#1 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

Nasty drug oh how I despise it and all that it has done to me.... :angry:

Will be so glad to be OFF this poison.

Want to know just what exactly it has done to me...

They didn't fill my Mobic and I've been off of it for 48 hours. Man can I tell the difference.

Ah well will just swallow a bunch of generic Motrin.

Counting down the days until I'm done with the nasty Cymbalta.

Regret the day I ever took that first blue/green capsule....

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

Why wouldn't they refill the Mobic? Don't mean to be nosey, but adding in more physical pain or, God forbid, another withdrawal process just sounds awful.....

#3 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

Not sure FiveNotions I feel it was an over sight. Will call Monday. Took generic Motrin and that has helped somewhat. Of course the sunshine coming back some day will help as well...lol

Hope you are doing well :hug: TheEquusWoman

Why wouldn't they refill the Mobic? Don't mean to be nosey, but adding in more physical pain or, God forbid, another withdrawal process just sounds awful.....

#4 carolberri

carolberri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

today is the third day of counting beads...already having a hard time sleeping without meds. feel nausea and want to purge, but I am fighting it...I am on 60 mgs of the devil's pills for 7 years now..maybe more..have no memory, no concentration since I started on them. But I am scared that I won't sleep..I nearly panic when I don't sleep. Once I didn't sleep for 6 days and was in the hospital then on to the mental ward, held overnight then sent home..My biggest fear so far, taking only 5 beads a night of my generic, duloxetine, so I have the itty bitty little balls that roll every where, I found putting them in a dark hat kept them off the floor..I have been posting all over the place, can't seem to organize my thoughts and figure out if I am off topic...my brain is dead....well sorry about that...I will see if I can find this post next time I come here..I intend to drop 7 balls next week, going super slow

#5 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

Hi and welcome. I had to wean very slowly to rid myself from this poison. I'm now 42 days off this nasty drug. Positive thoughts and prayers for you. TheEquusWoman♥

#6 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

Caraloberri, you've clearly got a good basic plan of action going!

One thought....do you know how many beads your generic has in it? I don't know enuf about the generic and bead counting, but if the 60 mg generic has fewer beads than the 60 mg brand capsule, each of your beads has more of the poison in it....meaning you might want to remove even fewer beads at a time...go even slower in the weaning....

.what matters is that you not push yourself beyond the limits of what you can tolerate....that's a sure fire recipe for failure to quit the poison....slow but sure....give your body and brain extra time to adjust as you reduce the drug....

Also, sleep...rest...is essential....do you have something to take for sleep....and anxiety? (If you've posted that elsewhere here already, I apologize...)

I'm so glad you're here with us.....keep posting!

#7 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

Carolberri

Don't worry, you can do this.

First- if you can't sleep, get that addressed with your physician, and if you're having anxiety, get that addressed too- maybe a benzo taken ONLY as needed.

Next- as FN said, you need to know how many beads are in a capsule so that you can plan a weaning-off schedule. Here is where your family can help- if you're having trouble concentrating, have a family member count the beads.

Finally- once you know how many beads are in a capsule, plan a slow reduction over about 90 days. Let us know the number of beads in a capsule and we can help with the schedule. As you taper off, things could get rough and you may have to pause from time to time and stop reducing the dosage. After a few days when you fell stable again, continue the weaning.

This can feel overwhelming at first, but your family will help and we will help. You have a journey ahead of you, but you are NOT alone on this mission!

Best wishes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users