Photo

Cymbalta Cold Turkey Day 5. Couldn't Take It Anymore And Took Another Dose.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 coldturkeysofar

coldturkeysofar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

I stopped taking 60mg Cymbalta Sunday after about 2 years on it. No problem through Tuesday other than some light fatigue and brain zaps. Then yesterday, Wednesday, the fatigue and brain zaps got really bad, and I started to have light and noise sensitivity. Today it's been pretty awful and seems to be getting worse as the day progresses. I've been trying to tough through it, but the light and noise sensitivity were really getting to me today, and I took 30mg to ease the withdrawals.

I was going to try to just cold turkey it until the withdrawal symptoms lessened, but I have to drive two hours tomorrow, and don't want all this going on during it. Like I mentioned, I took 30mg of Cymbalta this afternoon, and plan on doing the same tomorrow morning, which gets me to my questions:

For people that have cold turkey'd and then gotten back on Cymbalta, should I be feeling "better" tomorrow? How long did it take to reduce withdrawals after resuming your dosage? Light brain zaps and fatigue are fine, and I can deal with them. It was the light and noise sensitivity that broke me today. I just need the symptoms to lessen a bit for the weekend. Also, how far will this likely set me back in terms of getting passed the withdrawal symptoms? I'm thinking about just doing the bead counting weaning starting at 100 beads this weekend, which will take me about 20 days to get off of because the withdrawals were just getting worse as the days passed rather than starting out bad and then getting better.

Thanks!

#2 LindaVandy

LindaVandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA
  • why_joining:
    I had to quit and I needed help, I got it

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

don't set unrealistic goals, there is no science to this, your brain has to learn to regulate itself again, and that is a tricky business. i went cold turkey off 30mg last april (started at 120 the previous december), and i still struggle. this is not meant to dissuade you, rather, to let yourself "heal" without setting up too many expectations. lady2882nancy got me through the worst, but then i was alone and silent for a long time. find friends on this board and find ways to cope. i think how long it takes to get through this depends on what other drugs you are on, what you eat, etc. and how much pain you are in. it has been the most isolating time of my life, made recovering from a stroke feel like childs play. find support where you can! i'm finally crawling out from under the rock from time to time and it's getting easier, but doubt, anxiety and other fun symptoms still creep in. at least i know now it will stop though there were times i thought i wouldn't and not one doctor would help me in any way so dig deep. trust in yourself (you will doubt yourself like never before) and be nice to yourself. if you have someone who loves you, keep them close, you will get better, it just takes time.

#3 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

Coldturkeysofar..Welcome to the forum..You ask good questions here..Since you already experienced side effects which became difficult for you and your upcoming travel tomorrow and you incorporated the 30mgs I would suggest you start with bead counting.

I'm not certain when this 30 mg will kick in, and I don't want to worry you although you might still experience withdrawl symptoms due to the 60mg to the 30mg drop ..Although to what extent these symptoms will be is uncertain since everyone experiences withdrawls at different degrees..

More supportive and loving members will soon be chiming in with their experiences and comments on your posts..

Please keep us updated here because your post is important to us and will serve as an asset to others.

Best of luck to you...

#4 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

Welcome Coldturkeysofar....You will be so happy that you have joined us on this forum.  I quit cold turkey and am now in my 5th week.  I went through the first 2 weeks from hell - headache feeling like my head would explode and much weepiness...

I never went back to taking any, so cannot help you there.  I still feel extremely tired and lethargic, but it is getting better slowly.  I also quit Lyrica cold turkey at the same time.

If you are able to, I would recommend the bead counting method.  It seems to be much less severe from what I have read from others. The people on here are the kindest, most supportive, wonderful friends that I have come to know with never having seen them!    :)  Please feel free to post what you are feeling, ask questions and just vent!

I offer you my support and will keep you in my thoughts.  Please keep us posted as to how you are doing!

Liz

#5 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

I stopped taking 60mg Cymbalta Sunday after about 2 years on it. No problem through Tuesday other than some light fatigue and brain zaps. Then yesterday, Wednesday, the fatigue and brain zaps got really bad, and I started to have light and noise sensitivity. Today it's been pretty awful and seems to be getting worse as the day progresses. I've been trying to tough through it, but the light and noise sensitivity were really getting to me today, and I took 30mg to ease the withdrawals.

I was going to try to just cold turkey it until the withdrawal symptoms lessened, but I have to drive two hours tomorrow, and don't want all this going on during it. Like I mentioned, I took 30mg of Cymbalta this afternoon, and plan on doing the same tomorrow morning, which gets me to my questions:

For people that have cold turkey'd and then gotten back on Cymbalta, should I be feeling "better" tomorrow? How long did it take to reduce withdrawals after resuming your dosage? Light brain zaps and fatigue are fine, and I can deal with them. It was the light and noise sensitivity that broke me today. I just need the symptoms to lessen a bit for the weekend. Also, how far will this likely set me back in terms of getting passed the withdrawal symptoms? I'm thinking about just doing the bead counting weaning starting at 100 beads this weekend, which will take me about 20 days to get off of because the withdrawals were just getting worse as the days passed rather than starting out bad and then getting better.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the support forum for stopping Cymbalta. I am doing the bead counting method to rid myself of this poison. I began my bead counting on Nov 3rd, I think...maybe the 7th. It doesn't matter really. What matters is that I am slowly and steadily weaning off this nasty drug.

I tried to come off this drug following my pain physician's instructions...couldn't do it...

Let us know how you're doing on your journey. :hug:

#6 considering

considering

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, Oregon
  • why_joining:
    weaning off Cymbalta

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

Coldturkeysofar, I've been weaning for a few weeks now. I had a point where I cut my dose too quickly and had severe vertigo, so I went back up to the previous dose. My spinning head stopped by that evening. So I hope that by now you are feeling better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users