• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pollipops

Pollipops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

Hello all, I'm posting from Scotland,and want to first of all thank every single one of you for helping me through the last couple of weeks. I went from 80mg to 40mg to zero and it was the worst kind of nightmare ever. But I didn't know about bead counting, I just knew I had to get off these evil meds. Was taking them for depression instead of sertraline (another story) and also for SUI which its licensed for in Europe. What I cannot manage now is pain and I'm scared to take any more meds. Any suggestions? Thanks

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:52 PM

Welcome, Pollipops!  We're so happy you have found us! 

Wow - you did some kind of rapid down dosing there - cold turkey withdrawal is truly hell - I did it, as well as others on this forum and you are one strong cookie!  I came off 60 mgs to 0 -  BAD IDEA!!  I didn't know about bead counting either!

We have a forum called "Nutritional Support" which you might find helpful.  What type of pain are you having? Please let us know how we can help!

Liz

#3 Pollipops

Pollipops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:25 AM

I have severe pain in neck, right shoulder and upper arm. Could be tendonitis but thinking about my pain issues over the past few years I actually think I have fibromyalgia. Again, don't really want to see my doctor because I have a feeling I will be pressurised into cymbalta again or amitrityline or similar which I really do not want to take.
Only got 3 hours sleep last night due to pain and now I need to face a full day at work.
Thank you x

#4 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:07 PM

pain seems to be a common side effect for those who are dosing down as well those who have quit and are still in withdrawal -which as you know can last a long time. many of us took it for depression, not pain, but now suffer from varying degrees of pain. just like folks who took it for pain now suffer from serious mental health issues like anxiety.  i get over all muscle aches like i've totally overexerted myself when i haven't done anything strenuous. however i am physically active on a regular basis. other times it feels "fluish" joints and muscles. i also get neuropathic type pain, numbness and tingling involved, in my arms and fingers. also some pain along my sciatic nerves in both legs. while i won't assume its all totally from the impact cymbalta had on my nervous system, it all seemed to develop right as i was finishing up my rapid taper - a modified cold turkey. five months later it remains. its usually the worst when my mental symptoms abate. they cycle back and forth, physical, then mental. 

i also have arthritis, i had it before during and after cymbalta. i think cymbalta covered the pain up and now that i'm off, it kicked in with a vengeance.

i am only taking ibuprofen for it. helps some. i can still get around, i am not incapacitated. i just freakin' hurt!

#5 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:02 PM

Pollipops,

I have arthritis and fibro and was taking only ibuprofen (3 tabs at a time), but pain has worsened since I stopped the crapalta. I take 1 Hydrocodone/day and it helps. There are many days when I am not pain-free, though.  I also get massage therapy which is very helpful.  I am able to get this once a week with a prescription from my Dr. every 90 days and the insurance will pay for it.

Days that I have been very active are the worst, but I can even have pain just sitting!  I don't know for sure, but feel that this is one of the "blessings" left behind from the poison drug. :(  I have been off it for over 9 1/2 months now. :unsure:    

#6 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

I agree with the pain.  Although I have arthritis and it runs in the family.  My mom had it in the same places as I do.  She never took any medicaitons.....Therefore, it could be cymblata related and then again it could not be.  Either way we have the pains.....hmmmm

#7 Amysgarden

Amysgarden

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUS
  • why_joining:
    Kicking the poison out of my life

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:23 PM

Topical creams such as Blue Emu or Australian Dream help me a lot. They have emu oil, MSM, and glucosamine. I've not tried the Australian Dream brand, but I love the Blue Emu stuff. Odorless and no icy hot effect. It just eases the pain. Other than that, heat, chelated magnesium, ibuprofen help me too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users