#31 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Have a wonderful trip, Carleeta! My big success for today is that I cleaned the entire bathroom, including wiping down the tile walls with white vinegar .... And, the crowning glory .... A new roll of t.p. :-D

The cats are totally flummoxed with my new behavior .... All three of them were lined up in a row watching me clean .... Hehehe

Now for a nap ....

FiveNotions...my trip is soon although, not for a while. Wow you have accomplished much today...Even the toilet paper issue was solved. Your cats have seen some old behaviors of yours returning...They mush be excited.  My son has two cats and I have one.  Mine is being boarded right now as I am in transition of moving.  I miss my little girl. Although I called where she is being boarded frequently and they have told me she is now in charge of the whole place.  They love her... Well they better not love her too much because I do want her back..lol lol.  Have a wonderful nap..

#32 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Have a wonderful trip, Carleeta! My big success for today is that I cleaned the entire bathroom, including wiping down the tile walls with white vinegar .... And, the crowning glory .... A new roll of t.p. :-D
The cats are totally flummoxed with my new behavior .... All three of them were lined up in a row watching me clean .... Hehehe
Now for a nap ....

Now for a nap ....

FiveNotions. .Thank you. .trip will be coming up soon and be here before I know it..You a com polished much today...Hurray! Cats are remembering the norm again..lol lol..They knew it all along..lol lol..Happy you are getting the spring cleaning done..and you'll be going good by the time it arrived..Great positive post

#33 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

Good day today a slight HA....same pain...tolerable,

Going on trail ride tomorrow w/some friends! I so need some equine therapy!

Have a blessed evening y'all. More tomorrow ... late! :hug:

#34 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:09 AM

Ooh, EW, a trail ride .... How wonderful that sounds ... Do you think an almost 61 yo geezer like myself could ever ride a horse? How I would love to ... Well, anyway, that's my positive thought for now .... I way over did things yesterday ... And enjoyed every moment of it

As I totter of to bed, the last thing I have to say is that I POSITIVELY feel like crap .... Can't sleep, can't move, can't think straight .... Hehehe ... But, I do have tp, and a clean bathroom surrounding it .... And I will positively get up tomorrow... Err, later today ... And have another go at life ! ....

#35 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

11:56 am Good morning. Woke up with a headache and took some advice that should take care of it. Feed the two little darling cats and gave them fresh water. I'm slowly waking up today although I did wake up..lol lol.

I already have it in my head it's going to be a good day even with the headache and a bit of soreness.

There is going to be many positives today which Ill post as the day goes on..because Im going to list them as I remember to point them out so myself..

#36 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

Good day today a slight HA....same pain...tolerable,
Going on trail ride tomorrow w/some friends! I so need some equine therapy!
Have a blessed evening y'all. More tomorrow ... late! :hug:

Equuswoman. .have a great day with friends and the trail ride. Please do tell us how it goes tomorrow. Would love to hear all..

#37 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Ooh, EW, a trail ride .... How wonderful that sounds ... Do you think an almost 61 yo geezer like myself could ever ride a horse? How I would love to ... Well, anyway, that's my positive thought for now .... I way over did things yesterday ... And enjoyed every moment of it
As I totter of to bed, the last thing I have to say is that I POSITIVELY feel like crap .... Can't sleep, can't move, can't think straight .... Hehehe ... But, I do have tp, and a clean bathroom surrounding it .... And I will positively get up tomorrow... Err, later today ... And have another go at life ! ....

FiveNotions. .You did do much yesterday. Yes and enjoyed it..You positively know you are feeling it today..You have a wonderful, clean, refreshed, POSITIVE atmosphere to just relax in today. .Even the toilet paper and bathroom will be a pleasure place for you today..lol lol.. Rest up because more good days are awaiting!

#38 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

I'm alive! And I know this because every muscle and joint I have hurts :-D

I just posted a bunch of news articles about cymbalta, Eli Lilly and the pharmaceutical industries "marketing techniques" over in "cymbalta in the news .... Man, they are scum ... Rich, rich scum ....

#39 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

I'm alive! And I know this because every muscle and joint I have hurts :-D

I just posted a bunch of news articles about cymbalta, Eli Lilly and the pharmaceutical industries "marketing techniques" over in "cymbalta in the news .... Man, they are scum ... Rich, rich scum ....

You got that right.

#40 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

Fishinghat, FiveNotions, Equuswoman. . I'm so proud of you all sharing something positve. No matter what it is you share that's positive..What I can say...all are attempting to find and share a positive in spite of the negative (which we all share also) because we are all connected with the same journey..

