Photo

Non-Stop Talking And Hyper! Anyone Else?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MichB

MichB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

I woke up around 10am today. Early for me since beginning the withdrawal. My son was a little cranky because his video game was skipping. For some reason I find it humorous when these kids get mad at a stupid video game. (Ah, to be 16 again) So I began acting like a complete nut case. Dancing and talking rapidly in an attempt to make him laugh. It worked. So we set out to the video store to get his game cleaned.

We also went to Walmart to get empty gel caps. The pharmacy can order them for anyone who is needing them for bead counting. I will have them by Monday. The only other place in my area that carries them is Whole Foods but they're costly.

Anyhow, I ran into a client at Walmart and something came over me! I became confused while trying to talk to her. Best way to describe it...I felt like I was drunk and trying to act like I wasn't!! Anyone ever done that? LOL!! Fortunately I had the sense to tell her I'm not myself today. She knows I'm going through withdrawal. So when I go to introduce her to my son, I can't remember her name!! WTF?! Awkward!
We ran a few more errands and I managed to keep my mouth shut so I wouldn't embarrass myself or my son. We got home and I began acting like an idiot again. Goofy. Giggly. Funny.
My son told me I was acting like a hyper fool. Luckily he thought it was funny.
I used to act like this a lot! Just a fun loving, goofy person. It was nice but now I'm waiting for a huge BOOM! A dive into a deep depression!

I've been very nauseous today but the ginger root supplement really helps. My appetite is minimal. Had to force myself to eat a banana. I can't stop talking!!! I'm so full of energy, it's bizarre. I feel so happy!! I feel like I need to get a bunch of stuff done while I'm on this high.

Has anyone else had a day similar to mine?!

I'm just thrilled that I had a good day and made my son laugh like old times.
I think I better end this now or I'll babble on longer. I hope I look back on this post when I'm having a low day and know there will be more days like today in my future!

Mich

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

Yep, I had a couple of those days ... when I had my first few good days, I felt exuberant ... active, joyous, talkative .... and then, the next day I'd crash ... and have a day as bad as the previous day was good ... and gradually the highs and lows evened out ...

I also had one day when I believe I was genuinely manic... hyper happy, hyper active, hyper everything ... that scared me a bit ... but it was the only manic episode I had ...

Don't let yourself "get a bunch of stuff done" while you feel like this .... you'll push yourself right into a relapse ... keep a steady pace, ease up on the activity as much as possible, focus on getting rest... keep an eye on yourself that it doesn't spill over into manic...

on the other hand, also enjoy feeling enjoyment again!

You've made one heck of a lot of progress since your first post, Mich.... Bravo!

#3 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

Yep, Mich, I had one of those manic days early in w'ds. It's posted somewhere here on the forum. I get a little scared to look back at older posts to see how nutso I was. But I'll not digress into that! Hang in there and keep moving forward! :)

#4 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

Mich

It sounds like your dopamine circuitry is coming back on stream. Just go with it and enjoy the ride and the energy. Sure do some work, but float some too- it won't last forever, but will come and go.

You sound up and hopeful! That's great!

#5 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

Mich, that's an important point TM just made about the dopamine ... I just checked your earlier posts, and you've been on Wellbutrin for quite a while... that's a dopamine "agonist" ... it inhibits dopamine re uptake in the brain, thus keeping dopamine levels higher ...

I'm also on Wellbutrin, 300 mg xl, and have been for years ... which is another reason that I've tried to keep a close eye on myself for manic behavior since getting off Cymbalta ... too much dopamine isn't a good thing, and I've been aware that at some point, if I was feeling a bit "too good" that it might mean an adjustment in my wellbutrin dose should be considered...

So far, no... but just thought I'd mention this to you ...

#6 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Wow - sure don't know where I fall here - flat, I guess!  I never experienced these feelings - wish I had!  I still lack motivation and am living like a hermit :(

My non-stop talking was while on the crap - my sons were always telling me that!

#7 MichB

MichB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:22 AM

FN,

I didn't crash today but I am not hyper either lol. I slept almost all day. I don't like to do that but I am taking my body's advice so I cuddled up with the kitties and dreamed. I'm having very vivid dreams again. They have come and gone with this drug but now almost every day for a week. No nightmares yet. Knock on wood!!

Yesterday was a little scary as it was for you but I just kicked back and enjoyed it. Today was good. Just my usual nausea. Knocked it out with the ginger root supplement. Love that stuff. Caught my migraine in time too. I'm noticing I have very little appetite. I've been eating jello a lot. Your advice from another post. 😘 I think it helps to settle my stomach.

TM,

Thanks about the dopamine comment and you too FN regarding the well butrin.

Gail,

Lol. Thanks. It was a nutty day indeed!! Fun but nutty! 😳

TFL,

You'll have a fun, crazy day soon! Just take it for what it is and enjoy it! Of course don't get down if you crash the next day. I'm surprised I didn't crash but I slept most of the craziness off. Haha!!

Girl, I have very little motivation as well!! It'll get better. Unfortunately I have to force myself to put on a semi-normal face for my son and work. I am a hermit like you otherwise. I stay home as much as possible. Soon our good days will outweigh the bad!!
Love and hugs to you!! 😘

Thanks to all of you!
Mich

#8 Amybc7

Amybc7

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

I spent my first week of withdrawing like that!  Is it wrong that I almost miss it?  Exactly like you described - hyper, silly, feeling drunk....

My friend and I actually joked that if that was withdrawal - I'd be fine.  Poor choice on our part...lol.

Absolutely be careful how much you do during those moments and keep track - just in case - the roller coaster has some pretty big dips and rises.

#9 MichB

MichB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:45 AM

Amy,

I hear ya. It would be nice if withdrawal was like that. Since starting bead counting, I'm doing okay.

I've stayed at the same amount of beads for a week.  Taking it very slow.

#10 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:02 AM

Mich, you've really got the "hang" of this ... giving yourself lots of time, as needed... yay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users