#1 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:
    Had a scary incident, now thinking of getting off Cymbalta. I came for advice, support and friendship.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

So, just hanging around the house waiting to shower before MRI appt at noon, thought what the heck, let's do a test run on counting the little beads.

Don't use a reflective object (like a knife point) to move the little guys around, it causes a reflection (well duh) and really messed with my counting ... I have macular degeneration in right eye so my perception is sorta off anyway. 

Then I think I lost count (but I don't know) because all I was focusing on the reflection. 

I think the first cap had 74 beads ...

now

were are those toothpicks?

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

LOL, thanks for sharing ... I got the image of you as a one-eyed pirate, black patch over the bad eye, short sword in hand... doing fearless battle against the army of evil beads ... yar, matey !

#3 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:
    Had a scary incident, now thinking of getting off Cymbalta. I came for advice, support and friendship.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

Oh FN, you make me laugh!

#4 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

oh no bead counting and realizing how tiny they are and what not to use when doing so....lol lol lol. Im sure somewhere here on this forum someone mentioned a way like using a plastic cup or a red plate. Not sure though, and Ill try to find where I saw it , way back when......

#5 Tinker

Tinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

Scared60 That made me laugh! I can imagine the frustration that would cause, those pesky tiny beads. I had a small container full of the things and managed to tip them all into the floor. I was finding little beads around my kitchen for weeks! I have been placing my beads into a container lid (not a white one for obvious reasons) and have been using a pointy set of tweezers to manoeuvre one by one into a gel capsule. The tweezers give a good grip and works for me. Good luck with your future bead counting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users