The positive I will give today is...Each one of you walking this journey has helped so many other who are just beginning, or reading the posts, searching for answers, searching for hope, or even helping them make decisions.

Thank you Fishinghat, FiveNotions, Equuswoman. ..You are the Positives of this site.!!!!

Ok..I did forget myself...lol lol...Me Too..

#41 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Thats no lie Carleeta. I have always admired you attitude ever since you came onto the site. You are a big help to so many people. God Bless

#42 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

Fishinghat. .Thank you for the compliment. I too admire you as I read the knowledge you share with others, with your sense of humor, and dedication. .You give it your all! Your are very special..and I'm saying thank you from all the members and guests here..

#43 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

4:08 pm..Ok..I've made it through the toothbrush, toothpaste, facewash, deodorant routines today..lol lol

bathroom is sparkling. Bed all have clean sheets on them. Clothes all neatly folded and put away..All dressed except for boots, hat, gloves, scarf, coat..

Now just thinking of something positive to do for 1/2 hour before I leave..hmmm

Ok..thought of something to keep me busy..going to put extra cream on my face to moisture it more and relax the muscles in my face..lol lol.. And....Do another quick relaxation technique (i use Donald Duck in my mind for my technique..He lightens things up for me...I'm not for the whole serious type of mediation.lol lol)..and off I go..lol lol

Positive, positive, positive. .....

#44 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

Haha...FiveNotions! I am 61 years old. Learned to horseback ride at age 55. My little sister taught me. She is a certified riding instructor. Spent 3 1/2 hrs in my saddle on my Hershey horse riding trails. Was a beautiful day. Our state can experience all 4 seasons in just one week...anyhow I so NEEDED that equine therapy. Makes me feel better in my brain, body and just everywhere! That's my + thing for this day. That and I made it another minute on the NONmotorized tread mill...lol and decreased one more of those 'devil' beads with tonight's dose...WooHoo...

Now off to shower as have early church in the morning.

Much love and prayers for everyone here! :hug:

As I totter of to bed, the last thing I have to say is that I POSITIVELY feel like crap .... Can't sleep, can't move, can't think straight .... Hehehe ... But, I do have tp, and a clean bathroom surrounding it ....

#45 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

4:08 pm..Ok..I've made it through the toothbrush, toothpaste, facewash, deodorant routines today..lol lol

bathroom is sparkling. Bed all have clean sheets on them. Clothes all neatly folded and put away..All dressed except for boots, hat, gloves, scarf, coat..

Now just thinking of something positive to do for 1/2 hour before I leave..hmmm

Ok..thought of something to keep me busy..going to put extra cream on my face to moisture it more and relax the muscles in my face..lol lol.. And....Do another quick relaxation technique (i use Donald Duck in my mind for my technique..He lightens things up for me...I'm not for the whole serious type of mediation.lol lol)..and off I go..lol lol

Positive, positive, positive. .....

Carletta U just keep on a goin'! :hug:

#46 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Hey there all! My good things for today are that I made a visit to my friend at the nursing home, came home around 5 pm .... Then, hauled out my toolbox .... Man, was it dusty from lack of use .... And hung a 4 x 6 Pakistani wall hanging on my living room wall.... It's a gorgeous deep red, with touches of orange and burgundy, covered with hand embroidery and small mirrors.. One of my craigslist "finds" that's been rolled up and leaning in a corner since I bought it 4 yrs ago ... Then, I hung a couple of matted/framed landscape photos that a friend of mine took ... Those had been stacked on a chair for several years .... If I'm not careful, I may end up with a nicely decorated apartment!

Now for some chamomile tea, a couple of aleve to ward off the aches and pains, and, God willing, a decent night's sleep .... And then to Mass tomorrow ....

EW, you amaze me ... Taking up riding at 55 .... Damn, now I've just got to give it a try .... Come spring, I'll see if the Rock Creek Park stables here in DC have a nice gentle "nag" about my age in horse years that could take me for a spin :-)))

#47 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

Hey there all! My good things for today are that I made a visit to my friend at the nursing home, came home around 5 pm .... Then, hauled out my toolbox .... Man, was it dusty from lack of use .... And hung a 4 x 6 Pakistani wall hanging on my living room wall.... It's a gorgeous deep red, with touches of orange and burgundy, covered with hand embroidery and small mirrors.. One of my craigslist "finds" that's been rolled up and leaning in a corner since I bought it 4 yrs ago ... Then, I hung a couple of matted/framed landscape photos that a friend of mine took ... Those had been stacked on a chair for several years .... If I'm not careful, I may end up with a nicely decorated apartment!

Now for some chamomile tea, a couple of aleve to ward off the aches and pains, and, God willing, a decent night's sleep .... And then to Mass tomorrow ....

