#1 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

THOUSANDS HAVE DIED TAKING THIS CRAP!!

The DSM is the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. It is produced by the American Psychiatric Association. DSM-V is the current edition. 

What if the pharmaceutical companies had a say in what constituted a "mental disorder"? What if the pharmaceutical companies had a hand in writing the book? The answer- guaranteed profits forever!

Have a look.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16636630

"Of the 170 DSM panel members 95 (56%) had one or more financial associations with companies in the pharmaceutical industry. One hundred percent of the members of the panels on 'Mood Disorders' and 'Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders' had financial ties to drug companies. The leading categories of financial interest held by panel members were research funding (42%), consultancies (22%) and speakers bureau (16%)."

Incredible!

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

I am afraid the system will never change. Depressing.

#3 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

A few words come to mind that describes the relationship between us and the pharmaceutical companies: defraud, scam, gyp, con, swindle, cheat, rook, hornswoggle, bunco, victimize, hustle, and flimflam. We know Big Pharma has its tentacles into government, media, and education- now they're making social policy, inventing illnesses and offering themselves up as the only route to health and salvation: you pay and you are redeemed.

What a sinister bunch of bastards!

#4 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

yep, and when they could actually do a huge service to mankind, by finding a cure/vaccine for stuff like ebola, they don't bother, because "there's no market" ... as in, there's no $$$ to be made .... :angry:

#5 air3333

air3333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

This is how they get people like me addicted to their products. It seems to be a little different than street drugs because it is authorized from the top by individuals that are called Physicians and sanctioned by the government. These Physicians are receiving financial incentives from the Pharmaceutical companies? How can they defend this an independent science? This shows their financial bias that the APA has for all pharmaceuticals. There is money to be made in this. This is kind of sickening if you think about it. 

There is no cash to be made if the people stop taking the drugs. Same as in street dealing. This is the reality and these are facts. Am I a conspiracy theorist? 

I was told I need drugs for a majority of my adult life because of disturbing thoughts I was having as a teenager. Now I know the drug cymbalta possibly increased those thoughts and increased my anxiety. Seems to be no endgame for this except to keep the people addicted. I was the one that decided to get off this drug. I am pretty sure that they want people on this for life not only for the financial rewards, but the prestige and reputation that they helped people get "better". Better in which the person is confused and dazed out, not knowing what is going on, but feeling good overall. 

#6 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

air3333

Big Pharma and Garage Lab share the fundamental ethic: Profits First.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users