1908 replies to this topic

#1891 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

ANFCD, hello!

Great posts, I can see how beautiful you are. The kids are lucky to have you.
That inner quality you have is a blessing. Let's hope that all goes well!

Raven, 15 pounds, how thrilled you must be!

#1892 ANFSCD

ANFSCD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal syndrome

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:57 AM

Good job Raven72.  Weight loss is good for the body and soul.  Thanks for the reply.

#1893 ANFSCD

ANFSCD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:03 AM

Off to the Acupuncturist today. His sessions are by far the most effective treatment so far......a very positive day.  Still detoxing, using a liver cleanse that is releasing all sorts of toxins...and symptoms.  Four days into liver cleanse.... 

#1894 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:31 AM

ANFSCD, interesting. You really believe the liver detox is helping your withdrawal symptoms?  Can you share which detox it is?

#1895 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:12 PM

Well, my positive for the day is that while my psychiatrist has left, one of my previous ones has returned. She has 30 years experience and has seen the elephant. Her and I work together well. Glad I don't have to break in a new dr.

#1896 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:51 PM

Wonderful, FH - no training required! :lol:

#1897 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:17 PM

ANFSCD,  positively happy you found the positive thread and all of us here.  I too became this thread about 3 years ago.  I too am a medical health professional (retired now from that field and the microbiology field) and knew each and everyone one of us here could find something positive daily through our struggle with withdrawal symptoms.

Please keep us posted on your journey.  We all learn new things from each other.  We are a "team" here.

#1898 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:26 PM

Well a positive HELLO to everyone.  I am in SF right now on business.  I am positively happy to say my anxiety level is about a 1.  I was anticipating so many negative thoughts of the "what if's" prior to my leaving NYS.  I did work very hard to reduce this anxiety prior to leaving and it worked.  Happy to say we all still need to practice our meditations, and strategies daily to keep our anxiety level no higher than a 4 or 5.  

I'm extremely tired and was not ready to get to work after all my vacationing.  Work went well today, and waiting for my co worker to get ready as we are going out sight seeing right now.  Yes, it's 5:21pm here and the time difference has me all over the place with my medications.  I'm so off on them because I have more hours in the day...lol lol lol.   Yes, it's only going to last a week and them I'm going to lose those 3 hours again...lol lol lol.

The positive here is I'm in a good pace of movement and back to city life.  

To all of you members, I positively miss all of you and couldn't have done well without ALL of you. 

#1899 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:19 AM

I am positively tired and worn out. I lost my grandmother last night, but she is in a better place. I am positively happy that she is no longer in pain. She had hard but short battle with lung cancer. She is with all her family members now. We used to joke that she did so much good here on earth that when she got to Heaven St. Peter would say "Thank goodness, my relief is here."

#1900 ANFSCD

ANFSCD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:02 AM

Raven-72 so sorry for your loss.  Hang in there, grief is not fun but we need to feel it. ....hang in there. 

fishinghat...I decided to cleanse to help my body get rid of the chemical toxins and hopefully reduce the amount of time spent with these awful withdrawal symptoms.  The company is RBC and my Acupuncturist highly recommended the company. it's a twenty day cleanse.  \

God-like - SF is wonderful...enjoy.

my positive for today is finding this place where others understand this journey.

#1901 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:43 AM

Raven, So sorry for your beloved loss.  My prayers are with you and your family at this time.  I do see how you found something positive out of something so beautiful which has been taken away from you.....

#1902 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:01 PM

positively one more day of this business trip. Will be flying home on Saturday and looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.  Cannot wait to see my grandson on Sunday...it's been a few weeks and going through separation anxiety from him. 

Positively enjoying the wonderful sites here and remembering wonderful memories.  My co worker is enjoying her business trip, once we leave the work environment.  Although, the business trip is very interesting and definitely a benefit to our labs back home.  

Positively checking the weather channel and making sure my flights are in the clear to arrive home on the east coast this weekend.

Stay safe everyone!

#1903 ANFSCD

ANFSCD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:34 PM

Today's Positives: Problematic brain zaps causing me discomfort in last two days are much better today.

Hooked up with a psychologist to work on EMDR and the effects on my brain/body/emotions of cold turkey withdrawals from cymbalta.  Amazingly I have an appointment next Wednesday....wow hope. 

Travel Safe: God-like

#1904 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:56 PM

Positively home and sleeping in my own bed. Oh how I have missed my home environment.  My little feline has been so spoiled since I have been away.  My nephew and future niece were staying here while I was away, with the exception of a week and my cousin who lives next door stayed here 5 of those days and the other two he was here 3 times a day.  Izzy (my cat) missed me for a bit although I heard it wasn't more than one day...lol lol lol

Well since I've arrived home yesterday, I've been jet lagged and my 3 hour time difference is all off.  Way off.

I'm positively blessed to have made very safe trips during these 6 weeks.  At this point I'm a bit stir crazy because I'm not ready for sleep and it's getting to be that time here in NYS. I positively need to get caught it soon because I need to go into work this week at the lab.  But then again what am I worried about because the lab is open 24/7.  Only kidding I need to be there during the day due to the bosses....lol lol lol

Well my anxiety level is about a 1 and that is definitely a plus......

#1905 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:56 AM

Carleeta, so glad you are home safely. I am sure Izzy is happy to see you.

With my 15lb weight loss I was able to work my way into a size smaller jeans.

#1906 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:54 PM

Alright, going to try to get this started again. Because I have good news. When I started off this drug from hell I weighed 315lbs. Since being off of it as of April 1st of 2016 I am now down to 298lbs. To some it might not seem like much, but I feel better each day.

#1907 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:41 PM

That is a very good start. As we say here....Slow but steady like a toad a walkin'.  Time and patience.

#1908 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

CONGRATULATIONS, Raven! :D

Patience is definitely in order here....I think it took about a year for me

#1909 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:23 PM

Oh Raven, the fact that you are feeling better is a good sign.

17 pounds or so is a lot of weight considering that I have four floors to go up with 17 pounds of groceries, too much for me!

You sound better and I am glad for you Raven.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users