#1 ThisBetterPass

ThisBetterPass

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta is like my biochemistry's stalker and can't take a clue.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

This symptom is something that I've had since the third week into the taper. However, it's really kicking my butt. It feels as though I was kicked in the ribs or held a crunch too long. Most of the time, the symptom manifests on the right side of my rib cage but has been on the left side or both on occasions.

My questions for those here:

1. Do you have this symptom?

2. If so, is there a main spot it bugs you? Does it travel at times?

3. Have you found a definite antecedent to this type of pain/tenderness?

#2 kathyms3150

kathyms3150

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • why_joining:
    Trying to cope with withdrawal/discontinuation. Have depression and anxiety since my teens.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

Hi TBP,  I've been off of Cymbalta for close to 4 months and yes, I've had a feeling of tightness in my chest that sometimes spreads down my abdomen. It's very uncomfortable. I've found that it seems to have lessened in time. Wish I had an answer as to what can help with this symptom. The withdrawal can cause a lot of strange sensations and it seems as though time is what helps. Hang in there.

#3 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

ThisBetterPass, I myself personally never experienced pain like you have described. Chest pain and tightness due to anxiety, although that was it. At the time I felt this pain and tightness I did have it checked out. This would be my advise to you because pain in the chest area should be checked out to rule out anything of a serious nature. I wouldn't want to tell you this is a normal symptom due to your Cymbalta taper. Please get this checked out so you won't be worried about it.

Please keep us posted.

#4 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:45 AM

TBP,  I have this symptom, and it started for me at 9 months off.  It came on me suddenly.

Some days I have lower back pain, then some days I have upper back pain and tightness

that goes all the way around my torso, with pain and soreness in my ribs.  I'm really glad

to know this is a withdrawal symptom.  I've tried Epsom salt bath which helps a little.

#5 ThisBetterPass

ThisBetterPass

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

Yesterday's scheduled trip to the chiropractor validated the theory my pain is related to withdrawal. It was a month since my last visit and we agreed I should be seen every two weeks for the foreseeable future. I still feel it today but at a much lesser degree.

#6 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

ThisBetterPass, happy to hear you visited the chiropractor and explained your exact symptoms to him/her, this way he would be better in giving an answer to your pain. My concern was from the title of this topic where you stated rib/chest/muscle tightness. Where ever there could be tightness of chest which is new to someone, it should always be checked out.

#7 ThisBetterPass

ThisBetterPass

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:59 PM

I have also had it verified by my GP and massage therapist.  If it gets a little tight near the bottom of my rib cage, I do some deep breathing with my diaphragm and it usually eases up in a couple of minutes. Occasionally it will go hand-in-hand with any bouts of anxiety.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users