Photo

My Journtey Tapering Off Of Generic Cymbalta Via Bead Counting...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

Hello!  Two weeks ago I started weaning off of 60 mg of the generic Cymbalta via the bead counting method.  There are 6 pellets in each capsule.  I reduced by one pellet for the past two weeks.  Below are my results...I will try to update this as I reduce the pellets or experience new withdrawal symptoms.

8/3/2014...reduced 60 mg generic Cymbalta by one pellet.  Over the past two weeks I have felt very good.  I have noticed a little lift in my mood.  I have been a little more optimistic and have been sleeping better.  I have not really noticed any withdrawal symptoms. 

8/17/2014...reduced 60 mg generic Cymbalta by two pellets....

#2 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:43 AM

Good news and thank you for an update

#3 Tinker

Tinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:27 AM

Way to go! That's a great result. Keep us posted on your progress

#4 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

Congratulations!

Keep up the good work - you're doing great!

#5 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:49 PM

downtowngirl. Am happy you are keeping us posted on your progress. Sounds like you are feeling stable and this method/approach may be working well with you. Please keep us posted. Great news!

#6 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

Ok Update on my progress.  I am down to 20 mg for the last two days from 60 mg on August 1st.  Here has been my tapering schedule...

55 mg 2weeks

50 mg 2 weeks

45 mg 2weeks

30 mg 2 weeks

20 mg 2 days

Really did not notice too much of anything until I got to 30 mg.  I was feeling pretty good so decided to jump down to 30 mg.  I did notice a little increase in anxiety and morning cortisol rush from 5 am to 7 am.  I am also taking my afternoon naps when I get home from work.  I currently work from 9 am - 1 pm. 

A couple of things I have noticed and am not sure if this is Cymbalta withdrawal or not....

1.  My left leg seems to feel a little swollen over in the night.  I notice this as I try to twist my ankle to pop it.  I have noticed this happen a couple of months ago for a couple of nights but it has now returned. 

2. My left side of my body feels weak and I have been experiencing some aches in my knees and arms the past couple of days...this could be due to dropping to 20 mg or could be a result of cool down in weather and autumn arriving.

I was diagnosed last winter with fibromyalgia but have been unsure if it is fibromyalgia or withdrawal from a year long taper from Klonopin and now tapering off of Cymbalta.

I will continue to update you on how I am doing.  The only other medicines I am on is 50 - 100 mg of trazadone for sleep (which I have been on for years) and 1 mg of estradiol for hormone replacement therapy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users