#31 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

Here is the statement from the FDA on the Wellbutrin generic not being equivalent.

http://www.fda.gov/D...s/ucm322161.htm

#32 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Fda has not issued any statements on the generic cymblata nor does it show on the "study" list for them.

#33 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

I couldn't find any reference to troubles with the generic Cymbalta that was different than the brand name, except postings on our site. lol

The FDA has reviewed and rated all the generic Cymbalta and has rated them as "AB", which means they are equivalent to the brand name BUT if you look at the criteria it only mentions the ability to deliver an equivalent dose of medicine. FDA does note that the generics contain different filler, colorings and other non-active ingredients than the brand name. They do not test these non-active ingredients.

#34 FriEED

FriEED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

I too was on the original Cymbalta withthe small beads...I was removing 1 bead a day and got to 16 removed when I got my generic; it only had six pellets inside the capsule. So I went ahead and removed one pellet and haven't had any problems. I'm on day three now. Before, with the orignal formula, I had a terrible time at the the rate of one small bead. Not sure, but the generic seems to be easier to tolerate titrating down...even though it's 5mg a pellet.

#35 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

Hi FriEED, welcome!

What dose have you been on and for how long? Have you quit already or are you preparing to do so? Bead counting or cold turkey?

We care, and we're here to help!

#36 FriEED

FriEED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Thanks FiveNations - I've been on Cymbalta since June 6th, 2007. Don't ask...just have a goofy thing about remembering dates. Tried several times in the past to quit with abrupt withdrawa, wasn't pretty. Started beed counting a couple of months ago, not so easy going down by even one bead a day. 16 pills into my downward titration and the new generic arrived. I had 14 old pills left, so I ramped back up to a full pill of 280 beads...then removed one pellet from the generic. I'm now on day four. I remove only one pellet with a remainder of five for now. I may wait another week before I remove two pellets...so far so good :)

#37 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

Wow, sounds like this is going very well for you (to the extent that cymbalta/duloxetine withdrawal can be "very well"... Hehe)

Just bear in mind that some, myself included, have had bad reactions to the generic....seems to depend on the dose, the manufacturer, etc...for example, my generic was 60 mg, made by Citron in India....awful stuff...

However, your experience with duloxetine seems to be very different...easier to wean, not harder..and despite the difference in number and dose of the beads....

Any info on, experiences with, the generic you can post here will be very important for others...

Who is the maker of your generic? How many mg per full dose? How many beads/pellets in it?

Goes to show that there's no one right way for everyone to do this...I'm so happy for you to be having a relatively smooth withdrawal!

#38 FriEED

FriEED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

Forgot to mention that it's 30mg I've been on. The new generic is from India as well...Lupin makes it. So far, it's going better than I thought it would. Lupin offers 6 pellets (beads) in their 30mg pill

#39 GinnyKim61

GinnyKim61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMicigan
  • why_joining:
    Withdrawal from Cymbalta.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

Great posts here. My cymbalta devils are Teva also and I haven't had any bad side effects except going off of them.

What I know is, after going off of many things over the years, take it slow and easy. Be kind to yourself and don't rush it. Life is too short to live it feeling horrible by pushing ourselves to hard.

After reading that some Cymbalta brands have only 6 little tablets in them it makes me kind of happy mine have more. My suggestion would be to break these tablets in half or even fourths if possible and then you could go much slower. I would also extend the time between going on less. I was on Klonipen and had to go off of it very slowly. I was down to quarter of quarters before I could finally go off and it took months. But I did it.

Recovery is progress not perfection. You will get there.

We are Overcomers my friends!

#40 Wow

Wow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

I also take the generic manufactured by Lupin. There are 12 small tablets in a 60 mg capsule. Making each tablet 5 mg. I started today removing 1 tablet. I plan to keep doing that for one week, then try removing 2 tablets the next week and so on. I just started taking Cymbalta again on Friday after trying to go cold turkey 2 weeks ago. The first week I was fine and the second week I really thought I was dying. I hope the slow wean is less traumatic!

#41 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

And, you can always slow it down even more, Wow...just 1 bead every 2 weeks, for example...it all depends on what your own brain and body can handle...

You're doing great! Keep us posted!

#42 Wow

Wow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:28 AM

I also take the generic manufactured by Lupin. There are 12 small tablets in a 60 mg capsule. Making each tablet 5 mg. I started today removing 1 tablet. I plan to keep doing that for one week, then try removing 2 tablets the next week and so on. I just started taking Cymbalta again on Friday after trying to go cold turkey 2 weeks ago. The first week I was fine and the second week I really thought I was dying. I hope the slow wean is less traumatic!

#43 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

Go as slow as you need to...give your brain and body all the time they need to readjust to the lowered doses...you'll still likely have some effects, but they'll be less extreme and you'll feel more in control of the process.

Be gentle with yourself today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users