#9841 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

Posted jobs

I'm still looking for a job, I've been out of work exactly 6 months, I love it!! I have an interview on Tuesday... all good things (semi-retirement) must come to an end.

I saw my p-doc today. She is so happy I am weaning and said I should write a book about it. She said she is so sorry I'm going through this. I told her it's not her fault! She didn't give me the original prescription.

#9842 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

Job opening

Hope you get this job Kathy. Let us know.

On a lighter note, Sid made me lunch. What a love, his eyes twinkle when he looks at me, all smiles as usual.

#9843 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:31 AM

opening eyes

Ahhh, Gail. "all smiles as usual"?

As Life Science reports...

"A three-toed sloth can rotate its head nearly 90 degrees or more, and its mouth is shaped in a way that makes the animal appear as if it's always smiling."

I hate to say this but you can't trust his smile. It is genetic. He may actually be planning your demise. Hmmm. I wonder how bbq sloth would taste.

#9844 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

eyes closed

Oh, my - FH, you are always in the mood to BBQ something! :P

How are you feeling, Gail?  I hope there is some improvement...

Good luck, Kathy - go for it!!

My garage is starting to smell funky - I have put out lots of rat poison and it is disappearing - I know the smell of dead rat :(   I have had them before and at this point I am not sure how many I have - they are driving me nuts, so I'm glad the poison is being eaten! :o

#9845 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

closed mouth

Just incase anyone is curious.

Not to people living in Ann Arbor, or most other parts of the globe. Outside of a handful of indigenous South American tribes, there isn't much of a tradition of eating sloth meat. Researchers who work in Amazonia and have sampled the dish report that it's slimy, chewy and gamey, and most feel that one serving is enough for a lifetime. Still, as with any food, personal reactions differ. Daniel Everett, a linguist who has spent more than seven years living with the Pirahã people of Brazil, agrees that unseasoned sloth is tough and slightly gamey, but he finds the meat palatable and vaguely reminiscent of pork.

#9846 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

mouth shut

Thanks for that valuable info, FH...I will store it away for when there is a lull in a conversation! :lol:

#9847 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:26 PM

shut out

just swinging by to check in!

dr hat - i love daniel everett's story. the grammar of happiness is one of my favorite movies! i know he is very controversial among linguists - and theologians - but i find his research fascinating.

gail - the latino french-canadian woman i work with brought  a few treats to the office from montreal - her mom is down for a visit. a bag of fromage en grains and lays ketchup flavored potato chips. love the cheese. the chips i can do without. they're hot-pink and too sweet. really weird. wondered why they are a hit up there but not in the US. apparently they don't distribute them in the states - guess its a canadian thing and we just don't understand?

TFL - citrus rats? they decimate our orange trees but the cats keep them away from the house. 

KathyinFL - congrats on the interview - holding out good thoughts for you. nothing like a job to help the healing

#9848 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:10 PM

Out House (okay, I cheated... it's supposed to be one word -- Outhouse) I enjoyed the following link from http://cottagelife.c...about-outhouses

Thanks for the well wishes for the job! The interview went well today, or so I believe.

#9849 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:40 AM

house call

I know I will regret posting this but I am old enough to remember when outhouses were common including at our house. When we had to go to the outhouse we would simply say we were making a 'house call'.

#9850 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:02 AM

Call missed

Good morning!

#9851 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

missed appointment

Morning! :hug:

Therp appointment today - massage yesterday and pedicure Tues...busy week

Barometer has fallen a lot so not in the best of shape :(

How are you, Gail?

#9852 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:43 PM

Appointment tomorrow

I don't dare answer this question Liz. Let's just say that it's still real painful.

Lots of sleep, tears and hope!

#9853 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

tomorrow comes

Wishing good reports for you, Gail :)

#9854 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

Comes again

Ah well, we're getting closer and closer to the real issue. Another scan should tell us or confirm the verdict.

Sid and I are enjoying a brandy, it's been a long time. We are celebrating life.

#9855 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

again alone

Busy week here...

In the last 2 days I have seen 3 rats - 2 dead and one juvenile still living but I can't kill anything :(   My garage is smelling funky on and off and I hope this will end soon...The last block of poison I put out is still there so maybe they are all on their way out - must have had a small village of them above my head :o

#9856 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:53 AM

Alone at last

Liz, you should put a sign above your garage door saying " Free bed and breakfast including an ultimate surprise ". Lol! Love you xxx

#9857 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

last chance

Hey, Liz. If you find one of those dead rats for poison be sure and get rid of the body right away. Dogs, cats and other animals will come along and eat them and die.

#9858 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

chance taken

Gail, that gave me a good laugh first thing this morning! :lol:

FH, I was aware of that and used a trowel to scoop it into a plastic bag, tightened the bag and threw it in my trash.   I have learned much from my oldest son who is Director of Conservation in the Northwest Region for the National Park System! :)

#9859 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

Taken away

You sure know your way around rats Liz!

Tablet going crazy,

#9860 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:50 AM

away from

Good Morning all! :hug:

Took a break from rats and went to church yesterday!  Prayer List still going strong...

This morning I found the "rat child" dead on the garage floor...due to the funky on and off smell in garage, I am sure there were several more :o

#9861 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

from the nose

Liz, I wonder if they sell Fabreze in gallon bottles.  lol

#9862 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:27 AM

nose running

Morning!

I have been having computer problems here and was on the phone w/Microsoft which helped some.  If it is still not fixed I will have go to HP - warranty up on June 4. 

Thankfully, it appears that my rats are gone - no more funky smells or dead rats on garage floor! :D

#9863 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:40 PM

Running wild

No inspiration for the moment. Brain dead. But hello to all!

#9864 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

wild day

It was just one of those days. every 15 minute job wound up taking 2 hours. Those kind of days are frustrating.

#9865 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

Day over

What sort of work are you doing at the moment? Trees? Lawn? Fishing? If so, I just hope that all is done in your new zebra g-string. Posing here and there for your wife to admire! Lol!

#9866 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:03 PM

over there

I, too, have had one of those days....

Taking Ivy outside constantly after Invisible Fence man turned up voltage (she kept running out of the yard :(), major computer problems and everything went out due to Cable outage. ..SHEESH!!!

Think I spent about 3 hrs on the phone with Microsoft, HP and the Cable co. :angry: HP wants me to send in laptop as they say it is a hard drive problem but it seems to be working fine now.  Have Cable guy coming tomorrow cuz they tell me my connections are not good.  Good Grief!

Good to just sit here and listen to thunder :P

PS  FH, I am looking forward to a post of you in that zebra g-string :lol: 

#9867 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:27 AM

There there

Computers!!! I spent almost one hour and a half with them on the phone. How extenuating and frustrating. The price to pay for technology.

Liz, I also made a zebra g-string for Sid to match his uncle Hat. He doesn't seem real comfortable in them. But since Hat wears them, he wants to do the same. I'll pass!

#9868 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:04 AM

There is

Well I found a picture of a zebra G-string. I was going to send it you all but ahh  ahhh ...I don't think it would pass the sensors. Sorry

#9869 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

Is wrong

That's ok Fishingbrain, I saw it all on your Facebook page. It fits you well.

The next one that I will make for you will be made in satin. Choose your color!

#9870 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:19 PM

Wrong words.

Can we make up words here? Or only on twitter?

Can you make a bikini for a giraffe? I was addicted to watching April get ready to have her calf. Did you all see that happen?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)