• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Disneymom

Disneymom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

Hi, thought I'd give an update. It's been a week since I went cold turkey. This week hasn't been a good one at all. Lots of rage, mood swings, brain zaps, feeling like a zombie, slow thought process, ear ache, head ache, sore body and practically hating my husband for no real reason. Just the sight of him was annoying to me. I'm sure you guys can relate. Haha

I started taking fish oil, B complete and a liquid liver cleanse drink. I spent Sunday outside at a soccer game which caused me to sweat. I actually felt good.

I think I'm starting to get better. I'm still easily irritated and I feel like I have a mild flu. I'm not sure if Im actually sick or if that achy feeling and mild fever is a withdrawal symptom.

I think I'm on my way to getting better. Just drinking lots of water and taking the vitamins. I do think you need to flush this junk out of your system which is why sweating outside felt good to me.

I was having a very desperate moment and almost started taking it again to start bead counting. I'm glad I didn't. I'll take a bad week or two as long as I can see the light!

Going to relax this weekend and go lay at the beach. Maybe that will help my cranky mood. Now just need to see if I can start to tolerate my husband again. That's how I will really know I'm on the mend. :)

This forum has been so helpful to me. Not sure what I would have done without it!

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

Yep, you're right on track...although I'm a bit jealous...I never got the ear ache thingy...also, you're way ahead of me in going to a soccer game...at that time in my process I was still flat on my back in bed!

and I'm so thankful that I'm not married....I'd have ended up being served with divorce papers...

Don't ever give in to the temptation to go back on it without checking in here first...Fishinghat stopped me from doing that...and sure enuf, the horrid stuff was gone by the next day...

Beach? You can go lie on the beach? Ooohhh........

#3 Disneymom

Disneymom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

We'll see if I get the divorce papers. Hahaha he seemed pretty close to it. I can't blame him, I practically beat him up for parking in the garage or I scream at him for feeding the cats late. Poor guy.

My thought process is still slow. I pulled right in front of another car yesterday causing them to hit my bumper. Everyone us fine but it really makes you think about things you maybe shouldn't be doing.

I have to be at work during this mess since I'm training for a new position. I have to say, I'm guessing I won't have many friends. I come off like a big witch! I feel like I should give everyone a disclaimer about my moods. Lol

The only one that hasn't been effected is my kitty. My husband asked why I'm still nice to the cat and I believe my response was " because cats love you no matter what. I should have married him". LMAO not sure what will come out of my mouth during this time.

We are all crazy together I guess. :)

#4 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

Disneymom. .You are funny..lol lol lol...Have to agree with yoi..I never know what's going to come out of my mouth either..lol lol..

Yes please be careful when operating machinery..This should be a label when coming off cymbalta too..lol ol lol..It's not really funny...Its true. .

Might be a good idea to tell colleges you are having difficulty with a med and it's side effects and tell them to please bear with you at this time..

Yippeee. .going to the beach..Nice! Last month I went to Florida, although it was chilly with rain..hmmm

Enjoy that beach ...We are getting our big Lion of a snow storm from tonight thru Thursday. .ughh! Enough already..lol l o l

Please keep us posted on your progress..We are here for you..

#5 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

Hi, thought I'd give an update. It's been a week since I went cold turkey. This week hasn't been a good one at all. Lots of rage, mood swings, brain zaps, feeling like a zombie, slow thought process, ear ache, head ache, sore body and practically hating my husband for no real reason. Just the sight of him was annoying to me. I'm sure you guys can relate. Haha

I started taking fish oil, B complete and a liquid liver cleanse drink. I spent Sunday outside at a soccer game which caused me to sweat. I actually felt good.

I think I'm starting to get better. I'm still easily irritated and I feel like I have a mild flu. I'm not sure if Im actually sick or if that achy feeling and mild fever is a withdrawal symptom.

I think I'm on my way to getting better. Just drinking lots of water and taking the vitamins. I do think you need to flush this junk out of your system which is why sweating outside felt good to me.

I was having a very desperate moment and almost started taking it again to start bead counting. I'm glad I didn't. I'll take a bad week or two as long as I can see the light!

Going to relax this weekend and go lay at the beach. Maybe that will help my cranky mood. Now just need to see if I can start to tolerate my husband again. That's how I will really know I'm on the mend. :)

This forum has been so helpful to me. Not sure what I would have done without it!

Hang in there it does get better so I've heard. I couldn't go cold turkey but had to go the bead counting way. I hope things continue to improve for you and I'm sure that they will. It helped my DH to read the info here on the forum. It helped him to understand what I was experiencing coming off this poison. Prayers for you. Keep us updated! :hug:

#6 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

Hang in there Disneymom. It will get better. And yes, I agree with EW.... get your husband to read some of the posts here for some insight into just what's going on with you. It will help. He needs to know this is not you, it's the w/ds! Keep up the good fight and take care of yourself! Keep us posted! Prayers and hugs for you!!!   clara :)

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

Hey EW, down to around 6 beads now right?

#8 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

DisneyMom: "We are all crazy together I guess."

Well said, DM!

I think you're amazing for being able to start a new job!

This whole process is so hard, impossible perhaps, for those we love to truly comprehend....

I'm not married, but my best friend, who was initially so very supportive, now keeps asking why I'm still sick, why this, why that....I've explained what's going on, the drug, the struggles, to him repeatedly...but he seemed to forget immediately and go back to asking...nagging...I finally wrote him a detailed, and long, email letter....explaining cymbalta, what it does to us while we're on it, and why it's so hard to get off..I also gave him some statistics...how many of us there are in the same boat, trying to get off, etc.....

And I asked him to read it carefully, that it's very important for him to "take in" ..... At least for now, it seems to have registered...I guess, every time he forgets again and starts up nagging, I'm going to resend him the same letter...sigh....

I would feel so isolated and forlorn and hopeless if not for all of you...and my 3 cats! .:-D

I'm praying for you!

#9 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

Hey EW, down to around 6 beads now right?

Ah my darlin' fishinghat...I have 7 more evil nasty vile devil's beads to swallow and then I'm done...

Only wish I know what was in store when the last of the nasty leaves my system but come what may, I have this wonderful forum filled with friends who have gone before me. Friends that know how it is to go to hell and back. Thank you for thinkin' of me. You are a sweetheart!

Much love,

TheEquusWoman :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users