#61 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Oh, the positives of living were the weather gets cold. It is positively terrible I had to snow blow 5" of it off my drive. It is positively worse that I had to do it a 5 AM before the wife went to work and even more positively horrible that it was 15F at the time and is now down to 10F with a low below zero tonight. If I was any happier I wouldn't know what to do. And who says I have a negative attitude? lol

#62 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

Oh, the positives of living were the weather gets cold. It is positively terrible I had to snow blow 5" of it off my drive. It is positively worse that I had to do it a 5 AM before the wife went to work and even more positively horrible that it was 15F at the time and is now down to 10F with a low below zero tonight. If I was any happier I wouldn't know what to do. And who says I have a negative attitude? lol

OMG, I haven't laughed this hard in ages .... Reminds me of my years and years in northern NYS ..... :-D

#63 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

Warm hugs for you, fishinghat! You and the wife should pack it up and move down south! We have lots of ppl migrating from colder climes!! We have sunshine here today!!! A huge positive!!!! Hugs and prayers for all in SINbalta land!!!!   clara in Sweet Carolina :D

#64 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Gosh FiveNotions, at least in NYS you expect snow and cold but Missouri usually doesn't get hit like this. We seldom get below 10F in winter and only have 2 or 3 snow falls. NOT this year.

#65 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Fishinghat. .I'm laughing at your post knowing it wasn't pleasant snow plowing 5" in Missouri. .Your attitude was superb. .It's funny how we can laugh at things, like nature, which we have no control over..

you and your wife stay warm tonight...

#66 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

Clara, FiveNotions, Fishinghat. ..No matter where we live we are contending with something..Clara you living in the south seems to be what some of the Northerners would like to feal right now..FiveNotions. .You being in DC ..I honestly don't know what to say about that because I think DC has experienced some unusually unpleasant icy and snowy times this winter season..At least the positive to DC is you don't have and you can use the subway. .that I s a positive. .FishingHat. .really feel where you are might be the most difficult because, like you stated, you only get snow about 3 times a year..

As for us New Yorkers what can I say..Its either a bad winter or a good winter..lol lol We cook more in the winter and ski (not me haven't skied in years)..lol lol.. we grill lots in the summer and swim (yes I do still swim)..lol lol..Late winter we go down South to relax and get warm..lol lol..Fall time we start to feel homey and visit European countries.

Therefore we all share the warm at one point or another..

Enjoy everyone because no matter where we live we became United on this site..Positively!

#67 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

Hi all! My positive for the day was that I went to target to pick up a few things ....and was blown away by all the sensory input ....overloaded but still good ....target sure does use a lot of RED, don't they! And the smells n the food court....my nose is awake again .... I broke down and let myself have a strawberry smoothie ...even tho loaded with sugar it tasted fabulous ..... People watched for a bit, and then was pooped and took a cab for the very short and shld have walked it trip back home... Then I had a great nap, and spent a few hours catching up on the Sochi Olympics....mostly the humorous "fails" reported from the journalist encountering their russian bult hotels .... :-)

Good night, and prayers for all of us ....

#68 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

Today was an Extremely Positive day from am till the present time. It's a biggie for me.

This am I went out to start my car and clean off about 4 inches of snow..

Kept the car running while I attended to my daily hygene and got dressed.

Went out to the car got in it (alone) and drove off. All the time I kept telling myself I can turn the car around and go back home..I ended up going to my hairdresser's and received a color treatment and hair cut. Next I called my manicurist and asked her if she could squeeze me in..There I was getting a manicure and pedicure..

Next I went to have the pressure checked in my tires and had them pressure balanced.

Next I decided to go fill up my car with gas, which I pumped myself.

Stopped at the bank on the way home.

This was not a bad day for an agoraphobiac. .In fact it was an amazing step for me.

Today was the positive of positives for me..

I certainly suprised myself beyond words..

#69 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

Positively going to Dr's today for female checkup..Been holding this off for quite a while due to fears..Today will be the day I will go..The positive here is that I am going and getting it done. .

#70 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Absolutely awesome, Carleeta! .... Yesterday and today!

#71 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

Absolutely awesome, Carleeta! .... Yesterday and today!

Thank you FiveNotions. .Yesterday was grest...I did feel empowered...Today I had my son drive me to the clinic..No no no way was I going for this test alone..But, I did go..Thank God.

#72 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

It's positively a beautifully sunshiny day outside.

I want to commend all the Olympians for their courage and dedication along with their love for reaching their goal and making it to the 2014 Winter Olympics; XXII.

Good Luck to all Olympians!

You are all my Heros; Positively!

