Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:38 PM

I just read an excellent article about Robin Williams' death written by a doctor with excellent insight into psychotropics and informed consent which has been discussed at length on our forum.

If one of you techy's could post the link for this computer illiteratešŸ˜³, it would be easier for people to click the link directly instead of taking the time to look it up. It is one of the best articles I have read in a long time discussing 'drug cocktails' prescribed by doctors and the lack of informed consent.

The website is: Ssristories.org. There is a Search box and if you type in Robin Williams Death, the article will come up. Also, another good read is one by Dr. Andrew Weil. I had not heard of this site before. It has a lot of useful and valuable information, IMHO, for those of us on this withdrawal/discontinuation journey off the Crap!

#2 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

Correction: article is entitled 'Robin Williams Suicide: Why We Need a Grand Jury Inquest Investigation'

#3 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:12 AM

http://www.ssristori...the-daily-mail/

definitely food for thought, and no doubt that med cocktails and anti-d's in general have contributed to such tragedies. i've always wondered why the laws in various states that allow for someone to be comitted to a hospital against their will only impose a 3 day limit. any time frame longer than 3 days must be by consent of the patient. while in the hospital they pump these folks up with anti-d's and other psychoactive drugs and release them 3 days later when most likely to be vulnerable to the side effects that have led to suicide and/or homicide. even big pharma will tell you these drugs take weeks to work. 

the most common time for someone to take such extreme action is within the first couple months of startng the drugs. seems to me that there needs to be a heavily monitored period of time afterwards. if not in the hospital, then on an outpatient basis - with enforcement carried out by the authority that imposed the baker act - typically a police officer getting an emergency court order for a psychiatric evaluation.  handle it like probation or parole. the baker act is only allowed when a person has been determined to be an immediate danger to themselves or others. heck, we're trying to quarantine healthy doctors who wore a hazmat suit while treating ebola patients - you'd think we could do likewise with someone at much higher risk of harming others - a person compelled to use bullets or bombs - no physical contacts required.

we all know that anti-d's, mood stabilizers and drugs used to treat ADHD are all way overprescribed because of big pharma, doctors who need repeat business and an impatient public who demands to be fixed by a "pill". however, i do believe that robin williams was truly bipolar. it is a legitimate disease - but way overdiagnosed. i feel i am one of those who got the label as the disease "du jour" and believe that's happened to countless others. my husband and friends/family never thought i exhibited symptoms. the doc said the telltale sign was rage. i know my rage was based on irrational thought patterns - insisting that others agree with me or that they must behave a certain way - and flipping out if they didn't. therapy has helped with that quite a lot.

williams has admitted he was manic depressive, even prior to his big drug addiction days. i had a roomate who was manic depressive and she had never done drugs. she was impossible to live with and cycled rapidly. she would go from thinking she was the most invincible god-like genius to being the most worthless piece of garbage in a matter of hours, back and forth. it runs in families including hers. of course drug abuse can trigger it, but so can trauma and stressful events. just like with cancer where some carry a gene that pre-disposes them to the disease but may not develop cancer unless they encounter a trigger, like being subjected to harmful chemicals, asbestos, smoking or eating fatty junk food. that's why other folks can get away with doing likewise and live to be 100 - like george burns.

where i get real skeptical is these newer forms of bipolar that started showing up n the DSM 20-30 years ago, such as biplar 2, cyclothymia and atypical depression. i've even seen references to bipolar 3. whenever a condition turns into a spectrum disorder, like ADHD and autism, i start to get suspicious. however williams was a classic BP 1. 

i think that both big pharma has an agenda just like organizations that deny the need for any psychiatric meds - such as scientologists. as with most things, its not black or white, but the truth lies somewhere in between, 

all that being said, i agree that a grand jury investigation is in order, not only in the robin williams case but in the mass shootings and murder/suicide actions of teens on anti-d's and related meds. 

#4 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

Brz...

Wonderful post!   Thanks so much...

#5 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

Brz...

Wonderful post!   Thanks so much...

you mean you read all that?  wow! ;-)

#6 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

If you mean the long article about Robin Williams et al, yes, I found it very interesting!

#7 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:58 AM

If you mean the long article about Robin Williams et al, yes, I found it very interesting!

no, i mean my long rambling post after it. ;-)

you said "Brz... wonderful post" . shadylady is the one who mentioned the article and started the discussion about it, i just found and posted the link and then wrote that long post after it

#8 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:54 AM

brz,

Yes, I read your long rambling too !  I was referring to all.... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users