• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wonderwoman

Wonderwoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:35 AM

I had to withdraw cold turkey not by choice. I went to the health food store and got HTP. It is a natural form for serotonin. There are other all naturals products you can get. Some research would help. But they will help you too. Whether cold turkey or weaning your body can be at risk with the sudden change. I had no choice because I was getting my medicine from Lilly and once a year you have to redo everything and it took four months by then I was on my own.

#2 Wonderwoman

Wonderwoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:26 AM

If doctors would prescribe all naturals methods we wouldn't be here. But they would not get any kickbacks and the pharmaceutical companies would go under.

#3 Wonderwoman

Wonderwoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

Update two weeks today and free. Recommend all natural but have had no response. You don't have to suffer I had. ALL the symptoms you l have too. Cold turkey and 5HTP saved me. With no dangers, no beads no more worries.

#4 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

Congrats on your two weeks! Are you having any withdrawal symptoms at all?

You may well be in the group of individuals who have a relatively easy time getting off cymbalta....if so, count yourself as Blessed....

most of us here are in the group that have to struggle.... And for whom no one thing has been the perfect solution.....we have to work through each and every symptom, trying different things...and doing so very cautiously....having been the victims of cymbalta and Eli Lilly, I guess we're just reluctant to take anyone's word for anything drug-related at face value anymore....we check and re-check even amongst ourselves....and correct each other's errors....because we don't want anyone to suffer any more than we already have...

Some of us, myself included, have tried 5-HT....we've had different reactions to it....for example, it made me feel awful, even in tiny doses...by that I mean opening a 500 mg capsule and pouring just a fraction of it into an empty capsule....

Because of that, I will not recommend it definitively, just as a tentative suggestion....and, this is evidence that it isn't a cure-all for everyone....

For a bit more insight into the risks of using amino acids, you might want to read this discussion thread.... https://www.cymbalta...id-supplements/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users