8 replies to this topic

#1 Tinker

Tinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:58 AM

I have a question for those who quit cymbalta through the bead counting method. From your experience, does withdrawal symptoms increase the lower you drop your dose? I have been steadily dropping 10 beads every couple of days. My withdrawal symptoms have been barley noticeable until I reached the last 100 beads. The last couple of days I have been feeling very irritable and my head feels like it's screaming. The anxiety has increased also. Should I expect withdrawal systems to gradually get worse when I drop the remaining beads? When the dose finally gets to zero will this be the hardest part of withdrawal? Thanks in advance. Tinker

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

Absolutely Tinker. Most of us only dropped 3 or 4 beads a day. When we started getting into some heavy withdrawal we would stay at that dose a few days til we stabilize. As far as the last few beads. You are right. They can really put the hurt on you. Jusy slow down and be patient.

#3 Tinker

Tinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

Thanks for your response fishinghat. I have been fine with the drop in beads until this point so maybe I need more time for stabilisation as you mention.

#4 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

One of us, EquusWoman, removed just one bead a day....she had to go that slow in order to manage the withdrawal....just listen to your body....the goal isn't to do the fastest withdrawal, it's to withdraw in the way that's easiest for your body and brain.... ;-)

#5 MsJenny

MsJenny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNorthern WI

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:22 PM

I found out that I can only reduce 1 or 2 beads a day.

#6 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

MsJenny

Are you taking the brand name or a generic? What dosage, and how many beads are in each capsule?

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

I found out that I can only reduce 1 or 2 beads a day.

I am sorry to say that is not that unusual. Take what you can get, stop when you need to catch yoour breath and then go on. This requires great patience.

#8 ittybittysmitty

ittybittysmitty

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:
    I am here to gain support and support others

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

I was on another thread and can't find it so here I am....

I wish my doc told me to count beads...i'm happy for those of you who are...

This is day 13 and suddenly when I was out doing errands, I was full of rage, dizzy, disoriented, abdominal pain, feel stoned...

My side effects have suddenly doubled in intensity...I'm staying on 30 mg with 40 mg Celexa until I see my doctor this Thursday...

Can someone give me advice? I don't know what to say to him...should i ask him to start the bead method or is it too late? I've probably asked over and over about my situation so I apologize...I'm going to tell him he dropped me WAY too fast...and tell him about this site and the FDA statement about Cymbalta Discontinuation Syndrome....I bet most docs have NO idea this exists!

Thank you for listening and for your support. 

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

Hey IBS. These setbacks like you are experiencing come and go. I would stay at your current dosage until you stabilize. As the celexa continues to kick in the problems will go away and at this time the bead counting may not be necessary. There are some people who don't respond to one ssri or another, It is really strange that one ssri will work on one person and not another. Yes, definitely tell your dr. With you not gaining much from the celexa so far he may decide to switch meds. You can certainly tell him about this site. We would be most glad to share our information with him. I doubt if he will spend time on our site as they are just too busy. My shrink starts taking patients at 7 AM and takes the last one at 6:30 PM. He is so far behind on keeping up with the research on the psych drugs. He knows I do a lot of research for this site so he has asked me to give him copies of any research that looks important. Not many drs will admit they don't know something or don't have the time. You may be surprised. He/She should be willing to listen to you. If they are not willing to listen....well, time for a new psychiatrist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users