4 replies to this topic

#1 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

Hello!  I have been dealing with extreme fatigue that sleep does not help for over a year now and last December I began hurting.  I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few months ago.  I am beginning to wonder if it is really fibromyalgia or my body still being in shock from finishing my benzo (klonopin) taper in April.  Klonopin is used as a muscle relaxant so I am wondering if being off of klonopin for almost 4 months is causing my hurting to be worse.  I go to work for 4 hours come home and sit in the recliner or lie on the couch til supper.  I have hurt for a long time when I blow dry my hair but thought it was mostly due to lack of exercise and my long thick hair.  Well I have cut my hair and it hurts more now than it used to when I blow dry it.  I will sometimes take a 25 minute walk and feel pretty good when walking but the next day my arms hurt from walking...even more so than my legs.  For those of you who have fibro what do you use to treat it besides Cymbalta?  Thanks in advance!

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

downtongirl...

I have arthritis as well as fibro and was prescribed Hydrocodone as well as therapeutic massage.  My massage therapist said she treats many with fibro as the pain management docs are finally realizing that this is helpful. 

My insurance pays for the massage as long as I have a new RX for it every 90 days.

My daughter also had fibro and complained about the pain while blow drying her hair...    Mine is very short so thankfully that's one problem I don't have!  I do have several tender points that give me a lot of pain and the massage helps so much.  I hope that you will be able to try it.

I have also heard of those with fibro using acupuncture and swear by it...it's a thought.

I hope this has been of some help - please keep us posted!

#3 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

thanks for your reply!  How often do you go for your massage therapy?  Is there a certain type of massage therapy that you use?

#4 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

I go for a massage weekly - unfortunately now that I am going out of town for 2 weeks for my son's wedding, we shall see how it goes.  I will have one massage the day after I get back and then she goes out of town for her daughter's wedding, so I'll miss another week! 

She also gives Swedish Massages which are wonderful for relaxation but what I get is the Deep Tissue - and it isn't all that pleasant!  Some weeks are worse than others. Just depends on the fibro pain that week - you know what I mean!  I always walk out feeling much better than when I walked in...

She also gives facials which I treated myself to last week and it was WONDERFUL!  That is a real treat and is very close to a Swedish Massage in the way of relaxation and so good for your skin....wish I could afford one every month! :rolleyes: 

#5 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:49 PM

I'm not sure if this has been covered in the past  -  I have heard of some that have used acupuncture for fibromyalgia and swear by it.  I have been in such pain the past 10 days or so, that I am seriously considering seeing my PCP for an increased dosage of the Hydrocodone, seeing a Pain Management Dr. or using acupuncture...  or maybe all of those! 

Some mornings I can hardly move I am in such pain.

Can anyone give me any direction here?  This is the worst it has ever been - I was diagnosed about 20 yrs ago and have never had such pain - it has been getting worse after I came off the crap drug  - over 14 months ago.

Thanks to anyone with any info!

Liz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users