#1 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

Am I the only here who feels they want to not visit this forum sometimes because it makes me feel more down? Am I the only one that feels when I'm reading someone else's symptoms I automatically fear or feel those same sympyoms? Am I the only one that can't find on this forum anyone's feedback that all they went through with cymbalta withdrawl is fine and doing well today?

Please give me your honest opinions. Thank you all so much for your responses..Everyone here is so wonderful, loving, supportive, giving, and very special!

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Hi Carleeta, gosh sounds like you're having one of the tough days... Not so much the physical pain, more the emotional and spiritual/psychic stuff.... Yes, I do know what you mean ...and so yes, sometime I do take a "break" from coming here... However, I do keep coming back, because no matter how hard what we describe is... In the midst of it all, I always find humor,courage, and wisdom .... Perhaps we need to make more of an effort to describe the good times and days...even weeks...we are having...it's always easier...and in a way,more interesting...to write and read about the tough things...and I forget to tell my good stories...like yesterday and today .... Yesterday I did 5, count 'em 5, loads of laundry ... Yep, I even sorted lights and darks ... Washed dried folded and put away.... And today I reorganized my kitchen, hauled a set of ancient encyclopedias to my apartment trash room... Using a dolly that I borrowed from maintenance... And now I've got a big pot of home made soup simmering on the stove... In the midst of all this action, I remembered to take all my various supplements and vitamins... And I took time to order more online..... I made an appointment for acupuncture next week .... So yep, I've had two great happy energetic days.... Tomorrow may be different, but I'll deal with it then ...if it actually is bad ...

I still have Swiss cheese for a memory, and my hips ache and oh yeah, I forgot to clean the cat boxes, my hair's a mess and my underwear needs changing .... But I'm alive, and I have my emotions back ... And most of all, I feel HOPEFUL again ....

Don't give up, never ever ..... If you fall down, get up again, and if you fall and can't get up, lie there and keep swinging!!

Hugs and prayers +++

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

Carleeta, I felt the same way when I was suffering but I was constantly reminded by Greenmachine and ladynancy of all the success stories. And I can add also that I know a couple people personally that have very successfully come of cymbalta. You just need to remember that most of the people on this site are here because they are having such a hard time and are looking for some support and advice. Think of the 11 million that are on a ssri and those many (thousands?) that have come off cymbalta and other ssris and have not needed to post here. We are just the "lucky" ones that had to battle through a tough withdrawal. lol Don't get down about it. It really is possible to get off this drug. Not everyone makes it but a lot people have success. Hang in there and keep your chin up. You can do this.

#4 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Fivenations.and Fishinghat Thank you for your replies .Yes that is exactly what I mean..No I'm having great days..and I post them on other threads here lol lol ..No any physical pain I have is not related to Cymbalta. The psych field yes..I find much of my anxiety, fear, panic, and depression I am bringing on myself..which is what I've realized these past few days..

My point exactly with expressing all we did accomplish during the day and and actually how physical we actually are..then we can bring in the parts of the side effects withdrawal symptoms..Members might be more inclined to read something positive we've done in spite of our/ and during our unfortunate side effects..Believe this might give them hope..a bit of humor in things also to ease their minds..Yes I feel this is the way to go

Fishinghat..There are hundreds of threads here and I've researched and Ill come across a few that posted a few times how they came out ok...It's not me personally I'm referring to..it's more pp visiting the sights and only viewing the recent posts which scare them into fear of deciding whether or not to stop this Cymbalta..

Just read a newbie post and that member appeared petrified (for a lack of better words) to even stop cymbalta because of the posts they viewed. It bothered me that this newbie was scared (for a lack of a better word).

Just thinking...us usual members could start out on a positive note or end on a positive note, as to let others know everything is still ok as we go through this withdrawal..because we do have many positive things accomplished during our day even if it's just washing our face and brushing our teeth..That in itself is a positive..

sorry if you both thought I was giving up..

Thank you both...my beat-it-buddies..

#5 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

Am I the only here who feels they want to not visit this forum sometimes because it makes me feel more down? Am I the only one that feels when I'm reading someone else's symptoms I automatically fear or feel those same sympyoms? Am I the only one that can't find on this forum anyone's feedback that all they went through with cymbalta withdrawl is fine and doing well today?

Please give me your honest opinions. Thank you all so much for your responses..Everyone here is so wonderful, loving, supportive, giving, and very special!