EW, you amaze me ... Taking up riding at 55 .... Damn, now I've just got to give it a try .... Come spring, I'll see if the Rock Creek Park stables here in DC have a nice gentle "nag" about my age in horse years that could take me for a spin :-)))

fivenotions. JMO but you're never to old to learn something new. I had always loved horses as a little girl. Read about them drew pictures of them etc. Anyhow yes my sister taught me to ride and picked out my horse for me. A little horse that is just my size. Thus far I've never hit the dirt but that doesn't mean that the next time I ride I wont. I can't let the fear of the what ifs cause me not to ride. The ride brings me such joy. Anyway I wish the best for you! :hug:

#48 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

FiveNotions. .Yippee..Many great and wonderful improvements to your new palace, fit for a queen. It must look amazing. Your are definitely going to enjoy this new look. What a productive day. It's delightful to hear these wonderful advancements you are making. You have many positives which you posted here..Now enjoy them ins

#49 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

11:30 pm..Day is winding down..Being superbowl Sunday we had many people over for the game. I wasn't planning on being part of this party because I wasn't able to sleep last night even with the ambien..My son asked me to help him with something in the kitchen..That's all you have to ask a full blooded Italian woman..lol lol

There I was with a glass of Pilot Gregio..and poof off I was cooking away. .Lasagna, meatballs, sauce, bruschettas, fried long hot peppers, Caprisi salad and sun dried tomatoes..As soon as I was done people were arriving with pizzas, chicken wings, Chili, green and orang cupcakes, and etc...

Yes I love football, being high school cheerleader I knew all about football..lol lol..All the quests being more my sons age where having more fun listening to me calling the first downs and interferences before they caught it themselves..lol lolI felt like that teenager today and my mind and MOUTH was as sharp as theirs..lol lol.

These positives today only reinforced how sharp my mind still is..lol lol lol

I'm just looking forward to getting a good night sleep tonight!

#50 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

1:28...Positively did receive 4 hours sleep. Very long night with not much to watch on tv..

Seems tired..lol lol..Still took hot bath, washed my hair, brushed teeth...Put deodorant on and now awaiting to get ready to go to my home and pick out my spring clothing to get started on packing for my trip..I'm not leaving for the trip just yet..I enjoy the sl I w packing process...Just put things in suitcase a bit at a time..This takes the stress away from me. I have always been this way..lol lol..

doesn't look like we have any bad weather to contend with today so it's going to be a go..lol lol

paperwork all organized for my income tax to get done and am paperwork in order of my deceased parents income tax to be completed..It's been exhausting and stressful this past year and 1/2 completing their wishes. I positively did complete their wishes...

#51 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

It's positively a good afternoon..Sunshine. .Days are getting a bit longer..Went outside to start my car and it wouldn't start..hmmm. Gee it's only two years old..Second time this winter. .Going to have to call roadside assistance again..Thank goodness for them..

will check in later with more positives..Once I get this car started....

#52 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

Well, I headed out this afternoon to visit my friend in the nursing home ... That didn't happen ... I decided to treat myself to a nice big bowl of vegetable soup with tofu and rice noodles at a little Vietnamese restaurant on the way to the subway .... It was fabulous! Then, I went to the GNC shop next door to pick up a couple of supplement items ... On sale, also a positive .... But, downhill from there .... I nearly fainted in the GNC, held it together and got outside thinking it'd pass and I'd still get the rest of the way to the nursing home ... Nope ... Still felt faint, so hailed a cab and had the fellow bring me right back home .... Now I'm back in my Jammie's sitting on the sofa ...will post this and put myself back to bed and try for a few hours of nap time ....my poor nursing home buddy .... He's going to wonder what's happened to me as I haven't been there since Saturday ... I promise I'll call him this evening .... Oh, yeah, I have a serious telephone phobia ... So if I do call him that'll be a huge positive .... :-)

#53 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

My positives.... Yesterday I felt dreadful , my skin was crawling & burning up but today that has eased. My doctor prescribed something for my VERY upset tummy & fluid tablets for my bloating / fluid retention ....all positive.
Family stresses have eased a little so that's certainly positive.
I'm going to meet a cousin for lunch tomorrow who I haven't seen for a couple of years , hopefully I will feel well enough to go & hopefully that will be a positive.
By the grace of God I woke up this morning .. The biggest positive.
Hoping you're all coping & keep a smile on your dial , you can actually fool your brain into releasing happy hormones by just smiling ..worth a try guys ...xx

