Gail

That's great! Savour those feelings- embrace their return and welcome them home! I'm not talking about anger or upset that rises suddenly over something petty, but rather the broader returning tide of emotion- of compassion, charity, and sweet melancholy. And soon thereafter the doorbell will ring, and there with soft eyes and gentle smile will stand world traveller, daughter Hope.

#7 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

This moment, a thought just occurred, duh, imagine that!!! I think I am COMING BACK!!!! :) Would it be helpful for us all to go back to our "member page" or whatever you call it, (trying hard to keep this thought running, but hard) edit our "reason for coming to the forum", and add a brief history. Helpful or possible? Just a thought!    Have a great day all!!!!!  clara

#8 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

Hi Clara

I'm happy you are coming back! It's the best part of this adventure!

Timbo and I are working on a simple history log that each of can update as we progress, and we will see that soon. But in the meantime, every once-in-a-while, preface your post with a line of history.

Perhaps like this-

2 years on Cymbalta @ 30 mg/ quit cold turkey/ rough symptoms for 6 weeks, then better/ off 7 months, still improving.

Now we don't have to go searching to see where you're at.

#9 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

Here's hoping you get a third smooth day! Of course they will be up and down (that's normal), but a run of three smoothies would be nice.

#10 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

I really do like this. Sometimes I forget that everyone one here don't know "me"....

This will be very helpful for all of us! Thanks so much thismoment :hug:

#11 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

This moment, a thought just occurred, duh, imagine that!!! I think I am COMING BACK!!!! :) Would it be helpful for us all to go back to our "member page" or whatever you call it, (trying hard to keep this thought running, but hard) edit our "reason for coming to the forum", and add a brief history. Helpful or possible? Just a thought!    Have a great day all!!!!!  clara

Clara- Timbo and I (more Timbo than I) are working on something that will enable each of us to view the other's history with Cymbalta, and our progress. It will foster more efficient use and more accurate responses, with less searching. You've identified this need as well.

#12 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

12:49 EST ..on Cymbalta 30 mg for 3 days...off cymbalta 10 days..Headache today, extremely tired, and shaky.

#13 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

Oops was on 60 ml ..

#14 Timbo

Timbo

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    Recently started tapering off of Cymbalta. Having bad effects and wanted to see if there were any ways to do this without having such a negative impact on my functionality.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

Timbo...back from Cymbalta hell week!  

Great idea, thismoment!  This will be a helpful forum for reference later when we get that template completed.  

And thismoment is too humble.  My contribution has been minute in comparison.   But the collaboration has been priceless.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it evolves.   

Here's my information

I have been on Cymbalta for 14 months (and counting).   Initially, I dropped to 30 mg for 6 or 7 days.   Next I went back up to 60 mg and started tapering down 6 weeks ago.  I dropped at varying rates down to 17 beads (approx 5 mg). Due to extreme withdrawal symptoms, I went back up to 40 beads (approx 12 mg) 2 days ago.  I have felt completely symptom free today.  I am planning to drop 1 bead every 6 days to maintain a higher quality of life in the process.   

Hope that wasn't to much information! :-) 

#15 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:43 AM

I am still on Cymbalta 60mg brand name blue/green capsules....Eli Lilly

'bout 200 beads/60 mg capsule...

I have been on Cymbalta for 19 months now...

Prescribed for chronic pain of lower back due to osteoarthritis...

I am decreasing by 1 bead per day and at the dose tonite I will swallow 61 nasty, evil, vile beads (I think) I have 2 write it down...

I accidently quit cold turkey that sucked. I then followed my pain physician's instructions of how to wean off and going from 60 mg to 30 mg was ok 'til day #10 when I found myself knocking on hells front door...I have been in Cymbalta hell, some days pure hell and some not so much...

I am however, ever so slowly making my way through hell and hope to exit her back door in the future.

I am determined that I will make it, no matter how long it may take me to do so.

I am a woman of faith more spiritual than religious. I with the help of my God, my family and friends plan to be Cymbalta free...

Thanks to all here on the forum who have been here to encourage me along the way...I am forever grateful...

TheEquusWoman :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users