12 replies to this topic

#1 Malificent

Malificent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

Hello,
I thought I had done this the right way. I have been on cymbalta for 10 years and I am 53. I slowly went off this drug for two months, by my choice! But I am losing it! I feel terrible! I'm sick to my stomach, migraine or headache daily, dizzy as can be and the meanest person I know! And on top of all that I cry at anything good or bad. I have extreme guilt for allowing myself to stay on this drug for so long! I have attempted this before and failed. I have guilt also for what I'm putting my family through, because I am a LOON! Please how long will this last!? I went to the doctor and asked she is furious that I did this without her consent and offers not much information. I have zofran for nausea but not willing to take anything else.. Really need words of inspiration right now... As you guessed it, I'm crying. Please... Anyone

#2 Malificent

Malificent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

Maybe I'm a men's person and didn't realizeit??? That scares me even more! I reading some of the post and they say cymbalta hide who they really were

#3 Malificent

Malificent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:58 AM

I meant mean person lol! not men... ROFL.. I guess I'm ok, I still have my sense of humor because I'm privately laughing at that mishap!

#4 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

MLF, hello and wellcome here to our safe Haven,

What you describe is side effects from withdrawal. Normal.

2 months is a very short time, too short time to taper.

On what dosage were you to begin with?
What method have you used to go to zero?
You are on zero since when?
How was it during those two months?
What was the purpose for using this shit?

Questions, yes, we need the info to help you.

As for the guilt, when we take shitbalta or whatever medication, it is because we are at the end of our rope. It is not by pleasure, we need something, and we go for it. And that is human. No need for the guilt trip.

When we stop, we become erratic, moody, violent, we cry, are depressed, anxious, hurt physically, emotionally, and all so many things more.

That is what we call the brain rewiring. What you are going through is the norm. It takes time, but things can help.

As I said, a bit more info here would be helpful for us to guide you.

Sense of humor is good, was wondering about being a men s person myself till I read your other post.

Bottom line, it is normal, your brain is reacting in a normal way,
For a person in withdrawal, sure sucks. And most of us have been there, or are still there.

As for how long this will last, depending on your answers, we will be able to tell you more and able to suggest what measures you can take to alleviate the pain. Oh, any benzos around? That was the last question.

Looking forward to hear from you MLF.

#5 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

malificient:

gail's got it down. great advice!

#6 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:51 PM

MLF,

Welcome!  We're so happy that you have found us!

Gail has already asked all the questions, and I just want to add that we want to help, so please feel free to come back to ask questions, cry, vent or whatever you need to..  This is a safe place and no one will judge you.

I am a cold turkey survivor of over 10 months now, and I know, this is no pleasure trip!  It is not surprising that your doc reacted the way she did - they know nothing of the withdrawal from this crap.  They only know what the drug reps tell them - according to most of them, they don't even think there is any withdrawal to speak of.  Wish we could put them through this! :angry:

I am on my 3rd PCP since getting off this poison.

Please let us know how you are doing - you will be so happy to meet all of the wonderful people here!

Liz :)

#7 Malificent

Malificent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:19 PM

Thank you for responding. Wasn't sure you would, I took a pill. I ruptured a t-12 disc years ago. And three years ago they did surgery. So between pain and depression this is what was recommend. At one time- may have saved my life. But I am in severe binges of migraines. This last time, 35 day binge. So I was trying to get off ALL meds because, I felt no doctors could help, that they were compounding the issue by giving me more drugs! I have NEVER experienced anything like this! I stumbled across this website and I was reading all this as if it wa me writing it! I used method other than I went from one day to three a day for a week to one a day for a week. This was week two will zero...

#8 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

What was your prescribed dosage?  You don't want to put yourself into cold turkey withdrawal if at all possible...   Sounds as if this might be what you are doing.  What dosage are you taking now?

BTW, you are not a LOON, because if you are, then we ALL are!! :wacko:

We really need to know what your dosage is right now so that we may help you!  You have been down dosing at least for 2 months now - probably too fast...

#9 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

MLF, can you be more clearer? Sounds like you have been putting yourself in withdrawal day after day, since the beginning.

As Tfl asked, dosage at which you started? I can't understand the way you went from how many mg to zero.

Have you been taken the crap a few times a week, meaning skipping days, correct?

How many days have passed since the zero mark?

Depending on your answers, we may suggest that you reinstate at a tolerable dosage and bead count.

As for the migraines,surely someone will chime in with suggestion.

I can understand with the migraine side effect that you would want to end it fast, as for me, the anxiety it caused made me cold turkey at 15mg. Perhaps this is the way for you to do it, I can't tell. Either way, it is not symptom free.

Have the migraines diminished since the zero mark?

Please keep posting, stay with us, we are here for you, and in helping you, keep in mind that we are helping ourselves! See you soon.

#10 Malificent

Malificent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:10 PM

I was on 120 mg three months ago decided to taper off. Took a month and went to 60 mg. for another month, then went to every other day and then three times a week and finally zero! Two days ago, I started 60 mg again and can tell a huge difference, starting to feel better. What have I done? How can this drug affect me like this?? I was a horrible person for two weeks to my family! I will not be able to go off this drug. I can't belive I'm addicted to a drug like this!

#11 Malificent

Malificent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:12 PM

Migraines seem to have eased off not sure if it is because of going off all meds or starting Tompiax. My migraines rule everything these days and I am desperate. It led me to dump all meds ( dumb mistake) I have paid the price.

#12 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:28 PM

MLF,hello to you,

So glad you reinstated to 60mg, and feeling much getter.

When you say that you were a horrible person for two weeks, heard and read that so many times. Normal, your brain did not like to be deprived of its precious shit and made you pay for it.

The good news is that you are back from this trip to hell.

If you decide to quit, do not do the every other day way, because of its short life, you will be yoyoing everyday from good to bad. Often doctors recommend this, it is a no no.

I will refrain myself from saying what I think, what most think of them concerning cymbalta withdrawal. The things we hear, reminds me of something funny I read the other day. Sounds like this, Your ass must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth! Oh well, they don't know any better.

Bead counting is recommended to quit. A long process at times, but the easiest on your body,and your brain.

Take a break, get stable on the 60mg before doing anything.

I am sure glad that you are back and that the migraines are less.
Keep posting, this will help others to not make that mistake.

Any questions, feel free to ask. Gail

#13 Malificent

Malificent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:12 PM

Thanks Gail, I'll get stable and try and read the bead counting information. I had never heard of that until I stumbled on this website. I

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users