28 replies to this topic

#1 adminKen

adminKen

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBoston MA
  • why_joining:
    I'm the founder and I built this site to better understand the withdrawal effects of Cymbalta of someone who was close to me.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

Cymbalta Withdrawal Lawsuit Announcement

Schmidt & Clark, LLP, a nationally recognized products liability law firm, announced recently that it is now currently accepting new clients who have taken the prescription medication Cymbalta and subsequently suffered from severe withdrawal symptoms. To see if you qualify, you can visit their Cymbalta Withdrawal Lawsuit website.

What’s the Problem?
Cymbalta is an antidepressant medication approved to treat major depressive and anxiety disorders, chronic musculoskeletal pain including discomfort from osteoarthritis and chronic lower back pain, as well as diabetic peripheral neuropathy and fibromyalgia. The drug is manufactured by Eli Lilly & Co., and was first approved by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) in 2004. As forum members, we all know that Cymbalta has been linked to severe withdrawal symptoms in patients who discontinue treatment of the drug. Clinically referred to as Cymbalta Discontinuation Syndrome, this condition’s symptoms include:

• “Brain Zaps” (electric shock sensations)
• Suicidal Thoughts
• Nightmares
• Involuntary Crying or Laughing
• Persistent ringing in the ears (Tinnitus)
• Mood swings
• Limb pain
• Hypomania
• Seizures
• Anxiety
• Agitation
• Diarrhea

According to an FDA Warning, Cymbalta Discontinuation Syndrome can cause “injury, distress and life management impacts” when a patient quits taking the drug. Symptoms can persist for weeks or even months after discontinuing Cymbalta, and can adversely affect the person’s job function and personal relationships.

Discontinuation Dilemma
The Cymbalta Prescribing Information states: “A gradual reduction in the dose rather than abrupt cessation is recommended whenever possible.” However, gradually stepping down the dosage of Cymbalta is virtually impossible because the drug is only available in 20, 30 and 60mg capsules that cannot be divided or cut in half.

Cymbalta Class Action Lawsuit
In October 2012, the first Cymbalta Class Action Lawsuit was filed against Eli Lilly in federal district court in California. The case, which was entered on behalf of plaintiffs in CA, NY, MA and MO, alleges that Cymbalta causes an unreasonably large number of patients who attempt to stop taking it to experience sudden and severe withdrawal symptoms (as opposed to the 1% listed on the product’s labeling).

Do I Have a Cymbalta Lawsuit?
The Products Liability Litigation Group at the law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus exclusively on the representation of plaintiffs in Cymbalta Lawsuits. The firm is pursuing individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new Cymbalta withdrawal cases in all 50 states. If you experienced severe withdrawal symptoms after quitting or attempting to quit Cymbalta, we suggest that you visit their website. The site includes detailed information, news and more regarding this drug and the litigation surrounding it.

About Schmidt & Clark, LLP
Schmidt & Clark, LLP focuses on helping individuals and families. The firm has built a reputation for success, and represents their clients in group and individual lawsuits nationwide. Although Schmidt & Clark, LLP is national in scope, they level the playing field for their clients by providing them with access to a level of professional legal representation previously available only to large corporations, while still providing personal attention to each client.

For more information on the Cymbalta lawsuit or Schmidt & Clark, LLP, please visit:

www.schmidtandclark.com/cymbalta-withdrawal or call the law firm directly, toll free 24 hrs/day (866) 588-0600.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:25 PM

I just left the Schmidt & Clark, LLP website. They mention that they have decided NOT to do a class action suit but rather to pursue individual cases.

#3 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:53 PM

FN 

"They mention that they have decided NOT to do a class action suit but rather to pursue individual cases."

Is one type of action better than the other? I suppose it's a broad question. 

#4 roberthilley

roberthilley

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:21 PM

A class action is a type of lawsuit filed with the court on behalf of large group of people or “class” of individuals that have been injured or wronged. The class is represented by the law firm and the case is generally decided upon a single member of the class who is sometimes referred to as the “class representative or class rep.”

In some instances, a class action may offer some advantages, as they aggregate a large number of individualized claims into one representational lawsuit. The aggregation can increase the efficiency of the legal process, lower the costs of litigation and in some cases offer the solution to a common problem wherein small recoveries do not provide the incentive for any individual or law firm to file an individual lawsuit.

However, a class action suit can also be a detriment to many class members, as they are often forced into a blanket “low ball settlement” and higher attorney fees. At Schmidt & Clark, LLP we understand that our clients are suffering emotionally and economically due to loss of wages and/or high medical bills and we plan to maximize each client’s recovery by filing individual Cymbalta Lawsuits on their behalf.