#54 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

Well, I headed out this afternoon to visit my friend in the nursing home ... That didn't happen ... I decided to treat myself to a nice big bowl of vegetable soup with tofu and rice noodles at a little Vietnamese restaurant on the way to the subway .... It was fabulous! Then, I went to the GNC shop next door to pick up a couple of supplement items ... On sale, also a positive .... But, downhill from there .... I nearly fainted in the GNC, held it together and got outside thinking it'd pass and I'd still get the rest of the way to the nursing home ... Nope ... Still felt faint, so hailed a cab and had the fellow bring me right back home .... Now I'm back in my Jammie's sitting on the sofa ...will post this and put myself back to bed and try for a few hours of nap time ....my poor nursing home buddy .... He's going to wonder what's happened to me as I haven't been there since Saturday ... I promise I'll call him this evening .... Oh, yeah, I have a serious telephone phobia ... So if I do call him that'll be a huge positive .... :-)

FiveNotions. .You did very well today..Even to the point where you turned yourself around and went home when you felt faint..you do a great job of listening to what your body is saying to you. .keep listening to your body..For me, I always carry a bottle of gatorade with me where ever I go..and even before I leave the house I eat a bannana..Take care and rest up...

#55 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

My positives.... Yesterday I felt dreadful , my skin was crawling & burning up but today that has eased. My doctor prescribed something for my VERY upset tummy & fluid tablets for my bloating / fluid retention ....all positive.
Family stresses have eased a little so that's certainly positive.
I'm going to meet a cousin for lunch tomorrow who I haven't seen for a couple of years , hopefully I will feel well enough to go & hopefully that will be a positive.
By the grace of God I woke up this morning .. The biggest positive.
Hoping you're all coping & keep a smile on your dial , you can actually fool your brain into releasing happy hormones by just smiling ..worth a try guys ...xx

wagtail..:) you just made me smile with your last quote. You most certainly also had another wonderful positive today just by posting. I'm looking forward to hearing of your upcoming visit with a cousin you had not seen in years..I'm praying you will feel good enough to go..And if you are unable to make it; just remember that's ok too...Smile!

#56 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

7:40pm...Didn't I hear that Positively the groundhog didn't see his shadow? Which means only six weeks of winter left? Lol lol lol...Well we are expecting 6 to 12 inches of snow in the next 24 hours..

Car wouldn't start to again..called Roadsistance again (I was at home today when it wouldn't start) sure enough they got it started..Such a nice young man too..He even put my new registration sticker on the windshield..lol lol..

Wish the groundhog prediction had only a half life time (cymbalta) and poof we would only have 3 weeks of winter left..lol

Positive is..Spring is coming anyway...lol lol lol...

#57 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

Listening more positives today..Having worked in both the medical and psychology field until my retirement..I can say both these fields are what I've lived my working years...Today, as a positive, I'm still using it in my everyday life no matter where I am or what I'm doing.

As others here, with their professions and knowledge, I want to cheer you all on as you continue to help others as well as or in spite of your own withdrawl symptoms from Cymbalta..

Good job everyone and thank you..

#58 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

Good mornin' friends!!!!!!!!! A few positives..... Took my 2 g'daughters to the movie and McDonalds on Sunday! I'm awake alive and healthy and blessed far beyond what I deserve! I have so much to be grateful for and I am one grateful old southern gal!!!! Learning more and more to live with an attitude of gratitude and let go of the things I have no control of! That's a  biggie for me! Being codependent.... I wanna "fix" everything and everybody, but that is not my job!  Leaving that to God and He gives me peace! Hugs and prayers as always!!!! clara :D

#59 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

Good mornin' friends!!!!!!!!! A few positives..... Took my 2 g'daughters to the movie and McDonalds on Sunday! I'm awake alive and healthy and blessed far beyond what I deserve! I have so much to be grateful for and I am one grateful old southern gal!!!! Learning more and more to live with an attitude of gratitude and let go of the things I have no control of! That's a  biggie for me! Being codependent.... I wanna "fix" everything and everybody, but that is not my job!  Leaving that to God and He gives me peace! Hugs and prayers as always!!!! clara :D

clara, what a wonderful days you spent on Sunday. You and your granddaughters must be elated spending such a bonding day. What a great positive. Sounds like happiness and you are reconnecting again. What a beautiful way to find the joys of life. Can't wait till you post more positives as they fall upon you...yippee

#60 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Good afternoon. It's snowing away here in NYS expecting more throughout the day and into early evening. It's really beautiful watching these white amazing snowflakes fall..It's easy for me to say thus because I'm inside looking out..lol lol

It's positively beautiful...Going to run outside and start my car and let it run for a while..Many phone call to make and things to get done..Great day to accomplish these tasks inside...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users