• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Shouldclean

Shouldclean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

Hello there. Weaned from 60 to 30 in 3 months in spring. Just weaned to 20 in one month. I plan to use the beads that I saved from the first weaning but found that the concentration was different, as the generic had come out in the meantime. Now that I am weaning off the 20 mg, I am wondering if I must reload gel capsules or if I can just put them in applesauce?

#2 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

Hi Shouldclean

I've taken a few doses that way when I was down to a small number of beads. Don't crush or chew them. I think the best idea is to pick up some empty gel capsules from the pharmacy or health food store- then your mind is at ease.

By the way, excellent work! And welcome!

#3 MichB

MichB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:00 AM

Hi Sc,

I second that. Great job!!
I just found out you can get empty gel caps at the Walmart pharmacy. They're cheaper than the health food stores. The pharmacist may have to order them but it only takes a couple of days to get them in.

What brand of generic are you taking?

Mich

#4 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

NO, please don't take just the beads... they really must be in a gel cap... which you can get at most health /vitamin stores, and sometimes from your pharmacy...and they can be ordered from Amazon.com...

The reason they need to be in the gel cap is that otherwise they all dissolve in your stomach and are absorbed at the same time... rather than over time... and so it screws up the dosing ... which you don't need, as you're already reducing the dose via removing beads...

#5 Shouldclean

Shouldclean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

Thanks so much for the replies! I figured they were time release but was hoping otherwise! I am back on brand for the 20s. Walmart said the generic manufacturer was on back order and they didn't know how long it would be. With my medical sharing plan I pay for anything under $300 so have to pay cash. They were $240. A lady in line told my husband that generally Target us cheaper. Need to call around.

Anyone know the avg number of beads in 20 mg brand? Anyone have a good refilling system to offer? A lead on a teeny weeny funnel perhaps? Or I guess I could buy big gel caps, well, duh. Figured that out as I typed, even with cymbalta brain. :-)

#6 MichB

MichB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

Sc,

I bought a craft bead counter at Hobby Lobby for my craft hobby but it is very useful for counting the beads.

You can get one for under $10.  Michael's probably carries them too.

#7 Shouldclean

Shouldclean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:26 PM

Great idea - thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users