#73 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

Hey, I just learned that the wall clock next to my sink makes a "ticking sound"!!!

I was sitting here on my sofa, and realized I was hearing a soft, regular tick ... Thought it was the loud drippy faucet that I'd forgotten to shut off ... Went to check ... Faucet fine...it was the clock I heard ... A low soft sound... Whoopee!

I've had it two years and never heard it .... I think I'm getting my hearing back!

First there was seeing the color red at Target last week .... Like I'd never seen red before .... Of course, that's when I also had my little urinary incontinence episode ... Brought on no doubt by the shock of all that red...

But gee, if I can get some hearing back maybe I'll be able to listen to my beloved classical music again and feel some joy in the experience .... For years I haven't bothered because it's like listening to cardboard .... Nothing there....

#74 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

Hey, I just learned that the wall clock next to my sink makes a "ticking sound"!!!
I was sitting here on my sofa, and realized I was hearing a soft, regular tick ... Thought it was the loud drippy faucet that I'd forgotten to shut off ... Went to check ... Faucet fine...it was the clock I heard ... A low soft sound... Whoopee!
I've had it two years and never heard it .... I think I'm getting my hearing back!
First there was seeing the color red at Target last week .... Like I'd never seen red before .... Of course, that's when I also had my little urinary incontinence episode ... Brought on no doubt by the shock of all that red...
But gee, if I can get some hearing back maybe I'll be able to listen to my beloved classical music again and feel some joy in the experience .... For years I haven't bothered because it's like listening to cardboard .... Nothing there....

FiveNotions. .This sounds like your senses are returning..And you are aware of them. This is fantastic..I'm so happy for you..

#75 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

And today I heard a song that used to mean a lot to me, and I felt an emotional reaction to it, it brought back some memories I'd forgotten, and I felt such pleasure....yesterday I heard my clock and today I heard music....both for the first time in years...this drug robbed me of so much life...I'm so happy I'm off it!

#76 flik76

flik76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To get help and support and to be a help and support.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

How wonderful! I am at day 9 and today I posted a similar thread, my positive however was being able to poop regularly and easily again! But hey, a win is a win and at this point in my recovery I will take any positive! Smiles and good thoughts to all xo

#77 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:49 AM

Hello, great topic!

Day 23, as I woke up, I said to myself that today I would try to focus on good things.

I had not seen this thread, coincidence? anyway, I wrote in my diary that I sleep well and that I thrive at my job. I wake up uncomfortable, been focussing on that...trying to focus on the positive this morning. Hourra! I sleep good.

#78 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

Flight and Gail...yippee. ..post away on this thread. Love to read all the positives, with a few jokes here and there which we easily forget during thus journey. .It's positive you both posted something positive on this thread...

#79 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

I positively hadn't been on in a few days due to positive events..I Flew out Saturday from New York to Florida..Spending quality time with my nieces and their families..

Warm weather feels good, although not too warm.

Viewing the ocean feels tranquil...

Going outside is too easy a task for me here...lol lol lol

Couldn't quite wrap around my head how being an agoraphobiac I don't have fear or anxiety getting on a plane or the flying itself..Guess I just put my trust in the pilots and in God..This is probably my biggest positive....

#80 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

Oh how lovely...the ocean....and warm(er) ... I'd love to be able to just sit under some shade in a comfy chair and watch/listen to it..... Maybe I could do just that later this spring when I'm a bit further into recovery and feeling more stable.... Hmmmm....

and congrats on the no agoraphobia flight! I have a cousin whith agroph. And she also has no trouble flying...says it's because it's a contained space, limited size, etc...now getting to the airport and through the waiting...whole different story....

#81 flik76

flik76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

My positives today, my senses are coming back and I didn't even know I had lost them. I've noticed how fabulous things smelled and tasted and my hearing almost sounds like it's in stereo! Lol not so positive when the kids are fighting but high emotional when you can hear the soft whisper of your 6 six year breathing while sleeping soundly. Must have cried happy tears at least 10 times today, I can feel so much now. Crazy huh?!

#82 flik76

flik76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

lmao! That's the spirit!

#83 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

Oh how lovely...the ocean....and warm(er) ... I'd love to be able to just sit under some shade in a comfy chair and watch/listen to it..... Maybe I could do just that later this spring when I'm a bit further into recovery and feeling more stable.... Hmmmm....
and congrats on the no agoraphobia flight! I have a cousin whith agroph. And she also has no trouble flying...says it's because it's a contained space, limited size, etc...now getting to the airport and through the waiting...whole different story....

