1 reply to this topic

#1 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Here is a Bead-Counting strategy I posted earlier. I include some modifications.

Fishinghat introduced me to bead-counting a couple of years ago, and his sage advice helped me immensely during my withdrawal.

The Brand Name Cymbalta from Eli Lilly is best for counting beads because typically each capsule contains more beads than an equivalent dosage of a generic. So it's best to get a final prescription of 45 capsules of the Brand Name.

In bead counting, no beads are wasted. Here's an example of a slow, gently-sloped tapering-off regimen; you may wish to try a shorter or longer period of time:

EXAMPLE
Let's say your 30 mg capsule contains 180 beads. You plan a slow taper over 90 days. 180 beads divided by 90 days is 2 beads per day (2 additional beads taken out each day). You will need 45 capsules of 30 mg capsules, and 45 empty gel caps (get them at a pharmacy or a Health Food store) to cover the 90 days. Also, pick up 45 little paper envelopes.

Day one take out 2 beads from a full capsule- swallow the capsule and put the 2 beads in an empty gel cap and into an envelope labelled "DAY 90". Day two take out 4 beads from a full capsule- swallow the capsule and put the 4 beads into an empty gel cap and into an envelope labelled "DAY 89". Day three take out 6 beads from a full capsule and swallow the capsule- put the 6 beads into an empty gel cap and into an envelope labelled "DAY 88", and so on to "Day 45".

At "Day 45" you start taking the capsules from the envelopes. Finish at envelope "Day 90".

Should symptoms become difficult, stay at the current dosage for a few days and when you feel stable enough, continue counting beads.

Toward the end of the 90-day regimen, you may need to slow down some- some people have reported an increase in uncomfortable symptoms in the last few mg of tapering. Listen to your body.

#2 Xanazul

Xanazul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, Spain
  • why_joining:
    Fnding cues for what I am feeling. Hopefuly giving others cues about this distressful state of mind and body we are all going through.

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:30 AM

TM
This also should probably be very useful to repost every 15 days o so. Had I found it the first time I entered the forum (was only 3 or 4 days into withdrawal when I started to look) I would probably had gone back and started this way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users