God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:23 AM

Oh, Vision, I am so sorry .... so very sorry for what you're suffering .... and so grateful for your effort to write to us in the midst of the pain ... what you can share of your experience / struggles with fibro after having beaten the Cymbalta poison is really important ... there are many of us here who have fibro, and were put on Cymbalta to treat the pain ... we need every bit of information and personal experience we can get, so that others who come after us can have the help we didn't have!

What, if anything, are you taking (med-wise) or doing (alternate treatments, etc) right now to address the fibro? Do you have a decent doc/therapist etc. to work with you on this? Are you a member of any fibro support groups?

What can we do to help you?

Please post more, as often as you can ... depending on how you feel ... and even if you can't post, please stay with us, just by reading the site ...

We're rooting for you, and praying for you!

#32 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:25 AM

Well my computer illiteracy comes through again. I made this post several days ago on the wrong thread. So I will copy it here. Sorry to be so late.

The current FDA black box warning is below.

WARNING: ADDICTION, ABUSE, and MISUSE; LIFE-THREATENING RESPIRATORY DEPRESSION, ACCIDENTAL INGESTION; and NEONATAL OPIOID WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME
See full prescribing information for complete boxed warning.

• MS CONTIN exposes users to risks of addiction, abuse, and misuse, which can lead to overdose and death. Assess each patient’s risk before prescribing, and monitor regularly for development of these behaviors and conditions. (5.1)
  • Serious, life-threatening or fatal respiratory depression may occur. Monitor closely, especially upon initiation or following a dose increase. Instruct patients to swallow MS CONTIN tablets whole to avoid exposure to a potentially fatal dose of morphine. (5.2)
  • Accidental ingestion of MS CONTIN, especially in children, can result in fatal overdose of morphine. (5.2)
  • Prolonged use of MS CONTIN during pregnancy can result in neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome, which may be life-threatening if not recognized and treated. If opioid use is required for a prolonged period in a pregnant woman, advise the patient of the risk of neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome and ensure that appropriate treatment will be available. (5.3)

http://dailymed.nlm....75-37B2E9FF65F6

Link to complete FDA info. I really suggest you read this.

#33 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

ArmyWife, where are you, how are you? We're concerned. Please post to let us know how you're feeling! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users