#121 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:21 AM

Hi all,

closing in on 4 months off... YAY, I still have some affects with head stuff... I'm wondering if any of you long time users like my self.. over 10 years... Had an issue with diarrhea after coming off for some time.. I am having the issue.. Chatted with my Dr. and she said it possibly could be from coming off cymbalta... any one else... if so how long did it take to become normal again??? TY and I pray all are doing well....... I'm sooo glad I came off this drug now.. but what a bitch .... 

#122 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

DLMJ

Congratulations on 4 months off !! 

I cannot help with any info on your problem as that is (fortunately) one problem I did not have - well, maybe a few times but not for any length of time.  Hopefully someone will pop on here soon who can give you some advice.

Keep hanging in there and thanks for keeping us posted! :)

#123 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:21 AM

Diarrhea after coming off the Cymbalta?  Definitely.  It lasted about 4 weeks and then slowly tapered off.

#124 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

Dlmj, I'm close to 4 mo., starting 15th week being off the shit, but still dealing with major shits;) I don't dare eat anything within 3 hours of leaving the house or without a Depends on!! Humiliating:( Shit myself at the market while waiting outside the 'throne room' while the gal in there must've been giving birth:( UUURRRGHG...I know, TMI,,right?! So, in shit, I mean in short, I still have the shitz 6-8 X's a day...I thought maybe it was too much Magnesium, but after your post could it still be the Shit drug still dancing in my gut?! Good grief, how much more indignity can be left in this discontinuation?!

Misery loves company in this instance;) Glad you're hanging in there & keep the faith...Time & Patience (TP - Pun intended!)

Be well and take care

#125 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

Hi all,

closing in on 4 months off... YAY, I still have some affects with head stuff... I'm wondering if any of you long time users like my self.. over 10 years... Had an issue with diarrhea after coming off for some time.. I am having the issue.. Chatted with my Dr. and she said it possibly could be from coming off cymbalta... any one else... if so how long did it take to become normal again??? TY and I pray all are doing well....... I'm sooo glad I came off this drug now.. but what a bitch .... 

not the most pleasant of topics, but one to which i can relate. i have had this problem off and on since i stopped the C 18 weeks ago. i think it happens for several reasons. first, cymbalta is constipating for many if not most of us. whenever i would forget to take a dose when i was still on it, the first reminder that i forgot to take my meds was getting diarrhea. so when i was in my weaning phase and then stepped off the cliff, it was pretty chronic for weeks. also, cymbalta made me gain 20 pounds. when i quit, i think the runs was how my body shed those pounds. i've never regained an ounce, i've actually lost a pound or two more in the past few weeks. the third reason i still get diarrhea is due to the continued anxiety i have since quitting. diarrhea is a major phsyical symptom of anxiety. it goes away when i get the anixety under control

so yes, its normal - you and i have about the same amount of time off the drug. its not near as bad for me asit used to be.

#126 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

OMG Thank you all for your honesty!!!

" CYMSIK" I'm laughing my ass off.. so sorry you have had this happen to you...!!!

.. I guess I'm expecting my body to adjust to fast.. I went into my Dr. and told her what was going on.  She as well thought it was the withdrawal of the shitbalta,  these past two weeks things seem to be getting a bit better. But out of the blue it can strike. WHAT freaking hell this is.. AND I have to keep in mind how long I was on this stuff. I am still having head issues off and on.. One day I'm good and the next I can't drive I have to much brain fog. Like I told my Dr. another hurdle I got over,  she agreed.  She is not the Dr. that put me on this evil med so I can't blame her . I  told her I went on cuz it was supposed to be the cure all for fibro. But soooo glad now that I got off. It's not a journey I've share with many people. If I did next thing ya know I'd be called  a drug addict. I'm just glad I'm not working right now and home to get through this.. My next adventure is Back surgery in Nov.  I just want to be done with all this..... and as normal as possible.... On a positive note, I went to my step daughters bridal shower and it was lovely. Ate and was good. whew. wedding is Nov. 15th.. and I have a black and silver dress to wear.. Safe color.. hahahaha.

Thanks for your honesty and in put. it sure does help to know we are not alone in and through all this.

#127 Cissy

Cissy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

I was changed to the generic before I started the withdrawal. My withdrawal from the generic Cymbolta has been a total nightmare !

#128 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

Hi Cissy,

Yes when I got changed it was a night mare as well.. I was totally thrown for a loop. It was awful.. the only good thing that came from it was that the beads in the capsule were 4 large pellets, so the counting method was a little easier... Good luck I hope ur doing well now.. I'm getting there... what a haul ha.

#129 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

Cissy and dlmj...... I urge you to insist that your doc switch you back to the brand....yes, there are lots more of those pesky beads, but that's a huge plus for being able to dose down more gradually....

Each of those few beads in the generic contains a huge dose of the crapalta....with smaller beads and more of them, you can bead count down at much smaller increments, and thus adjust how many you remove depending on how your body/brain is feeling....

Another issue with the generics is that that they aren't necessarily identical to the brand....the key ingredients may be the same, but the ingredients in the capsule itself are different....and, the actual chemical method of delivery/release is different....because the patent only covers the drug itself....the generic cos make the rest up as they go....they don't get the Lilly recipe for the capsules or the release mechanism as part of the off patent deal....

Another issue is that most of the generics are made by cos in India, Mexico and latin America, and ...the one that's caused huge problems and lawsuits already in Canada...made in Turkey..... These are countries with Zero quality control.... it's a total crap shoot as to what you're actually putting into your body with the generic.....

