God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

Man, this company spends a lot of time and money defending and settling lawsuits, etc.!

http://www.corp-research.org/eli-lilly

#2 Tinker

Tinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:35 AM

"Starting in the 1970s, its ethics came into question as the company became embroiled in a series of controversies in which it was accused of covering up dangerous side effects of some of its drugs and engaging in illegal marketing for unapproved purposes."..... Hmm why does this sound so familiar...?! I'm suprised they have managed to stay in business with all these lawsuits!

#3 Tinker

Tinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:38 AM

It's quite disheartening to read. Just to think these law suits are just another day in the life of Eliy. It's not just us cymbalta users that have suffered at their hands. They are criminals!

#4 buntbean2

buntbean2

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    Help with going off Cymbalta

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:54 AM

I also don't understand why our doctors are so quick to pen us prescriptions for medications that hurt so many of us.  There is a marked increase in Steven's Johnson Syndrome (http://www.stevens-j...on-syndrome.php).  A side effect I had never heard of but completely devastates.  Someone asked me yesterday why I specifically search for the negative side of things before I'll move on to the positive; why don't you trust your doctors?  In my experience, either doctors brush you off or truly don't have the time to check these things for themselves.  Just in this past year I was prx 3 different medications that I didn't use because they would have interacted badly with my other meds or medical conditions.  I had specifically addressed these issues with the doctor before I accepted the scripts.  He assured me there would be no problem.  There was.  And that's one doctor, one year.  My sister-in-law now lives with debilitating rheumatoid arthritis caused by a medication.  My husband's niece went on an antibiotic for acne at age 14 and she developed arthritis-like pain which continues at age 23.  My previous primary care doctor was furious with me for asking about tonsil stones.  She told me there was no such thing.  Her husband (a doctor in the same practice) overheard and told her there was.  I've lost faith in the medical community.  I've lost faith in the mental health community (I worked in a facility and became disgusted overhearing co-workers joking about clients).  Where do we go from here?

#5 buntbean2

buntbean2

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    Help with going off Cymbalta

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:05 AM

My doctor in Boston, MA put punctal plugs in my lower ducts (to help conserve tears).  I was told to expect some possible irritation for a few days.  After 2 days I had bleeding!  Over the phone I was told it was impossible for the plugs to scratch the cornea.  They brought me in as an emergency patient and YES scratches!!  He called in all the fellows (doctors in training), took pictures, and took the plugs out.  Then he actually referred me to the doctor who made those specific plugs (Boston).  "He" looked over all the information, photos, etc. then told me to go back to my original doctor and have them put back in!!  

#6 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

bb...

WHAT T F?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users