#5 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

roberthilley

Thank you for the response. Many people on this site are from around the world. Is this suit just for US citizens?

#6 roberthilley

roberthilley

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

From my understanding, a law firm can only represent U.S. citizens in these types of cases ... however, I would contact the law firm and speak directly with one of the attorneys to be sure.

#7 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

roberthilley

What's your stake in this? How do you make money from this event?

#8 roberthilley

roberthilley

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

I am the Director of Public Relations and Client Services for the law firm.  If you are interested in pursuing a potential claim, I suggest that you call the firm directly by dialing (866) 588-0600 or by visiting the website listed in the post above.  Thank you.

#9 BelaLugosisDad

BelaLugosisDad

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:28 AM

I am the Director of Public Relations and Client Services for the law firm.  If you are interested in pursuing a potential claim, I suggest that you call the firm directly by dialing (866) 588-0600 or by visiting the website listed in the post above.  Thank you.

Hey Robert, Thanks for joining.

For transparencies sake, would you be so kind as to state as to whether you have any financial interest in the ownership of this site? I noticed you have a banner advertising your services.

Many of us are having a positive experience with one of your competitors Knox Ricksen who have been supporting us for a very long time in a neutral way.

Why have you suddenly appeared?

Were you involved in the domain purchase in 2011?

Is there any form of conflict of interest?

Can you tell us about yourselves, you seem to have made a post with some pretty generic information about Cymbalta that has been on the forum for a while.

What value do you add and what services do you provide?

I am looking forward to hearing how you are going to help us!

Many thanks.

#10 adminKen

adminKen

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBoston MA
  • why_joining:
    I'm the founder and I built this site to better understand the withdrawal effects of Cymbalta of someone who was close to me.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:27 AM

Hey Robert, Thanks for joining.

For transparencies sake, would you be so kind as to state as to whether you have any financial interest in the ownership of this site? I noticed you have a banner advertising your services.

Many of us are having a positive experience with one of your competitors Knox Ricksen who have been supporting us for a very long time in a neutral way.

Why have you suddenly appeared?

Were you involved in the domain purchase in 2011?

Is there any form of conflict of interest?

Can you tell us about yourselves, you seem to have made a post with some pretty generic information about Cymbalta that has been on the forum for a while.

What value do you add and what services do you provide?

I am looking forward to hearing how you are going to help us!

Many thanks.

I'm the sole owner of this site.

#11 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a zombie of too long.
    I want a life!

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:33 PM

I'm too depressed to leave a message. 

#12 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a zombie of too long.
    I want a life!

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:57 PM

I just spoke with someone from the law firm. They can't take my case because I was taking other psychotropic medications while on the Cymbalta.

This doesn't mean they won't take your case. Please try to get as many cases filed. We need to get this poison off the market.

#13 mzricci72

mzricci72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationRhode Island
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off cybalta and thought I was going to go insane starting the 3rd day of not taking it. Have been online going through different websites regarding this issue and found this to be the most informative.

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

I know that I am posting this two years after the initial post but I just began going through Cymbalta withdrawal and decided to check out this link. The website states that "Schmidt & Clark, LLP is No Longer Taking These Cases" goes on to say that they urge us to find another firm that handles this if we feel we have a case.

#14 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

Welcome mz!

Many of us here have been in touch with the firm Knox Ricksen located in Oakland, CA.  You might like to check them out!  The contact person there is Zachary Johnson.

If we can be of any help to you as you go through this horrible withdrawal, please come back with any questions you may have.  We're here for you!

Liz

#15 umopepisdn

umopepisdn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:01 PM

Can anyone call this lawfirm Liz?  even if they do not live in CA?

#16 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:09 PM

Absolutely!  I live in FL - others live in different states as well :)

#17 umopepisdn

umopepisdn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:19 PM

Thank you for the fast reply.  Is this the best way to start out helping others get informed/help?  

I'm clearly new to this all.  But i was looking around the internet thinking someone must have started a classaction suit somewhere for this horrible withdrawal.  

I have never been so scared to stop (or miss) taking a medication before. 

#18 Sleepyhead

Sleepyhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:33 PM

I can't help but wonder why it is so hard to find a law firm to take on the pharmaceutical industry over this drug.....;-)

#19 djack2112

djack2112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:35 AM

Can anyone call this lawfirm Liz?  even if they do not ln CA?

Absolutely.I live in Oklahoma, near Tulsa. I feel everyones pain that have had to suffer through this horrible medication. I realize most of the cases are for withdrawals, in which is bad enough, but It made me attempt suicide. I am forever grateful for the emergency crews that were able to save me. Forever traumatized, I hope to one day be back to normal. I still suffer from short/long term memory loss, and have trouble accessing things, which used to be a strength of mine.  

