• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Papin

Papin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

Slooooowly but surely I'm getting there. However, I'm having a difficult time going lower than 20mg. I've tried removing 2 beads at a time and the headaches, nightmares, mood swings and nausea are brutal.
Any advice?
TY!

#2 Papin

Papin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

Been at 20mg for almost 3 weeks btw.

#3 flik76

flik76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To get help and support and to be a help and support.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:17 AM

Hi Papin. Hmm, we don't have 20mg in Australia. I went down to 30mg then 30mg every second day, then off. There are a few people here counting beads, from what I've read they take 1 bead out pet day, those who take more, stabilize for a week or so before taking more out.

#4 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

Hi papin, I'm so sorry  ur having such a tough time. Maybe stay on the full 20 for a few days, get to feeling better, then take out 1 bead per day. Others on the forum are using ginger to help w/ the nausea. You might need a very small dose of something else to help you. I wish I knew more! Fishing hat can def' help you there! Hugs and prayers for you! clara :)  Keep us posted on your progress! We're in this with you!

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

Bad news Papin. Sorry to hear that. Many people experience things getting worse at the end but that is pretty bad. I think Clara has the right idea. Stay at 30 until stable and then try 1/day. Heck if that doesn't work try 1 every other day. Whatever it takes to get it done. Your body may just need some healing time as well. If the real slow rate doesn't work you might have to stay at 20 for a couple three weeks to give your body a chance to figure out how your nerves are suppose to act without Cymbalta. Patience my friend.

Best of luck.

#6 Papin

Papin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. It means a lot. I'll just have to keep trying.

#7 zapped

zapped

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVA
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta side effects (fatigue, severe depression) costing me my life

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

Good luck Papin!

Day 6 for me w/ no cymbalta, since going from 90 - 60 - 30 - 0 over the course of a week.

Still getting the brain zaps and other side effects.  Lol, didn't know what people were talking about with the uncontrollable sobbing, until yesterday.

I just hope you have a good support group around you.  After lasting 1.5 hours at work yesterday before having what can best be described as panic attacks, shaking...my bosses agreed to let me work from home until I get myself sorted out.  This is huge for me.

And my wife now realizes I dont hate her and the kids, she has done a 180  now that I have been honest what I am going through, very supportive. 

And this board is awesome.  I'll quit rambling, but please reach out to anyone that can help by listening, do your best to get yourself in a position you are most comfortable.  Better days have to be ahead, can't get much worse than this!!! 

#8 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

Hang in there Zapped. I am really glad your wife is supporting your efforts. That can really make a difference. You have some tough days ahead but you will get through it. This is a time to take it easy and spoil yourself. Take as much stress of your body and mind and give yourself some time to adapt.

Best wishes.

#9 aMarie

aMarie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:08 AM

I Papin, what has helped me is plenty foods that are rich in choline like eggs, Daily B and multi vitamins, fish oils, redbull, generally eating healthy or thing like sustagen and lots of rest. hope all goes well, go as slow as you can

#10 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

zapped, Hang in there! Brighter days are ahead for you!!! clara

#11 Papin

Papin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

Hi Marie. Thanks for responding. Unfortunately I've been doing all those things and yet the withdrawal effects persist and worsen. I'm trying to tough it out. If things don't improve I may need to go the Prozac route.

#12 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

GI upset is a big issue for me. The dogs are lying here with me and wondering if I will ever (personally) walk them again!! -_-

#13 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

xman1, for most the stomach issues usually start to let up around the 3rd or 4th week. And don't worry about the dogs. They can feel your pain and will keep you company until you get back on your feet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users