#1 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:
    Had a scary incident, now thinking of getting off Cymbalta. I came for advice, support and friendship.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

This was back in January 2014

I was considering the bead counting ... I opened the capsule gently (or what I considered gently) and darned if the things didn't just jump all over the place.

I was overwhelmed and immediately shoved the beads (minus a few) back in the capsule never to be opened again.  I felt attacked by those little devils.

Those of you who bead count hold a special place in my mind, heart and thoughts as a miracle and I'm in awe

Serious congratulations to you bead counters ... the patience, the commitment ...

I stand ~ I bow ~ I applaud

#2 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

Yes bead counting is daunting and time consuming but it was the bead counting method that set me  "free"...

Free from Cymbalta. The nasty, evil, vile poison. Free to try to regain my previous way of living in the world.

I wish you the best, the very best on your journey. God bless. TheEquusWoman.....

#3 Amybc7

Amybc7

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

I was advised NOT to bead count by my doctor.  The response from my friends when I explained bead counting was "....you mean like a drug addict?"

Yes.  Completely like a drug addict.  It's 100% humbling that a cap full of beads will affect my life so deeply.

I'm still doing it...and doing it....and unless something changes I'll be doing it into September.  This place has helped me to accept that a timeline is really not that helpful, but listening to my body is.  I've learned that counting really does matter - when I started I would just knock out a dash of them as if I was measuring salt.  I found the mantra "Listen to your body".

I'm down to 14 beads and there are days I look at them in my hand and want to just throw them all away and be done with it.  Then I think about the summer, things I want to do and things I need to do.  I know that while I'll move slower in the morning, be nauseated all day long, and the bathroom will be the most visited place - at this point it could be SOOOOO much worse.

I appreciate the your words, scared, but I feel the same way about everyone who hasn't counted beads because to me - that is AMAZING!

#4 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

Bead counting was the only way I was ever able to get off the Cymbalta poison.
Took me over 4 months to be off the crap drug. Prayers for you from TheEquusWoman♥

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

You have it made Amy. It is just a matter of time.

#6 Amybc7

Amybc7

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

Thanks!  This was a perfect reminder as I just got home from Walmart and grocery shopping with the husband.  The store felt so warm and at one point I demanded the cart because I was certain I was going to pass out if I wasn't holding on.  So warm, so many people, and feeling awful I wanted to just melt down - but made it through and am home (with lots of yummies) and was able to open up my screen to this!

I love this place!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users