#20 hocaspocas

hocaspocas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:26 PM

Is there any new cases of lawsuit. I would love to bring my case in.

#21 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:01 AM

Hi HP!

Welcome!

Regarding the law suit, many of us are working with Knox Ricksen LLP in Oakland, CA

Phone 510.285.2500

Hope this helps!

#22 Amybc7

Amybc7

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

Hello Everyone!  It's so hard to believe that it's been 18 months since I even logged in here.  You all were my lifeline for so long and I can't ever put into words how much I appreciated every second of your time!

I got a letter today from Knox Ricksen regarding the lawsuit.  I was surprised to say the least.  I haven't heard a word from them since filling out the paperwork almost two years ago.  Is anyone else in this boat?  They want records (even though I know I sent things back in '14) and forms for me to fill out again.  

I'm a bit frustrated.  My mind was such mush during that time and now I'm supposed to recall of that two years later?

Does anyone have any more information about what's going on with the law suit?

#23 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

Good to hear from you again, Amy!

I also filled out forms during withdrawal and I have been off for over 2 1/2 yrs now!  I know that I have very little recollection of what I said on those forms - I also answered many questions when talking w/Zachary Johnson.  I could swear that I did get some records at that time.

I'm going to call to see just what info they already have.

#24 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:58 AM

ALWAYS keep a copy of all forms that can be used in legal matters. I too filled out the information in 2013. I kept a copy to refer to and in addition I keep a log of all important medical symptoms, drs comments, etc to 'refresh' my memory. I sent an email to the gentleman on the letter, he confirmed he had all my medical records that I had sent in before and I only needed to fill out the enclosed survey which I will do this weekend.

#25 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:56 AM

Good advice, FH...

I will send an email as well since I have talked to 2 different people there..

#26 Amybc7

Amybc7

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:00 PM

ALWAYS keep a copy of all forms that can be used in legal matters. I too filled out the information in 2013. I kept a copy to refer to and in addition I keep a log of all important medical symptoms, drs comments, etc to 'refresh' my memory. I sent an email to the gentleman on the letter, he confirmed he had all my medical records that I had sent in before and I only needed to fill out the enclosed survey which I will do this weekend.

Good call!  I wonder if I was that smart....and if so....where the heck did I put them?  I see a Sunday project in my future!

#27 siggyd17

siggyd17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

I'm a bit afraid to do anything. I don't think my doctor would appreciate me asking her to fill out some forms for a lawsuit for a medication she prescribed. :( She's a great doctor, but I feel she may not have known much about the medication, or thought I would be ok on it. I do trust my doctors, I do not trust the medications, or big pharma. lol! 

#28 sk8rmama24

sk8rmama24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:45 PM

Not really sure whether or not I want to pursue possible litigation, I am not a litigious person, but if I did sustain a physical injury due to discontinuation of duloxetine, I don't know how I would go about having my case reviewed.  Since I take duloxetine and not name brand Cymbalta, I am not even sure who would be responsible.  I don't think there is actually any sort of medical test to show that the damage done to my body was a result of the discontinuation, it seems like the syndrome would be the cause when other medical reasons are ruled out.  How are personal injury cases due to medication even able to be proven?  I am already under evaluation for SSDI due to MDD and experiencing a complete mental breakdown that I haven't fully recovered from in 4 years, but I am not sure how it has been documented in my medical records that I have been experiencing severe symptoms of discontinuation syndrome.  I have discussed it with my primary doctor, and I have discussed it with my prescribing psychiatrist, but I cannot control how they document it in my medical records.  I know they do not deny the fact that discontinuation syndrome exists, but my psychiatrist said that it would be rare that the severe symptoms I have been having would be due to reducing my dose and my primary isn't as experienced with this type of medical condition.  My psychiatrist has had patients previously that have been sensitive to the dose reductions, but the symptoms were not as severe as mine.  I am having symptoms that are very close to hepatic failure, renal failure or pancreatic obstruction.  Honestly, either being diagnosed with an endocrine tumor, or having a severe discontinuation syndrome are both equally rare in occurring, but something is wrong with me and even if every possible condition causing my symptoms is rare, at least one of them is responsible.  But I just don't know what to do or who to ask about possible litigation if I am injured by a drug.

#29 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:30 AM

This is so true Sk8mama. I don't know of any lawyers currently pursuing lawsuits over Cymbalta and so many of the lawyers out there are just in it for the money. I am afraid I don't have a good answer. I have ben involved in a number of law suits over the years, Some I started, some as a witness and others. All I can tell you is that the lawyers will get you on the stand and degrade you, try to humiliate you and even suggest you are a liar.

This is just one persons experience so take it with a grain of salt and good luck in your decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users