Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

Can anyone tell me if they have tried " THE ROAD BACK PROGRAM " & is it a positive program ?. I want to know if it actually works . I know you have to purchase all their products & if they work than that's ok but I have a cousin who is about to try this & she certainly can't afford it but is desperate for help .

#2 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:38 PM

Hey Wagtail...Yes, I downloaded the free e-book & thought it was a Godsend! I ordered $420 of the supplements & before weaning below the 30mg of Cymshit! I was so optimistic & followed the program to a tee, reading the instructions several times each day to make sure I was doing everything to the letter! I am still taking the supplements since I paid so much for them, BUT THEY DID NOT/HAVE NOT HELPED OR ALLEVIATED ONE SYMPTOM OF THIS MISERABLE WITHDRAWAL!! Today was day 30 off & side effects are getting better as I read back over my posts. Sleep is eluding me & that only adds more angst to the long days of this painful recovery. FN told me the author is a Scientologist and that tweeked me as he also owns the supplement company Neurogenetics! I should've just sent the $420 direct to the Church of Scientology which I believe is crazy cult! You can download the EBook off the site & read his program for yourself.

It was the first site that popped up when I typed in Cymbrawal withdrawal symptoms when wanting to get completely off the poison! This forum was second, Thank You, Jesus...I know it has saved me from doing something stupid more than once since I joined!

#3 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

". . . the real work was to create formulations of supplements that would not interact with drugs and would reduce or eliminate side effects associated with tapering off psychoactive medication. At the time, this was unchartered territory in the scientific community, but with our research and success we now see our discoveries and breakthroughs used by many physicians and drug detoxification programs throughout the world."

From The Road Back

This is as close as this company comes to actually claiming their supplements reduce and/or eliminate side effects from discontinuation. It's strongly implied in the last sentence, "but with our . . . success we now see our discoveries and breakthroughs used by many physicians and drug detoxification programs throughout the world."

My internet searches yielded no real science, but plenty of anecdotal testimony, and it's mostly positive- though I had no way of searching and verifying the source of the testimony. But you have to do your own research to satisfy yourself. There is no doubt that we can get pretty run down while on drugs and when withdrawing; discontinuation is a tremendous physical and emotional challenge, so surely a sensible diet would help a great deal.

Many people swear by supplements, and many people (including some national health organizations) claim supplements do nothing beyond what a balanced diet will do. Yet, even when there is no measurable nutritional effect, many people do better with supplements than without. The placebo effect is powerful and beneficial nearly half of the time.

Do your homework. If the cost is not too great, maybe it would be an interesting experiment to try.

#4 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

Wagtail, does your therapist know you're now looking into this? I don't think you should do anything, including getting involved in the Road Back program, without checking with her...

Also, it's connected with Scientology ... so I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot stick ... use the search box on the home page ... look for Road Back.... you'll find a long post I did about it a while ago ...

They want your money, that's all, in my opinion ... they're looking to catch us when we're desperate ... and vulnerable ..

PLEASE stick with the program that your therapist has proposed ... don't dilute your energy/focus with all this other stuff...

There are no quick cures, no "miracle," no "easy way outs" on recovery ... we have to work through it, live with it, live it... and you've got a therapist who's got a solid, proven approach ... focus on that, work on that, and you'll experience the recovery ...

#5 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

F/n , no it's not me who's interested it my cousin & she isn't in any position to be paying for something that won't work ...I was worried for her ..

#6 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

The Road Back vitamin supplements and pamphlets business is a for-profit enterprise of the Scientology Religion.

What is Scientology? (The following is from their website; the italics are mine, but the contradictions are theirs.)

"Scientology comprises a body of knowledge which extends from certain fundamental truths. Prime among these (truths) are (the following):

- Man is an immortal spiritual being.

- His experience extends well beyond a single lifetime.

Scientology is not a dogmatic religion in which one is asked to accept anything on faith . . . "

There you have it: to summarize (my words)- Scientology comprises knowledge from truths we know for sure but you don't have to accept anything on faith except those from the 'body of knowledge' that we made up.

As Carl Sagan once said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." I went through the entire website twice and somehow the evidence eluded me.

#7 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

I lost a college roommate to Scientology ... she got suckered into spending all her college tuition money ... from her parents and a student loan ... to do whatever "levels" they lured her into ... she became a living zombie ... she finally, somehow, got out of the cult, hand to have intensive psychotherapy, and ended up marrying her college pre-scientology sweetheart, but the last time I heard from him via email he said she's never been the same, and she still refuses to communicate with any of us, her old friends ... I get the sense he regrets marrying her, but just loved her so much that he didn't want her to be left broken and alone ...

They have a "church of scientology" about 10 blocks down the street from me... and they're always having "open houses" and outdoor recruitment sessions... I stopped by one day for the hell of it .... one of their programmers spent almost an hour talking with me ... and he was probing me every moment for every possible weakness that he could play on ... it was so obvious, and he was so pathetic ... I had a ball messing with his head ... he actually gave up on me and wandered off to find another, more willing victim...

The free donuts, however, were excellent ...

that's my scientology rant ... I'll shut up now ...

#8 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

I have to put my support behind what FiveNotions has shared. I found the road back web site before i found this site. they couldn't get past my "Sci-dar". 

#9 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

Wagtail, I apologize for missing that it's your cousin you were asking for, not you ... I saw "Road Back" and headed straight for posting...

what med/antidepressant is your cousin trying to get off of? There are websites/forums for all of them ... much like here, but (IMHO) none as good .... have her come here to read... much of what's posted here for nutrition, supplements, etc. is applicable to the other antidepressants...

Also, does she have a therapist/doc?

#10 ittybittysmitty

ittybittysmitty

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:
    I am here to gain support and support others

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

Wagtail...I remember hearing their chief crusader Tom Cruise say nobody should be on psychiatric drugs but I don't remember his rationale.

#11 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

IMHO, Tom Cruise isn't rational .... :P

#12 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

Wagtail...I remember hearing their chief crusader Tom Cruise say nobody should be on psychiatric drugs but I don't remember his rationale.

because if he took them he wouldn't get to jump up and down on oprah's couch on national tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users