FiveNotions. .I truly hope now that your hearing is coming back along with some other senses, this would be a great treat to yourself to go somewhere on vacation..Relax and reward yourself..Yes yes, please do it! The weather truly isn't that warm right now in Florida..Definitely warmer than up north although Florida is having cold weather and lots of rain..Expecting some feeling rain too down here again. For me it's the importance of family..And yes the view of the Emerald Cost is very tranquil. .
I'm positively happy you are improving daily...Thank God...

#84 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

My positives today, my senses are coming back and I didn't even know I had lost them. I've noticed how fabulous things smelled and tasted and my hearing almost sounds like it's in stereo! Lol not so positive when the kids are fighting but high emotional when you can hear the soft whisper of your 6 six year breathing while sleeping soundly. Must have cried happy tears at least 10 times today, I can feel so much now. Crazy huh?!

Flick76..I'm so happy for you..Your senses are coming alive..you are starting to bloom again..God Bless you..

#85 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

It's been positively nutty here visiting family..lol lol..My oldest niece's daughter asked her if I could go bike riding one day with here. My niece told her daughter, gently, "no auntie can't ride a bike she is older now." When my niece told me how sweetly she let her daughter know I couldn't bike ride due to my AGE. .I walked right outside and got on my minces bike and road AROUND the area..Need I say more...My own niece was in awe..my great niece said to her mom " See I told you auntie can still ride a bike because aunin..lol lol
ie always says " you are never too old...and you never forget how to ride a bike....too funny.

I'll tell you all I road like a pro although I didn't admit to anyone my legs are aching like heck..lol lol...Positively know I'm much wiser than my niece...lol lol

Another cute event thus evening...My 17 year old nephew was going to take me for a ride in his truck..He asked me if I needed help getting in..At first I just looked at him as to why he was asking me this...I looked at the truck and, yup it was one of those higher trucks..Iturned to him and said "Well let me try" ..um mm well I did get in by myself..Now its time to get out of the truck..lol lol..I just slid out...lol lol...Then my great nephew finally tells me the step up to the truck was really broken..omg...I still got in..

Well positively I'm a lot younger than they think I am..lol lol

#86 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

Here are some positive things that I just realized...... Since I've been off of cymbalta:

I've quit smoking
I've quit drinking (except for several Guinness stouts I had a craving for a couple weeks ago)
I haven't eaten any sugar or chocolate or candy.
I've stopped drinking diet sodas
I haven't had any coffee or caffeinated tea

Wow.... I've been so busy dealing with withdrawal I forgot about all my bad habits....

#87 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

Congratulations, FiveNotions!  I also have noticed that I haven't had anything to drink since I started this cold turkey thing.  I do still drink coffee though and have noticed that it doesn't taste the same...thinking of switching to tea.

You sound as if you are feeling better - are you?  I am slowly feeling better but am still very tired and can't seem to do anything. 

I'm so happy for you that you have accomplished such positive things! :)  Keep it up!!!

#88 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

Yes, I'm feeling a lot better ...the zaps have stopped, and most other s/es .... Except for excruciating pain in my optic nerves...optic neuritis...ice packs on my eyes and gentle massage of my eye socket seem to help, however...and what's weird is that it comes and goes...I was good earlier today, but this evening it's back ....probably just that my eyes are tied from using them all day... And, a new symptom... Burning sensation on the eyeball itself...all that said, however, I'm so glad that I got off the cymbalta.... And so grateful that I have this place to come to .... I know I cldnt do this alone!

#89 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

I've had many positives on my mini vacation down south.

I have to say I wasn't thinking too much about any of my withdrawl symptoms due to much of my attention was drawn to my nieces and great niece and great nephew..

It's been overwhelming wonderful and positive doing homework with them, making Valentine decorations, Valentine school projects, and watching them write out Valentine cards for school.

Even through my bouts of high anxiety, dizziness, and fear I prevailed.

Everyday is positively a gift and I thank God above he keeps me safe and healthy.

Wishing you all very healthy Valentines Day!

#90 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

Yesterday was a good one! Loved the snow, did a little XC skiing, took lots of pics.... a good day.... went south toward the end of the day!!!!!!!!!!! Too much  activity maybe? Haven't skied in  years, lots of back aches last night! Ugh! Vivid dreams (a rarity for me) awake a 4am.... just sad!!!!  I just want to feel somewhat normal again!!! I hate not knowing what the next hour's emotions are going to bring!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:  I am just so sick of this roller coaster ride!!!!!!!!!!!! :( Sorry, just had to get it out!!! I do continue to pray for all on the forum! So grateful for you all!!! God bless and Happy Valentine's Day!!!!  :wub:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)