Carleeta Sometimes there are dark, down sorta depressing days for me. some days are better. I have had a very difficult time with the Cymbalta w/d. Even at only 1 bead per day. I have found that what has helped me are the ppl here on the forum who have experienced this process of withdrawal. I want one day in my future to be Cymbalta free no matter how long it may take me. What has helped me is to know I can come here and vent and get my frustrations out and I can also come and share my joy and happiness.

We are here for  you, understand what you're going through.

Much love, support and prayers.. :hug:

#6 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Hi Carleeta, gosh sounds like you're having one of the tough days... Not so much the physical pain, more the emotional and spiritual/psychic stuff.... Yes, I do know what you mean ...and so yes, sometime I do take a "break" from coming here... However, I do keep coming back, because no matter how hard what we describe is... In the midst of it all, I always find humor,courage, and wisdom .... Perhaps we need to make more of an effort to describe the good times and days...even weeks...we are having...it's always easier...and in a way,more interesting...to write and read about the tough things...and I forget to tell my good stories...like yesterday and today .... Yesterday I did 5, count 'em 5, loads of laundry ... Yep, I even sorted lights and darks ... Washed dried folded and put away.... And today I reorganized my kitchen, hauled a set of ancient encyclopedias to my apartment trash room... Using a dolly that I borrowed from maintenance... And now I've got a big pot of home made soup simmering on the stove... In the midst of all this action, I remembered to take all my various supplements and vitamins... And I took time to order more online..... I made an appointment for acupuncture next week .... So yep, I've had two great happy energetic days.... Tomorrow may be different, but I'll deal with it then ...if it actually is bad ...

I still have Swiss cheese for a memory, and my hips ache and oh yeah, I forgot to clean the cat boxes, my hair's a mess and my underwear needs changing .... But I'm alive, and I have my emotions back ... And most of all, I feel HOPEFUL again ....

Don't give up, never ever ..... If you fall down, get up again, and if you fall and can't get up, lie there and keep swinging!!

Hugs and prayers +++

fivenotions, Wow what a productive day you had! Made me tired reading about it lol. I can so r/t the Swiss cheese memory and the achy hips. I'm glad that you're alive and have your emotions back and who cares if you've changed underwear or not? Keep up the fight! Much love and encouragement

#7 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

Carleeta Sometimes there are dark, down sorta depressing days for me. some days are better. I have had a very difficult time with the Cymbalta w/d. Even at only 1 bead per day. I have found that what has helped me are the ppl here on the forum who have experienced this process of withdrawal. I want one day in my future to be Cymbalta free no matter how long it may take me. What has helped me is to know I can come here and vent and get my frustrations out and I can also come and share my joy and happiness.
We are here for  you, understand what you're going through.
Much love, support and prayers.. :hug:

Equuswoman. .you are the best! You explain all the good and bad in your posts..Your posts are priceless to new and old members..In actuality I look forward to your posts not only for myself but for all the others who read them..I thank you for everything you give to this forum. .God Bless you!

#8 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

Carleeta, I felt the same way when I was suffering but I was constantly reminded by Greenmachine and ladynancy of all the success stories. And I can add also that I know a couple people personally that have very successfully come of cymbalta. You just need to remember that most of the people on this site are here because they are having such a hard time and are looking for some support and advice. Think of the 11 million that are on a ssri and those many (thousands?) that have come off cymbalta and other ssris and have not needed to post here. We are just the "lucky" ones that had to battle through a tough withdrawal. lol Don't get down about it. It really is possible to get off this drug. Not everyone makes it but a lot people have success. Hang in there and keep your chin up. You can do this.

fishinghat, so very true. Had I not found this forum I would have NEVER been able to wean off this nasty drug. It was you and thismoment who were here when I came on board. I will be always grateful to y'all for that! love U TheEquuswoman

#9 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Equuswoman. .you are the best! You explain all the good and bad in your posts..Your posts are priceless to new and old members..In actuality I look forward to your posts not only for myself but for all the others who read them..I thank you for everything you give to this forum. .God Bless you!

Aww thank you Carleeta for your kind words. I know that they are heartfelt. I have really sometimes let it all hang out so to speak. I know that the forum members here know and understand what it is I may be going through. The thing about the newbies (I was a newbie 3 months ago) when I was surfing the internet to find help to get off this nasty drug. I do know that some ppl are helped by taking this medication. PPl like me who take it for pain relief. I just can not continue  on it even tho it "might" be helping. Due to the SE of it I want off....Just know that you will have good bad and sometimes "ugly" days! Sorry for that bit of Clint Eastwood humor....lol

Feel free to come here to the forum unload it and know we understand! Much love support & prayers darlin' :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users