And, proof positive is that Lots of us, myself included, have had bad run ins with being on the generic, as well as harder getting off it experiences.... I took one dose of the Teva generic last December and nearly went Into a psychotic episode....that's what resulted in me quitting cold turkey....

#130 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:29 PM

Five Notions thanks for this info.. I didn't have a choice in the generic.. my Dr. did finally get me the name brand.. but I was already in the throws of the generic and started weening.

I'm not sure if that process hurt me or not. I am now celebrating 5 months off the crap. I still am having lot's of issues. As well as now coming off the prozac that I was put on during the transition... 

I actually had a Dr. visit and it was suggested that I go back on..... NOPE ... my back surgery is coming up the 20th of Nov. and I am anxious to get over that hurdle.. I know it's not gonna be an easy ride..

I'm still having daily headaches, loose stools and malis.. could still be lyme acting up.. but I am still going to keep pushing forward to be off most all of the medication I'm on.. I'll try to stop by and check in.. IF I don't before the holiday season I want to wish you all a happy holiday season with out any lingering affects of this nastiness. And mostly I want to say thank you for all the support , information that was shared here with me , and helped me get through this difficult process. It made a huge difference for me... I am grateful for the time spent by all in writing messages of support, humor, and just sharing your personal stories... with that I send many blessings out to you all.....: )

#131 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

Hi All ,,,,

Wanted to stop in and say HI!! I'm still free of cymbalta.. YAY.. I have back surgery on NOV 20th,,, Wow what a ride.. things were worse in there than the MRI and Xrays were showing.. so good explanation for the lumbar pain . I'm still in the healing process. will see my surgeon Feb 13th and hope to start PT.. only thing is I've started with pain in the upper cervical area of my back which is not pleasant.. and holding me back.. I't not new and not uncommon to fix one thing and have it affect another.. So will be dealing with that.. BUT NOT with cymbalta.. nope... Any way.. I just wanted every one to know that i'm still clean of this drug and I think to some degree I still am having some side affects.. But less and less. Wish me luck with the next steps of this adventure.. god it's been a long ride... Hope you all are doing well and making improvement...  Many blessings sent to you all..

#132 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

Fantastic hearing from you dlmj!! I am so glad you are still Cymbalta free. I sympathize with you on the back surgery. My wife had three back surgeries in two years. That was 6 years ago and I have seen what see goes through. Tough life.

God bless and keep in touch. Success like yours is very motivational to those currently going through withdrawal.

#133 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

Yes fishinghat it is a tough road.. I actually had a Dr. suggest I go back on cymbalta.. I didn't reply back as she had no idea what I had just been through an still going through.. BUT I held stead fast with my decision.. When your in pain pretty much 24/7 anything can be tempting..

Yes I may be faced with another surgery.. but to soon to tell . I need to fully heal from this one it was far more involed than expected by even the surgeons.. once they opened me up.. so now I'm fused and held with rods and screws. ..  Plus our New England winter is surly getting to me this winter..

I wanted to stop by purely to give others hope about getting off cymbalta.. It can be done but it's a bitch.....

Best regards

#134 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:03 PM

Well I am past the one year mark since I first posted on here looking for support , which I got plenty of. I'm pleased to say I'm still free of cymbalta.. YAY .. Nov 20th I had lumbar surgery which was far more of a surgery than Surgeons thought once they got in ... Now I'm headed in for one more surgery for my cervical spine. Which I've found has also some serious issues.. April 30th is the day. Gosh what a year and I'm still at it. BUT I hope this is the last one I'll have to have and move forward from here..

OK I feel now after being on cymbalta for over 10 years.. and now being off for a year.. most of the symptoms are gone.. Only thing left is bad headaches but this could be related to my neck issues.. If this surgery helps that then I'll feel I've conquered most of my health issues at hand.. Although none of this has been fun, it had to be done. Kinda like taking the bull by horns.

After this surgery I'll continue my venture with lyme disease, I've still been actively educating my self with all of that.. but felt I had to address all these other issues in order to move forward. I've also retired.... for now any way.. I have to get well..

Any way.. I just wanted to check in and say HI # one and wish every one well being that had helped me through this. And send blessings to any one who is starting this battle to become free of this drug.. I actually had one Dr. suggest I got back on!!!! NO THANKS.....

So sending Blessings and Thank full thoughts to all...

#135 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

Great to hear from you dimj. I am glad you have finally shaken the Cymbalta monster. Other than that what an ordeal with the back problems. Best of luck on that and keep us posted.

#136 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

So good to hear from you, dlmj!

Happy to hear that all is going well for you and that at least one of your surgeries is over.  I wish you the best with the next one and that your life will then improve greatly!

Please come back to let us know how you are...

Liz

#137 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

Thanks Liz... you can call me Donna as that is my name,, I'm free from cymbalta for a year now.. heading in for my second surgery , I'm moving forward slowly with all this and have hopes of some what of a new life.. chat with ya soon and let ya know how it all goes.. thanks for caring..

#138 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

Donna,

I wish you the best with this surgery and pray that your life will improve greatly!

I have now been of this poison for 16 months but still have issues regarding memory, sleep and more pain than before I started taking it.  I am seeing a Pain Management Dr. for the first time tomorrow and have my fingers crossed!

Please let us know how you are doing after the surgery - and yes, we care!

Liz :hug:  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users