Ears Whirring, Like A I Have A Helicopter In Them

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Notsureaboutit_*

Guest_Notsureaboutit_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

Hello
Has anyone done anything to help with the whirring inside ears?
I am off Cymbalta 30 mg for a week now and I wonder if anyone had extreme ear issues and if there was anything that has been tried to alleviate it? it's like a contestant whirring swooshie, sense, doesn't matter if I am moving or not! I have tried Benedry with no help? Any other ideas
Thanks

#2 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

Notsosureaboutit

Ear noises appear to be a big part of this. Whirring, whooshing, ringing (tinnitus). It goes away mostly, though sometimes it can hang around a while. It's in both ears; it switches ears or it may go away in one and remain in the other. FN has had it (I think still does after 6-7 months). I still have tinnitus in my right ear after 2 years.

#3 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a zombie of too long.
    I want a life!

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

I have ringing in both ears and have had this for years now. I gets worse at tines but never goes away. I have tried "Ring Stop" but it didn't help me.

#4 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

NSAI, I had the 'whirring swooshies' (great description!) for about 3 weeks after stopping the C-dope! The brain zaps were separate from the whirring. I still have occasional 'swooshies' that come out of nowhere, mostly before trying to fall asleep & upon awakening in the morning:/ Strange side effect that has lingered, though infrequent, that I can roll with much more easily than some of the other s/es that are 'my rabbits' (a name I've given to the side effects to try & separate them from my brain chatter!). Today begins my 8th week off the dope & I am awed by the huge leap in my progress of experiencing 2 great days in a row:D

Hopefully, it will pass soon for you. I don't know of anything to alleviate the swooshies except time! I took (still am as I paid a small ransom for them!) a boat load of supplements I ordered from 'The Road Back' program that did zip, nada in alleviating any of the horrible withdrawal symptoms:( of this poison!

Hang in there, friend;) Blessings, Rebecca

#5 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:01 AM

Reba

Two good days in a row is fabulous news; it's a new threshold! Congratulations!

I took no supplements except Flaxseed Oil and Irish Whiskey, and not necessarily in that order. While others swear by supplements, I never found they changed anything- anything I could notice- and I say again, that's just me. When I was wandering the swamp of withdrawal I considered bringing home a boatload of OTC medicine- I just wanted something to fix my out-of-tune brain.

And you're right, Time is the medicine that's freer than any OTC- but it's a kind of OTC too- Over The Cosmos. IDK, I've always preferred UTC to OTC; I've always found the UTC stuff had more kick- it had the Flavour Bud as it were- but not the OTC, IYKWIM- it always made me LOL, or I'd find myself on the floor L-ingMAO! Oh FTS! Who came up with this stuff?

I looked at the Road Back program and found it was a storefront for The Church of Scientology, so that spooked me a bit; I knew I'd have to give them my address to get the goods, and I imagined John Travolta as Chili Palmer the smiling assassin, and Tom Cruise as that smarmy sociopath from Eyes Wide Shut showing up at my door, "Excuse me, do you have a little time to chat- perhaps you can give us just thismoment?"

#6 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

And she's off to a great 'Monday, Monday, ba da ba da dada'...howling with her laughter after having read your response 3x (kicks keep getting harder to find!)!! Woohoo:D. Thanks, TM...Hope you have a funny day as well;)

PS-me, too, on the UTC vs OTC!!

#7 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

Reba

Two good days in a row is fabulous news; it's a new threshold! Congratulations!

I took no supplements except Flaxseed Oil and Irish Whiskey, and not necessarily in that order. While others swear by supplements, I never found they changed anything- anything I could notice- and I say again, that's just me. When I was wandering the swamp of withdrawal I considered bringing home a boatload of OTC medicine- I just wanted something to fix my out-of-tune brain.

And you're right, Time is the medicine that's freer than any OTC- but it's a kind of OTC too- Over The Cosmos. IDK, I've always preferred UTC to OTC; I've always found the UTC stuff had more kick- it had the Flavour Bud as it were- but not the OTC, IYKWIM- it always made me LOL, or I'd find myself on the floor L-ingMAO! Oh FTS! Who came up with this stuff?

I looked at the Road Back program and found it was a storefront for The Church of Scientology, so that spooked me a bit; I knew I'd have to give them my address to get the goods, and I imagined John Travolta as Chili Palmer the smiling assassin, and Tom Cruise as that smarmy sociopath from Eyes Wide Shut showing up at my door, "Excuse me, do you have a little time to chat- perhaps you can give us just thismoment?"

irish whiskey? whatever works! since discontinuing i've found that drinking as little as a beer increases my anxiety a couple hours later - i guess as it wears off.  on the C i could keep up with the drunkest of sailors ;-) . never drank so much as i did on the C - and effexor as well, something about the N in snri i guess. since i have had barely anything to drink since may, i can feel the effects of just a single beer or glass of wine. and... i admit, i smoked pot before the withdrawal - which is something else i can't do since getting off the C. talk about high anxiety…  for me that is a guaranteed expressway to outright terror. didn't ever happen before. i also had to quit coffee, again, impact on anxiety. i am just a saint these days <sigh>. 

as for tinnitus it seems like it got worse once i went on my first anti-d, zoloft, 18 years ago. however i had it previously from too much exposure to loud music - a rock n roll lifestyle back in the day. it got worse on the anti-d's and now even worse since getting of the C. not sure if its related to that or just the normal progression. i just hope i don't end up like pete townsend 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users